• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

pre-proposal DashBus Venezuela..Transporting to the future

Would you vote for this proposal?

• Total voters
The problem i saw here, its than the home work not yet done. paying for a market study, im not hot on this.
When you finish the study phase, come back to tel us how it cost/win, then we can think of it.
Category : study (not adoption at this stage)

Greetings from Caracas.

I like the idea of implementing Dash as a payment method in the public transportation system. Right now and since many years ago, public transportation has been suffering great problems regarding payments, as you said, starting from the unavailability of cash, to insecurity (robberies). In this sense and taking into account that the insecurity problem in Venezuela is a huge thing, what do you think about the fact that people must use their mobiles/cellphones when entering to the bus to pay with Dash? I think there's a risk because particularly, I don't use my cellphone in any street of the country, only in "closed" spaces like malls, for example, because I could be robbed. It's a very particular and specific thing but it's the reality we are living in Venezuela.

In other sense, do you have any structured plan to organize the content for the conferences and the education process of the communities and the drivers?

Have you already established conversations with the transportation labor unions (sindicatos)? These groups are very closed and oftenly they take the decisions of the drivers groups of every community together.

Congratulations for your preproposal and your great idea. Hope you can improve it with suggestions or opinions from the Dash community.

You can have our support from the Dash Youth Venezuela team for any advice or support with the educational plan.

Best regards!

Showny.
Hello Showny, best regards. Sorry for the lateness of the answer.
I start with the simplest,

- Regarding content, methodology and pedagogical tools, yes, we have a structured plan, particularized to the sector in question, focusing on the advantages for drivers and users. We will detail the entere plan in the proposal.

- Regarding the links with the sector, we have a work plan and we are advancing conversations and invitations to drivers to closed meetings, to directly expose the project and its benefits. This is the first stage of the project, achieve this link and acceptance by the drivers' unions.

- Certainly, insecurity is a important topic to consider. However, the risk of being a victim of theft is present whether or not the method of payment with Dash is adopted, given that people carry their cellphones with them, and usually use them in the units while going from one city to another. Not for this we stop taking it into account. For this purpose, the use of paper wallets is also proposed, as well as a ticket acquisition system through the Dash Bus website, the same to be canceled with Dash, for those who do not have mobile devices, smartphones, do not want to use the same in public areas, or contingency plans in the absence of service that affect the connection at the bus terminal.

Thanks for the support, comments and suggestions, will be taken into account to improve the proposal. I hope we can coordinate mutual support to achieve even greater goals. Again grateful. Have a nice day.

Albert

Hey, I believe is a great idea due the problems in Venezuela with cash. But I agree with @JOL you have a lot of problems with infrastructure. I believe those problems are sortable. I recommend you to do a market analysis first a survey to Bus owners or Bus Unions as @Showny M. Azar Raheb said they are really closed. Best of lucks my friend, If we work together we can build the first Dash Nation.

Awesome Idea! I like that you guys are starting relatively small so we can have some data to use for expanding the program. Excited for the full proposal.

Have you found any public transport providers who are willing to integrate right out of the gate? How will the bus drivers be accepting Dash? Will there be a terminal on the bus, will people pay before boarding? Could you give some more details on the logistics?
Thanks for the support of the idea.

The bus drivers are open to Dash acceptance, once they are well informed about cryptocurrencies and the particularities of Dash, which is the main object of our proposal.

There are several scenarios for the payment, with several coexisting tools, mainly it has:
- Devices of the users. The users can use their cell phones, and the transport unit will have its corresponding QR code in a visible and accessible place.
- Drivers own devices, to make the exchange with the user, either from cell phone to cell phone or paper to cell phone.
- Paper wallets, for those who don't have mobile devices, or don't want to use them.
- Sale of tickets through the Dash Bus website, which will be canceled with Dash and then exchanged by drivers through the same portal.
- We are also working on a system where the user who wants it, does not need to generate paper wallets, but through the Dash Bus website indicate the number of bus tickets desired, transfer the amount of Dash required and codes are created equivalent to the number of tickets requested, with the security such that they can not be altered or duplicated, so that when desired, required, or in cases of contingency, neither the user nor the driver requires mobile devices, with the confidence that said code contains the amount of Dash equivalent to the cost of the ticket and may be subsequently swept.

There is a bus terminal, where users cancel before boarding the transport unit, both to go to the city of Caracas and to return. More details will be added to the proposal document.

Thank you again for the interest in our proposal.

Hello guys, interesting proposal! I like that you guys want to approach to one specific target. We are running a merchant adoption program (Dash Merchant Venezuela) right now in Caracas and I think we can help each other to have better results. Besides, we are running Dash Help Venezuela (support center/call center), so we can help you guys with that too.

Feel free to contact me either in the PM of the forum or my email [email protected].

Saludos pana!
AlejandroE
Hi Alejandro

Thanks for the support. I also hope we can work together. Success for you with the Dash Merchant project, and well done with the Dash Help initiative.
We'll be in touch. Fuerte Abrazo!

The problem i saw here, its than the home work not yet done. paying for a market study, im not hot on this.
When you finish the study phase, come back to tel us how it cost/win, then we can think of it.
Category : study (not adoption at this stage)
Perhaps the terms used or the way of exposing the previous idea lent itself to be misunderstood. The project is not treated or is based on an experimentation or study phase. Already the preliminary data were collected in user surveys and individual conversations with a number of drivers, who, as indicated in the presentation, were willing to accept this payment method once they are well informed and provided with the necessary tools. The next step, meetings with the drivers unions, is already being advanced, according to the programmed in the proposed agenda.

The drivers recognize in Dash an alternative to the difficulties they are going through, which beyond resolving is expected to worsen in the coming weeks. Monetary reconversion is coming, and with it more shortage of cash, adding the confusion between the validity of the current monetary cone and the new one, which causes the first not to be accepted by the majority of sellers and service providers. Inflation is intensifying, and there is no means to protect the income, since bus fare increases are not authorized and the acquisition of foreign currency is harder, among other problems affecting the sector.

We know the risks that we face, and we have developed strategies to overcome the different scenarios. Certainly, it is a hard sector, but the feasibility is already determined, and we have the capacity, the tools and all the disposition to achieve the objective, we just need the support of the Dash community. Once the objective has been reached, the opening to the use of Dash will be of considerable dimensions, and its acceptance increase considerably, since, what more everyday thing to take a bus?.

We are stay tuned for more comments and suggestions. Best regards.

Hey, I believe is a great idea due the problems in Venezuela with cash. But I agree with @JOL you have a lot of problems with infrastructure. I believe those problems are sortable. I recommend you to do a market analysis first a survey to Bus owners or Bus Unions as @Showny M. Azar Raheb said they are really closed. Best of lucks my friend, If we work together we can build the first Dash Nation.
Hi Tomas,

Already the preliminary data were collected in user surveys and individual conversations with a number of drivers, who are willing to accept cryptocurrencies like payment method once they are well informed and provided with the necessary tools. We are now in the stage of coordinating meetings with the drivers unions, as scheduled in the proposed agenda.

We know the risks that we face, and we have the capacity, the tools and the willingness to achieve the objective. Drivers, like merchants, recognize in Dash an alternative to the difficulties they are going through, which beyond solving is expected to worsen in the coming weeks. Certainly, it is a tough sector, which is why the support of the Dash community is required to carry out this idea.
We know that, once this original goal is achieved, the acceptance of Dash will grow enormously, and will increasingly be seen as a resource of real use in cotidianity, because, what more every day thing than taking a bus?

Thanks for the comment. I quote you, "If we work together we can build the first Dash Nation".

Dear @AlbertOrtega,
I just re-read your pdf document and answers to me and to mane3
I have some others questions.
The training of the drivers are the meetings (meet 1) the weekends on the calandar ?
and conferences (1 conference) are users trainning the weekends on the calandar ?
How long are meetings and conferences ?
How many people will you have per meeting, conference and place (expected) ?
Do you think that coming out of the "meet" drivers will know how to use the equipment (hardware/software) in a professional way ?
Do you plan to collect the data at the time and place of the installation ?
As for example the wallet of each transport in order to analyze the number of transactions per day and sector by type of vehicle.

Have you made contact with Dash Venezuela as well as with the help desk?

Regards,

Hi @AlbertOrtega

I think that you have an excellent idea to implement Dash in the payment of public transport. without embarking I agree with @Showny M. Azar Raheb regarding what has to do with the security issue!

I recommend that you investigate how the Citywallet works and you could implement that technology to pay with Dash in public transport! in this way people would not have to take out their phone and run the risk of being robbed.

Any help you need, my team and I are in order!

I hope you succeed with this proposal! Your idea is excellent
regards

Dear @AlbertOrtega,
I just re-read your pdf document and answers to me and to mane3
I have some others questions.
The training of the drivers are the meetings (meet 1) the weekends on the calandar ?
and conferences (1 conference) are users trainning the weekends on the calandar ?
How long are meetings and conferences ?
How many people will you have per meeting, conference and place (expected) ?
Do you think that coming out of the "meet" drivers will know how to use the equipment (hardware/software) in a professional way ?
Do you plan to collect the data at the time and place of the installation ?
As for example the wallet of each transport in order to analyze the number of transactions per day and sector by type of vehicle.

Have you made contact with Dash Venezuela as well as with the help desk?

Regards,
Hi @JOL, best regards.

- The dates indicated as meet 1 (Los Teques and San Antonio) are the first meetings with the drivers' unions, and where it is indicated meet 2 is a second meeting with the drivers, to reinforce the topic, clarify doubts that they have thought about the days after the first meeting, and also for those who could not attend at the first opportunity.

- The weekends indicated as conference, are the lectures and talks with the users, once already agreed with the drivers the acceptance of Dash and the payment procedures.

- The talks and lectures are planned for a time between an hour and a half and two hours, of course, extended according to the dynamics of each group.

- For meetings with unions, around 70 people are expected for each route (Los Teques and San Antonio), between drivers and "colectores", co-pilots who are directly responsible for collecting the bus fare.

- For the conferences with the users an escalation is expected, the first about 200 people, the second 400 people, and for the third about 500. This being conservative, since by experience of other events (Dash Caracas for example) has been reached participation of a much bigger number.

- For the correct handling of the information, proper use of the devices and definition of procedures have been raised 2 meetings with the drivers of each route, and will be an accompaniment and follow-up to them, attentive to any questions or eventuality that may arise. Likewise, we will have feedback through the Dash Bus website, where users will be able to qualify the units and report any incident, so that corrective actions are taken.

- The data of drivers, units and public addresses will be constantly updated and monitored, as well as, as mentioned, a direct feedback with users and drivers through the Dash Bus website.

- Along with its publication, this preproposal was sent to communities such as Dash caracas, Dash Los Teques and Dash San Antonio. We are coordinating with them to integrate the project to these communities and entrepreneurships, hoping a mutual collaboration in favor of the growth of Dash In Venezuela.

Have a nice day.

Hi @AlbertOrtega

I think that you have an excellent idea to implement Dash in the payment of public transport. without embarking I agree with @Showny M. Azar Raheb regarding what has to do with the security issue!

I recommend that you investigate how the Citywallet works and you could implement that technology to pay with Dash in public transport! in this way people would not have to take out their phone and run the risk of being robbed.

Any help you need, my team and I are in order!

I hope you succeed with this proposal! Your idea is excellent
regards
Hi Ronald, regards

Thanks for the support and recommendation, we'll take it into account. The issue of security is an algid point

Thanks again

Hi AlbertOrtega,

I think it is a great solution for the cash problem we are suffering in Venezuela. However, The security and infrastructure available would be challenges to solve

Best Regards
Marco Canelon

Hi AlbertOrtega,

I think it is a great solution for the cash problem we are suffering in Venezuela. However, The security and infrastructure available would be challenges to solve

Best Regards
Marco Canelon
Hi Marco,

It is a big challenge, we are working and developing strategies to have timely solutions to the proposed scenarios. Once the obstacles are overcome, the benefits will be equally great.
Thanks for the support.

Regards

This seems like an ideal use case and a very beneficial integration not only for the other efforts going on in Venezuela but also Dash as a whole. Once you have some more specific numbers and market research data to share with us, we'll have a better idea of suggestions to offer moving forward, but I very much like what you're intending to do and looking forward to seeing this project develop.

This seems like an ideal use case and a very beneficial integration not only for the other efforts going on in Venezuela but also Dash as a whole. Once you have some more specific numbers and market research data to share with us, we'll have a better idea of suggestions to offer moving forward, but I very much like what you're intending to do and looking forward to seeing this project develop.
Thanks for the interest. The project has been progressing, and soon we will be sharing more information with the community. We are attentive to suggestions and comments to improve the proposal.

Grateful for the support.

Back