• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Project Constellation: A Consumer-Focused Dash Explainer Video

ezKZHGAsuEitZon4sVb-jJFVngu_YVBVpmXuK7X2YqAvx208WtPONcEkOOm5mBsXmpzvv71XBtJuX2TVf7xntrCGJr_TcOJ6WusfeYNJ3gjmcnD_z_XTMwsj7665_qyfF13Gec7P

Project Constellation: A consumer-focused Dash Explainer Video

This proposal is for a new explainer video aimed at consumers.​

Why this proposal?
We believe there is a need for a new explainer video.

Why do we need another?
The existing video is packed with technical language, and is probably difficult to understand for most people. According to this study, only a third of people can complete computer tasks of moderate complexity: https://www.nngroup.com/articles/computer-skill-levels/

If Dash is going to go mainstream, we believe there is an urgent need for a video that:

1.) Concisely and accurately explains what Dash is.
2.) Has limited to no technical language.
3.) Makes an emotional appeal, with a strong call to action.
4.)Appeals to both men and women. Since 90% of people interested in cryptocurrencies today are men (based on our own YouTube analytics), but women make many important financial decisions at home, it is crucial to target women too. The cryptocurrency that wins over women, will rule the world.
5.) Is easy to translate into different languages, and is culture and race neutral.​

dkzzT9ltSX2T3CuWs_76YO2eLBl2msddZWzbaueOwGrhoKakQtbdU6VFef45PqiqAUf0jTurCa9LXvlVJnW6DzncFZms3IKgYb8xo4oPQ8r033kMMUIErKsWOMr6_pxvi7l23YjG

Treatment Document:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xkSKJPgZnSbj9duHb20zpsslib_Ve7_9

Budget Breakdown:

VCBBqLsT-o6VRJfdplyzdMAeK7ptOmKpTPFK77J6ZlBMcjepGS_yAIB6V6ZOjQBwekfLVbnF82OdjgTSAQ8tTZnB3I8UZWa4ED1gf3gs874VP-GCLtICKlMec9KOXYQAPiewJBfN

Proposal Details:

We believe that Dash has the best technology to capture the cryptocurrency payment market. The problem is that Dash does not yet have the brand recognition and network effect that competing currencies have.

The solution is consumer targeted advertising.

f7gk2D8nCIk6vVRMxKMRk0GbBu9wY1wWcXBIm_K_7z3R1y2kxwurXnpivUEwokBtnS8vAHQCqr6gZDBhGiYSfMSP0l1uPAOv5VO50BtQu4PmI4Pl79Sz0M1uRqeppoHnuqN409WN

With the help of the DAO, we were able to produce a live action + VFX TV commercial titled “Border-Free Love”, which we are very pleased with, and hope to see flourish into a flagship piece of media for the new Dash brand.

What we propose today comes from a place of continued refinement and focus in our existing media production strategy.

We propose the production of a new explainer video, which focuses on the end user experience first, and distances itself from the hyped-up “get-rich-quick” hooks of other crypto/ICO marketing campaigns currently on the Internet.

This video will explain what Dash is, and why it is superior to other payment systems. It will reference our previous ad, Border Free love, with regards to the use of visual metaphors. It will be exactly 90 seconds long, and will be designed to work alongside the “What is Dash?” explainer video, while being able to occupy the exact same time slots.

This will add to the growing catalogue of Dash advertising material, giving DAO-affiliated content distributors even more choices of what they want to put in front of their intended audiences.

xoCq3t6qnyoCGZUNUC8GWQT_gaFYZssUNzPzcvilD3WgC7ebDg8mJPfINhkP9x_ox5mXfYLgvuBlMtcVYr4VW4xvUnL5cUV2mOzNvmK8r4m2eUpELxuBQqe7Bv7DiTCMMKz3ga88

About Eralith Studios

We started Eraltith Studios about a year ago in order to produce quality advertisements for the Dash DAO. We have successfully completed two projects. Those two adverts have had more than 1.7 million views in total. They are on our YouTube channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxzPzKcgCCi8JY8dHfaA7Xw/videos

We have recently finished production on our third and most ambitious proposal, Borderfree Love. Watch it here:

(Note that this edit does not have the final voice over and text overlays yet. We will start distributing Border-free Love as soon as the first Evolution wallet is available to the public.)

You will notice that our work shows a very sharp upward curve in production quality: This is the direct result of the DAO entrusting us with more funds.

Eralith Studios will be writing, producing, and directing this explainer commercial. We aim to keep the direction of this explainer congruent to the new Dash corporate identity, as well as our previous commercial, Border Free Love. Eralith Studios has partnered with two of the leading content creators in Cape Town, to bring this concept to life.

The Video Theme: Dash is financial freedom

Visual Touchpoints

1.) In our visual communication of the concept of blockchain, we morph the hard edges and rigid lines of physical computer circuits into an image of a star constellation that connects users. The message is that Dash transcends mere technology to become a symbol of common direction, purpose, and hope. We aspire to the stars - and Dash helps us to reach them. This transformation happens when we transition from the purely informational part of the video, to the emotional hooks.

2.) We show ordinary people doing ordinary transactions, in a compelling artistic style.

3.) The Dash Bird signifies freedom: The freedom to transcend traditional borders of institutionalised financial thinking, old financial constraints, and even physical international borders.​

Production partnerships

1.) Blink Tower

We are contracting Blink Tower for script and storyboard consultation. They have eight years of experience in the production of infographics, and have have extensive research on what works and what does not for infographics about financial products.
Their demo reel is here:

2.) Tulips and Chimneys

Tulips and Chimneys are known for their unique creativity and individualistic art style. As most of today’s explainer videos seem to be cookie cutter productions with the same old style and overall feel, we decided to contract a company that can truly break new artistic ground in the field. It is important that the video’s style supports the information in the script, but it must also provide the strong emotional hooks that are necessary for client conversion. We also want this explainer to speak to both men and women. We believe that Tulips and Chimneys have the unique capability to do just that.
Their work can be viewed here:
http://www.tulipsandchimneys.tv/projects/film-television/

Localization

We have decided to focus solely on an English version for the initial production of this explainer. We will make future proposals for localization based on demand.

Distribution

We have decided not to budget for distribution during this cycle. The video will be freely available for other DAO contractors to distribute as they wish. Moving forward, Eralith Studios will make separate proposals for distribution.

Production Milestones:

June 3-21: Write and finalize script over the course of several collaborative meetings. Record Voiceover.

June 21 - August 21: Produce explainer animation. Mix and master audio.

August 31: Deliver 90-Second Explainer to DAO for distribution.

Thank you for your time and consideration. We are very proud of the work this community does and will continue to strive for quality in all our projects.
-Pieter and Thomas

Last edited:
Excellent work by you all at Eralith as usual.
You have proven to be faithful in all you have done in the past so you will continue to have my strong support.
Top rate work on "border free" BTW!!!

A general note:
Luckily, we have decentralised diverse nations on this planet rather than one "same same" globalised nation. This means companies can move to another country to another if need be to operate under a different legal structure.
Racial groups can flourish in their own regions such as the Japanese or Liberia where citizenship is generally only available to Africans. These nations are especially diverse on this planet. This said, they can hopefully flourish via trade and remittance with the help of an internet bound payment system such as Dash.

Women generally are not early adopters of technology. Adoption of the internet was a prime example. Expect the same for Dash.
I would never expect women to make up the majority percentage of people interested in developing an early technology that is not 'physical human to human' facing.
When it came to the internet, the big draw cards for women generally were surely established social media platforms and consumer based sites.
It is great that men mainly have taken it upon themselves to develop technologies everyone has always been open to contributing to. Women will surely adopt once the technology gets to a functional level.
I work as a male registered nurse in a female dominated career. I don't get frustrated at women for taking up nursing in droves rather than blockchain development. I understand that babies even at the age of 2 days have been demonstrated to show different reactions to visuals as per their sex.
Even within my own family and friends, I clearly see the differing values between men and women to cryptocurrencies alone.

I was in support of the new T&C Dash logo in part because it has a more 'feminine' characteristic to it.So......
This said, I remain in support of the project here. Good luck.

A general note:
Luckily, we have decentralised diverse nations on this planet rather than one "same same" globalised nation. This means companies can move to another country to another if need be to operate under a different legal structure.
Racial groups can flourish in their own regions such as the Japanese or Liberia where citizenship is generally only available to Africans. These nations are especially diverse on this planet. This said, they can hopefully flourish via trade and remittance with the help of an internet bound payment system such as Dash.

Women generally are not early adopters of technology. Adoption of the internet was a prime example. Expect the same for Dash.
I would never expect women to make up the majority percentage of people interested in developing an early technology that is not 'physical human to human' facing.
When it came to the internet, the big draw cards for women generally were surely established social media platforms and consumer based sites.
It is great that men mainly have taken it upon themselves to develop technologies everyone has always been open to contributing to. Women will surely adopt once the technology gets to a functional level.
I work as a male registered nurse in a female dominated career. I don't get frustrated at women for taking up nursing in droves rather than blockchain development. I understand that babies even at the age of 2 days have been demonstrated to show different reactions to visuals as per their sex.
Even within my own family and friends, I clearly see the differing values between men and women to cryptocurrencies alone.

I was in support of the new T&C Dash logo in part because it has a more 'feminine' characteristic to it.So......
This said, I remain in support of the project here. Good luck.

Thanks for the support!

Our belief that we have to target both genders equally stems from our own youtube analytics. (90% male)

Yes, totally gets my vote.

Your ideas are very much inline with my own. The new dash "logo" is not a logo at all, it's just a wordmark. But you have given us the Dash Bird and this could easily be adopted as our mascot and added to the "logo". In fact, actually, that's exactly what I'd like to see. After all, the fastest animals on earth are birds, thus representing dash's Instant Send. If you could also give us some vector artwork of the bird alongside the dash wordmark, that would be great.

I also completely agree with the idea of appealing to both sexes. That's exactly what Nintendo did, they made gaming family friendly, universal appeal. I very much disagree with the idea that women play little or no role in crypto. I know first hand, in some markets, the remittance is predominately female overseas workers. Or that crypto has empowered women to work from home, whether it's sex work or otherwise. It's just that forums like this are not conducive for female participation. And it really doesn't help that some long standing members here, such as mastermined, belittle female participation as "mermaids". But I digress.

Yes, totally gets my vote.

Your ideas are very much inline with my own. The new dash "logo" is not a logo at all, it's just a wordmark. But you have given us the Dash Bird and this could easily be adopted as our mascot and added to the "logo". In fact, actually, that's exactly what I'd like to see. After all, the fastest animals on earth are birds, thus representing dash's Instant Send. If you could also give us some vector artwork of the bird alongside the dash wordmark, that would be great.

I also completely agree with the idea of appealing to both sexes. That's exactly what Nintendo did, they made gaming family friendly, universal appeal. I very much disagree with the idea that women play little or no role in crypto. I know first hand, in some markets, the remittance is predominately female overseas workers. Or that crypto has empowered women to work from home, whether it's sex work or otherwise. It's just that forums like this are not conducive for female participation. And it really doesn't help that some long standing members here, such as mastermined, belittle female participation as "mermaids". But I digress.

I think we are on the same page!

Thanks for your input.

Excellent work by you all at Eralith as usual.
You have proven to be faithful in all you have done in the past so you will continue to have my strong support.
Top rate work on "border free" BTW!!!

Thanks... It means a lot to us!

You've clearly demonstrated your ability to create polished, eye-catching content on a number of occasions, and that's exactly what Dash needs, particularly with your intent toward a more inclusive presentation. We want Dash to appeal to everyone, and I believe your creations accomplish that. This sort of content doesn't come cheaply, but your requests aren't exorbitant for what you're providing. Just make sure to listen very carefully to the voice of the community regarding the tailoring of your message and presentation. We've not seen a lot of success from funding advertisement based proposals in the past, but the kind of work you do is not time-dependent. As long as the message is consistent with the values we're trying to focus on and push in our current and future campaigns, I see no reason why you shouldn't be funded.

You've clearly demonstrated your ability to create polished, eye-catching content on a number of occasions, and that's exactly what Dash needs, particularly with your intent toward a more inclusive presentation. We want Dash to appeal to everyone, and I believe your creations accomplish that. This sort of content doesn't come cheaply, but your requests aren't exorbitant for what you're providing. Just make sure to listen very carefully to the voice of the community regarding the tailoring of your message and presentation. We've not seen a lot of success from funding advertisement based proposals in the past, but the kind of work you do is not time-dependent. As long as the message is consistent with the values we're trying to focus on and push in our current and future campaigns, I see no reason why you shouldn't be funded.

Thanks, we appreciate the support :)

Thank you Arthyron! We really do put a lot of thought and energy into consolidating the core values of Dash with the desires of consumers. Hopefully, this will yield a piece of timeless media for Dash!

Back