• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Trip - Introducing Dash as a Payment Method in the Tourism Sector of Venezuela

Would you support this proposal?

• Yes

• No

• I do not know (Need more information)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hello Dash community,

I am Marco Canelon, I would like to present you my pre-proposal. Please let me know if you like it!

lbF13RX.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________

Important Link:
Pre-proposal Document: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MnSKzJL6haa2psfV71_rTm16-3vD-RfG

Main Objective:

The main focus of the proposal is to introduce Dash as a way of payment for the exotics destination in Venezuela. The first phase will be in Canaima National Park, and iconic destination in both Venezuela and the world.

Introducing Canaima:

Canaima National Park is a 30,000 km2 park in south-eastern Venezuela. It is located in Bolívar State, reaching the borders with Brazil and Guyana. Canaima National Park was named a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, as a natural reserve that has abrupt relief special and unique around the world, the tepuis. For this phase, we will visit the Western area of the Park, an area that can only be reach in small planes. Canaima is one of the most important destinations in Venezuela, as it has many beautiful Tepuis and waterfalls to visit, including the Angel Falls, the tallest waterfall in the planet. It is also culturrally important beacouse it is home for the Pemon, an indiginous group who have been working for decades in the Tourim sector. Canaima has a wide range of experiences that visitors can enjoy, from camping, to hight level lodges, it can please all taste and preffered travel experiences.

The Problem:

Nowadays, Venezuela has a valueless monetary family that brings as a consequence the use of international currency in every sector, but most specially the tourism sector in regards to exotic destionations, since and important part of the associated cost is related to transportation of people and goods, this means that every meal consummed has an intrinsec value in foreign currency (air transport fee). However, the use of foreigh currency carries many counterpart for the sector; such as: many tourism operators (lodges, hotels, rentals, freelance guides) does not have international bank accounts, and if they do, not only wires are not as inmidiate but they are also expensive. Fees can sometimes be higher than the value of the hired services. This is not only for operators, but also for employees and the Pemon community, who have seen the grtuity decrease in the past few years beacouse of the difficulties associated with the forms of payment. The essiest way to exchange in goods or services became USD in cash, nonetheless, the use of international currency in cash represents an unsafe transaction for both parts: the tourist, who has to carry a significant amount of cash in one of the most dangerous country in the world. And for the tourism operator, because it is exposed to the same security risks, and it is difficult to warranty that the notes being received are authentic.

Validation:

Travelers:
To confirm our thoughts on the issue, we created Google Forms for people who consume tourism services. As you can see, more than 50% of the people have stopped hiring tourism services due to the payment method difficulties and 43,6% are willing to pay with cryptocurrencies. Moreover, Venezuelans has been traveling around the country increasingly. 38 % of the people have traveled more than 3 times a year.

4Ebtv3C.png

Operators:
To understand the position of the tourism operator, we decided that we needed more details. That is why we contacted ROSA GARCIA, director of the biggest tourism operator in Canaima, “Canaima Tours”.

2Owt1Y5.png

This interview confirms our thoughts on the issue. Payment methods are a big problem, operators are willing to use crypto if they have some advisory and there is an important cash flow in tourism services at Canaima (According to the official data, Canaima is the 3er most popular tourist destination from Venezuela).

How is the tourism sector in Venezuela?

Due to the economic situation in Venezuela, people have started traveling around the country instead of going abroad. The reason is because traveling abroad has become unaffordable and difficult for Venezuelans. According to Mintur, an official government institution for tourism, in the last holidays of the country, Eastern, almost 12 million citizens traveled around the country. In the following chart you can see the lasts 5 years:

3Qlvmzg.png

What are we going to do?:

Objectives:

1- Meet, greet and provide advisory to main hotels and lodges, air transportation operators, indigenous crafts stores, souvenirs stores and convenience stores on the wetern area of Canaima National Park.

F9iRmrg.png

2- Explain to the general community what is DASH and why is the best way to accept payments. In order to create awareness and gain trust, we will offer free small conferences where we will teach about:
  • How to accept DASH as a payment method.
  • How to setup their DASH wallets.
  • How to buy and sell DASH with Bolivares and Dollars.
  • Tips and more
3- Open +300 wallets (for both businesses and general population)
4- Subscribe all the tourism operators who will accept Dash in DiscoverDash.com
5- Promote other iniciatives (DashHelp, DiscoverDash.com, etc.)

Visit Plan:
  1. Initial presentation: greeting the owners and staff, and make a tour on the premises.
  2. Management private meeting: in this meeting we present Dash to the management at the hotels, this includes owners (most of them live in the area) and high-level managers. Here we will accompany them on decisions about how to value their services in Dash, the opening of wallets, and instructions on how to use them.
  3. Meeting with staff: casual and friendly meeting with all the staff to explain in a very personalized manner how they can use Dash to charge for special services and to receive tips. In this gathering we also open the wallets for each staff member.
  4. Conference in the Pemon community: to be made on the community event house, this open conference is for everyone in the community interested in knowing more about Dash and how to use it. This is specially directed to freelance guides and other services providers that are located within the community.
  5. Brunch with Air Transportation Operators: a simple, yet pleasant brunch with several air transportation operators to get them on board with the use of Dash.
Go to the following link to see the calendar of activities for the first phase of Dash Trip:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dym0WE_MhNE04AboBSm_yFzzpypfrLWa/view

We will be working an entire week at Canaima.
We have already make two contacts with the following tourist operator:

1hWSmQa.jpg

Alliances:

sKxYEO7.png
HK85We8.png

Future Phases:
We will promote massive adoption of Dash in all the exotic destinations of Venezuela. This include:
  • Choroni
  • Margarita
  • Los Roques
  • Barinas
  • Amazonas
  • And more...

Budget:
kLaeBpR.jpg

Behind the Proposal:
PsTS3cF.png
Marco Canelon: Project Manager. 24 years old. He is Mechanical Engineering from Simon Bolivar University. He currently works as a national manager of 282 Engineering, a company that sells spare parts to the Venezuela industry park. He has experienced organizing trip and adventure to exotic destinations in Venezuela. Crypto mining (Dash), Crypto Invest (Ig. marcocanelon, DASH Forum/Discord: marcocanelon)

Maria Rosa Rodriguez: Logistic Manager, 24 years old. She is business administrator and accountant from the Universidad Católica Andres Bello, Guayana. She is also an airplane pilot and is currently doing a masters degree on finance at IESA, she has always work with tourims, taking on different strategic roles on both air transportation companies and hotels.

Gianpaolo Comparetto: Advisor. 25 years old, mechanical engineer from Universidad Simon Bolivar in Caracas, Venezuela. He is in charge of the management of Dash in Cripto Latin Fest (Bogota, Colombia). Experience on project management, Quality Assistant Engineer, Crypto investments, mining. (Ig: G.comparetto. DASH Forum/Discord: G.Comparetto).

Contact information:
[email protected]

Thank you very much for reading our pre-proposal!!!

If you wish to help us, you can donate here, we deeply apreciate it. :)
DASH Address: Xpv9EUcXkSo7euUWn2zDtpeFskUgBhFn7r

Last edited:
I know Marco personally and I trust his work. It's a great opportunity to see Dash in important tourist destinations where the other cryptocurrencies have not arrived. You have my support in whatever you need, brother. Greetings.

I know Marco personally and I trust his work. It's a great opportunity to see Dash in important tourist destinations where the other cryptocurrencies have not arrived. You have my support in whatever you need, brother. Greetings.

Hey Carlos,

Thank you very much for your support. As you said, it is a great opportunity for both, the tourism sector and Dash.

Best regards

Very interesting this proposal. I think the Camanima National Park has a giant tourist potential for local people and foreigners.

I could suggest that you incorporate the big travel wholesalers in your talks because in the end they can be the ones who can attract more tourists in their offers. Airlines and lodges are key players but they alone could not attract and promote tourists with enough force.

I can even think that it would be a very interesting challenge for you who are going to travel to Canaima, to make all the payments only in DASH, that would show the community that they are not just going to make a talk but they are going to show that if you can do tourism paid with DASH.

Whish you success in Dash Trip proposal!

Very interesting this proposal. I think the Camanima National Park has a giant tourist potential for local people and foreigners.

I could suggest that you incorporate the big travel wholesalers in your talks because in the end they can be the ones who can attract more tourists in their offers. Airlines and lodges are key players but they alone could not attract and promote tourists with enough force.

I can even think that it would be a very interesting challenge for you who are going to travel to Canaima, to make all the payments only in DASH, that would show the community that they are not just going to make a talk but they are going to show that if you can do tourism paid with DASH.

Whish you success in Dash Trip proposal!

Hi jeccs,

Thank you for your recommedations.
I totally agree with you and we have already made some contact with some of the biggest wholesalers in Venezuela. Yet, the plan is to first have a representative portfolio of the tourism operators that accept Dash as way of payment. This way the wholesaler will be incentive to incorporate Dash; we want results to speak for themselves. We believe that operators will have a multiplying effect on both wholesalers and travel agencies, witch we will later guarranty with private meetings at the main offices (most of them in Caracas).

About paying in Dash: Absolutely!

Thank you for your support, do let us know if anything else comes to mind.

Best regard
Marco Canelon

Very interesting proposal. It would be good to contact other tourism ventures that already accept Dash, to chare experiences, as well as travel agents who have been incorporated into this payment system and can contribute to the increase of tourists in the area, like petoi travel.

Best of success!

Very interesting proposal. It would be good to contact other tourism ventures that already accept Dash, to chare experiences, as well as travel agents who have been incorporated into this payment system and can contribute to the increase of tourists in the area, like petoi travel.

Best of success!

Hi AlbertOrtega,

We have already contact some of them. Next one, for sure will be Petoi Travel.

Best regard
Marco Canelon

This seems like an extension of some of the other merchant adoption proposals we've already funded, which seem to be successful, only focused on a particular industry. The more targeted your focus the better. As long as you can set very clear goals, milestones, and maintain meticulous records so the DAO can hold you accountable, I think this could be a very successful proposal.

This seems like an extension of some of the other merchant adoption proposals we've already funded, which seem to be successful, only focused on a particular industry. The more targeted your focus the better. As long as you can set very clear goals, milestones, and maintain meticulous records so the DAO can hold you accountable, I think this could be a very successful proposal.

Hi Arthyron,

You are right, It is Dash Merchant Venezuela. In this moment we are in conversation to develop an alliance.

As you said our main focus will be to set very clear goals, milestones, and maintain meticulous records in order to show rapid results to the Dash Community.

Best regard
Marco Canelon

Hello, I am working with this team as an advisor. I’m really excited with this proposal. You guys are really attacking a problem that Venezuela it’s suffering right now. It is known for everyone that Venezuela has an incredible potential in the tourism sector and with this proposal you will help the massive adoption of Dash. I believe that the best way to solve this problem is adopting Dash. I will be glad to promote your proposal in the Cripto Latin Fest (Bogota, Colombia) with all the others successful initiatives.

Good luck my friends!

Hello, I am working with this team as an advisor. I’m really excited with this proposal. You guys are really attacking a problem that Venezuela it’s suffering right now. It is known for everyone that Venezuela has an incredible potential in the tourism sector and with this proposal you will help the massive adoption of Dash. I believe that the best way to solve this problem is adopting Dash. I will be glad to promote your proposal in the Cripto Latin Fest (Bogota, Colombia) with all the others successful initiatives.

Good luck my friends!
Hey Gianpaolo,

Thank you very much for the support that you are given to us. We are also really thankful that you are going to promote Dash Trip in the Cripto Latin Fest. I will be there. See you soon

Do let us know if anything else comes to mind.

Best regard
Marco Canelon

hey marco, greetings to you and the team.

i have a few questions:
1) im not clear on what the delivery for the community would be, what are your metrics in order to say you accomplish or not your goal?
2) plz correct me if wrong but your asking money to travel there and talk to people about dash? is that it?
3) are there any actives Dash communities in canaima or any other destination your planing to go?
4) how well do you know dash (given the fact that you are knew) is there any possibilities to see the information you would be presenting to people over canaima?

hope all my question help you upgrade your proposal and make it stronger to ensure winnings for the community.

best of luck

Excellent initiative! Focused in one of the most important sectors of the country. Without a doubt a great way to continue expanding DASH throughout Venezuela!

Many Success boys!

Greetings from Trujillo.

hey marco, greetings to you and the team.

i have a few questions:
1) im not clear on what the delivery for the community would be, what are your metrics in order to say you accomplish or not your goal?
2) plz correct me if wrong but your asking money to travel there and talk to people about dash? is that it?
3) are there any actives Dash communities in canaima or any other destination your planing to go?
4) how well do you know dash (given the fact that you are knew) is there any possibilities to see the information you would be presenting to people over canaima?

hope all my question help you upgrade your proposal and make it stronger to ensure winnings for the community.

best of luck
Hey Pedro,

1) The main goal as all others proposals in Venezuela is "The Massive Adoption of Dash as a Payment Methods". In this proposal the target is directly to Tourism Sector, specially exotic destination. We are going to suscribe all the new member (Hotels and lodges, air transportation operators, indigenous crafts stores, souvenirs store and freelance guide) in Discover-Dash.com. Our goal is to open +300 wallets (for both businesses and general population).

2) We are asking a budget to develop a new community of Dash in Venezuela. In this case, it is tourism sector of Venezuela. Go to the following link to see the calendar of the activities for the first stage of Dash Trip:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dym0WE_MhNE04AboBSm_yFzzpypfrLWa/view

3) In Canaima does not exist any community yet. However, in others community such as Los Roques, there is a small community to whom we are going to contact for the next Stage.

4) I am new member in the forum as you said; However, I have been using and learning about Dash since one year ago. I have been mining Dash and I have worked in different proposal as a collaborator to understand how does it work. Moreover, next wednesday I am traveling to Colombia Bogota to the Cripto-Latin Fest where Dash has a stand and I will work as collaborator in the festival. On the other hand, talking about the content that we will show, yet it is not ready. But we are working with successful project such as DashYouth and Dash in the Cripto-Latin Fest to create a useful, easy-reading, easy-understanding content to present to the community.

Best regard
Marco Canelon

Back