• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core Group Q1 2018 Summary Call - 4 May 2018

Dash Core Group has had 60+ developers and millions of dollars in budget for more than 2 years now. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the development team has released any significant product or update during this time. Mobile wallets still suck, protocol is still the same (minor changes), Core wallet is exactly the same as it was 2 years ago. In my opinion, the rate on which Dash Core Group delivers is not acceptable, but at least we can all agree that it can be significantly improved. We are also in a very competitive industry where evolution might come too late, because timing is critical.

Question to Ryan Taylor:
- Given that you have about 20x more resources at your disposal than you're currently asking for, what can Dash Core Group do right now to drastically improve the rate of deliverables?

In my opinion frequent updates have to come in parallel to other big projects. Mobile wallets cannot suck for 2 years while evolution is being worked on.

Edit: removed a sentence.

Well... this is your subjective opinion. It is difficult to discuss with opinions (and I am not going to). I have different opinion - during last two years, we have developed many new features and improvements, mobile wallets are great to me and next steps are clear. I can see many things to improve, however delivery was quite good so far (in my opinion).
Having 20x more resources would not improve too much as we need to have structure and delivery framework that would work on this scale. And we don't. Scaling a company is much more difficult than just providing 20x more money.

Everyone wants to know but no one is asking, so I'll do it. To Ryan Taylor: Would you consider getting rid of Dash's privacy feature if exchanges, policy makers and politicians start to cause issues with "privacy coins"? Everyone knows you can't act on it by yourself but people want to know your thoughts, your personal opinion on the matter.

This isn't "my" question and if I only get to ask one or two I'd chose https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...18-summary-call-4-may-2018.37451/#post-184977 and https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...18-summary-call-4-may-2018.37451/#post-184994.

Question noted - I would suggest to not use statements like "everyone knows", "everyone wants" - please speak for yourself. Thank you

What is the status of DAO legal entity ? No details on this topic have been published since few months. Suppose I want to create proposal and sign legal contract with DAO: how it should look like, what rights and responsibilities will I have ? What legal actions will take place against me (my company) if I don't deliver the product ?

[email protected]

пожертвования: XfP3MceobgB45rSiY2aW3vAKDTzzoD4qX6

Здравствуйте!

Я организую автогонку Владивосток (Россия) - Москва (Россия), посвященную Кубку мира ФИФА-2018, который пройдет в 10 городах России. Футбольные болельщики Владивостока, Хабаровска, Иркутска, Красноярска, Новосибирска, Омска, Челябинска, Казани, Нижнего Новгорода и Москвы отправят приветствие в оргкомитет Чемпионата мира по футболу 2018 года. Начало запланировано на начало мая 2018 года. для покрытия авто гонки в средствах массовой информации.

Я предлагаю вам организовать финансовую поддержку моего мероприятия.

DASH и футбол - это одно!

С уважением Алекс Фэйд.

[email protected]

пожертвования: XfP3MceobgB45rSiY2aW3vAKDTzzoD4qX6

Привет!

Я организую aвтопробег Владивосток (Россия) - Москва (Россия), посвящённый чемпионату мира по футболу FIFA 2018, который пройдет через 10 городов России. Футбольные болельщики Владивостока, Хабаровска, Иркутска, Красноярска, Новосибирска, Омска, Челябинска, Казани, Нижнего Новгорода и Москвы направят в оргкомитет чемпионата мира по футболу FIFA 2018 свои приветствия. Старт намечен на начало мая 2018 года. Автопробег планируется освещать в новостных СМИ.

Я предлагаю Вам организовать свое мероприятию финансовую поддержку. В свою очередь, на предстоящих встречах с футбольными болельщиками, я планирую проводить активную и пассивную рекламу DASH сообщества. С бюджетным финансированием моих мероприятий не укладываюсь в сроки. Осуществление идеи задуманного возможно с помощью вашей финансовой поддержки.

DASH и футбол едины!

С уважением Алекс Фэйд.

Attachments

• Яндекс.Карты — подробная карта России и мира.pdf
    389.7 KB · Views: 134
I think much of the video content covers your questions but yes, we are planning to answer all remaining questions online

A video is not an answer. Because you cannot reply to a video in equal terms, unless you reply with a video.
The video has always advantages in terms of publicity when compared to text, and this is against isegoria.
So please, give written answers and always allow additional questions below your answers.

No need to worry. They haven't yet answered my question regarding usernames, but it's okay because they have plenty of opportunity and avenues to do so. Eventually they will disclose their path and at that point my game plan will be clear. If they implement a one-dimensional name space and the pricing model is their only differentiator, then it will be a clear indicator to further diversify into other projects. OTOH, if they do choose to innovate with a DNS replacement, I will be very bullish. We shall see, but the point is, they don't have to answer every question in one video. Ultimately, we shall judge them on what they do, not what they say.

It seems we are expanding not focusing.

If the CMO does not identify who are our users, who are our customers, where are they from, etc.. How Team can serve them? How the community focus our efforts and resources?
I agree - my company (Channel Factory) has posted a proposal in the pre-budget forum regarding influencer and paid media advertising which will help you guys learn more about interested audiences globally and remarket to them.

Yes. Alex was going to work on them at the end of the month

Back