• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash v12.3 Release Announcement - available July 3rd

Thanks. I am now also getting "Masternode Sync Failed"

Stop your wallet and delete the dat files in your data directory (all dat files except your wallet.dat !!) and restart your wallet.
That fixed it for me.

Note : just to be clear, i'm talking about the dat files in your data directory, not any dat files inside folders inside your data directory

Edit : after you deleted your dat files and started your wallet, it may need another close and restart of your wallet as during the closing it will create those dat files you deleted again, which may help with the syncing

Last edited:
Hello,
The MN is updated!
But i got an error in the make process - luckily after finishing the dashd

Where can i report the error?
[..]
test/alert_tests.cpp: In constructor ‘ReadAlerts::ReadAlerts()’:
test/alert_tests.cpp:112:40: error: ‘raw_tests’ has not been declared
[..]

@UdjinM6 posted on discord :

Friendly reminder to all MNOs: pls make sure to upgrade remote masternode AND local wallet (or DMT) before restarting your masternode. You *must* start it from _upgraded_ wallet (or via DMT with protocol 70210) or otherwise it won't activate. There are ~400 0.12.3.1/70208 (inactive) masternodes atm, make sure your MN is not one of them.

wut?

I still have no idea what it is, why I should care, and why time was spent making this thing that wasn't mentioned anywhere ever on any roadmap type thingy...

By the OP's description, it doesn't have anything to do with testing/testnet. And even if it does, why is it on mainnet?

Re: Firing up private testnets. I've not looked into that feature yet but it sounds similar to an idea mentioned by Greg Maxwell (in 2015 iirc, I'd first seen discussed in 2014) for testing developments in a live environment, the continuation of that being able to use those features on livenet in a sandboxed environment and then full integration if that goes well. That's pure guesswork on my part so maybe I'm way off the mark but it would create a very simple path for testing and integration of community developed features.

Dash 12.3.2 Release !
Please update:
https://www.dash.org/wallets/

Recommended for everyone, mandatory for testnet

Changelog is available at:
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/blob/v0.12.3.2/doc/release-notes.md

MN’s - General Reminder !
you need to start MN from the latest DashCore Wallet (12.3) or DMT (0.9.20) to get MN Started on 12.3.2 + Ver: 70210 !!
(if your MN is on ver: 70208 - u NEED to start again !!!)
KaokRtb.jpg

iXzbKDl.png

Last edited:
If you are any of these Listed Dash MN's - you ARE on the wrong VERSION !!
you need to be on 12.3.2 - Ver: 70210 !!!
The upcoming Sporks will kick you out of payment cycle soon !

Start MN from Updated DashCore Wallet (12.3) or use DMT (0.9.20) !!
8tIQSCX.png

Hi! How do I upgrade my masternode?

* I think I already did this on my desktop.
* How do I do it for my VPS at VULTR?

Can anyone please send me a link or instructions, please? Thanks!!!
What's the deadline for this? I only found out about this like right now...

thanks buddy, I got it!

one problem though ... I accidentally jumped the gun and deleted dash-cli and dashd from .dashcore and added the new ones from 7/9/2018. *Then* I tried to stop it using the "./dash-cli stop" command.

that's when I get a message: permission denied...

What do you suggest I do now? thanks!
BB

thanks buddy, I got it!

one problem though ... I accidentally jumped the gun and deleted dash-cli and dashd from .dashcore and added the new ones from 7/9/2018. *Then* I tried to stop it using the "./dash-cli stop" command.

that's when I get a message: permission denied...

What do you suggest I do now? thanks!
BB
chmod 777 ./dashd
chmod 777 ./dash-cli

...then try again.

After updating the dash-qt wallet to v0.12.3.2, I can't restart the Masternode. Error:
"Failed to start masternode
Error: Could not allocate outpoint TX ..... for masternode xxxxx:9999"
( IP changed here to xxxx )
( TX is the Transaction hash )

Any ideas please?

Last edited:
Back