• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emma Parker

After so many incidents in 2018 (cybercrimes), I'm concern for my digital privacy and security. I came across anonymous surfing guide which is good but I'm looking for some more extra information on this topic. Can anyone help me with this>?

- use VPN
- use KeepPassXC (password manager without cloud storage)
- use separate browser app for your cryptos (example : use Safari to general browse, use Firefox for crypto online banking only)
- have burner phone for chat grouped (do not expose your real tel number )

I'm using a VPN, but I'm afraid too. Do I only need a VPN? Actually I have faced couple of bad things online few years ago and i don't want to repeat the history. so I'm trying hard to secure myself online as much as I can.

I'm using a VPN, but I'm afraid too. Do I only need a VPN? Actually I have faced couple of bad things online few years ago and i don't want to repeat the history. so I'm trying hard to secure myself online as much as I can.

When setting up a VPN, you also need to make sure your DNS lookups are not going via your ISP. This is especially true if you're running linux.

The locations and routes of your VPN should also be considered e.g. route via the countries of your "enemies", where court orders, treaties and other bilateral relations are problematic. This won't stop people tracking you but it will slow them down.

Thanks everyone, I have just bought another VPN subscription which claims that they are Anonymous VPN - After the purchase I have test IP leat test and DNS leak test. Do we have any other test to perform so I can check my VPN subscription? I have 15 days money back grantee so in case if I made a wrong decision I can get my money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back