• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Media Black Out. Causes and solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mage00000

In the last episode of the 3 (three) amigo’s Joël mentioned the Dash media black out which is something I also noticed on crypto youtube channels. It is as if people are literally avoiding to say “Dash”, as if it is a four letter word…
I even watched someone going down the list of coinmarketcap while he showed it on screen: “IOTA down x%, NEO down x%, Monero down x%, Ether classic ...”, skipping Dash!
It seems to be “not done” to say “Dash” on youtube, or not cool or something.
I have been thinking about it for a long time and wondered what the reason could be, or reasons…
These are the things that I could come up with:

- Dash masternodes are inaccessible for most people. There aren’t many who can put down the 1000 Dash required to set up a masternode. So you were either in it early or you are too late. Now while this last phrase holds true for masternodes it is of course not true for Dash itself. Yet people want to participate and Dash has this off limits area. People then exaggerate the issue.

- Treasury proposals require 5 Dash, which is way too much for most people. Again this is a threshold that is too high for those who wish to participate. These two items combined make Dash a bit of an elite project. Yes, it is a good project, but no, it is not for everybody. Again of course people exaggerate this issue.

- Dash looks very professional (it has the name, it had a beautiful girl promoting it) and is self supporting. This may sound as a good thing to most of us, yet it again adds to the elite status of Dash and more than that, being self supporting it doesn’t seem to need community support. Again this is exaggerated, but I think this is what is happening in people’s minds.

I think that the insta-mine-issue has little impact anymore, but it was a trigger in the past and has not been repaired. To be clear on this, it is what gave Dash a shady look in the beginning and made people turn away. Now that shady look is gone, but the people have not yet returned.

Other than that there are of course all sorts of maximalists and "religious" fanatics.
I can not think of any more reasons.

So, what can be done about it?

- Interest bearing accounts and shared masternodes will address the first issue sufficiently, I think. I know there is being worked on this, so it will get settled.

- There is this mini-proposal project being set up (or running?) which addresses the second issue.

While these will get settled this is not enough to get the general crypto community to reconsider their views. It may be on the long run and of course when evolution gets rolled out but we can perhaps do something more to make the project look more cool and make it OK to talk about Dash.
And that can be accomplished IMHO, with some humour. Everybody likes a good laugh, so it will definitely work if executed correctly.
My idea is as follows (but it is just an idea and feel free to reject or improve upon):

Let’s have a contest and create short funny youtube video’s showing (and of course wildly exaggerating) how Dash is ignored in the media. I am thinking of making a few caricatures of famous crypto youtubers while they completely ignore Dash.
An easy target would be Datadash because he has dash in his name but never talks about dash (unless expressly asked by his followers) and the fact of the matter is that along with that as well he has these reoccurring phrases. I want to stress that it should be a video that Nicholas himself will also laugh about, and perhaps will even mention on his channel. Thus helping our cause, making Dash cool again.
As I said I saw people literally going down the Coinmarketcap list skipping Dash, so what if Dash is the only green coin in a sea of red? You can use that in a video, show this … (doctored image)
DashMediaBO.png
and say that today every single coin is in the red, not one exception! And go down the list: “IOTA, Monero, NEO, Ether Classic, NEM...” Like that.
Show how Dash is ignored in a short and hilarious video.
If we get some really good entries, show the top 3 in a DashForceNews video so to give them some exposure and start a conversation.
Again, I am not saying that this is the ultimate solution, not even that we should definitely do this. It is just an idea open to improvement and other suggestions.

So…. What say you?

Over a month has passed since the above post and I see a change. I don't know what happened, but something definitely changed.
Datadash for example no longer avoids Dash. I have seen him mentioning Dash this last month more than in the entire year before. Even with some quick TA on its price chart!
Also I see other youtubers starting to mention Dash or even do a whole video about it.
And NEO has dropped below Dash in the Market Cap list. (ID)IOTA is soon to follow.
The sky seems to clear up a bit.
Congratulations to us all, I guess! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back