• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre Proposal - Open and use 300 (approx.) new Dash wallets through Event in Brisbane Australia

Would you support this proposal

• Yes

• No (please give us feedback as to why not)

• Maybe (please let us know what other information we could provide)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Arj

Pre-Proposal: Dash Australia by partnering with TravelbyBit aims to increase user adoption through a unique event, which will allow us to open new wallets and show everyone how to use Dash at participating merchants.

About Us:

Arjun Bhardwaj – I am an MBA student at the Griffith University in Brisbane. I believe that cryptocurrency adoption will open greater access to markets for everyone. I think that Dash can help achieve this through its approach to get genuine user adoption.

Damian Bielinski – I am currently in the third year of a double degree in Law/Business (majoring in Finance) at the Queensland University of Technology. I have been actively involved in the Brisbane blockchain and cryptocurrency community and have assisted in organising events for the community.

Together, we want to increase genuine user adoption of Dash. We have established a strong partnership with local Fintech start-up TravelbyBit and aim to achieve our goal by organising events that allow everyone to participate in an open and inclusive environment. Most importantly, we want everyone to experience making Dash transactions for themselves at TravelbyBit’s merchants in order to drive user adoption.

About TravelbyBit:

TravelbyBit is a cryptocurrency payment processor based in Australia focused on the tourism industry. The platform enables any business to take online and point of sale (POS) payments in cryptocurrency, then instantly convert's it to Australian Dollars. This is truly a real-world use case for cryptocurrencies, and they already have over 150 merchants across Australia. By using the TravelbyBit POS system, travellers save money in exchange rates and bank fees, and businesses avoid incurring the 2-3% fee charged by credit card companies.

Why the Partnership with TravelbyBit:

TravelbyBit is propelling cryptocurrency adoption, and we, as part of the Dash Australia community, believe partnering with such a revolutionary company is a huge step in the right direction. As TravelbyBit has an established network of cryptocurrency users and enthusiasts, we want to utilise their connections to co-host Dash events with them. TravelbyBit events have a mix of new and experienced cryptocurrency enthusiasts, which is a prime opportunity to present the benefits of Dash, such as low transaction fees and the instant send function. TravelbyBit has a growing customer base of merchants (i.e cafes, bars, restaurants, tourism providers, and hoteliers), and through their payment gateway system, merchants are able to receive payments in Dash.

“We’re excited with this initiative, as genuine adoption is key to the success of the cryptocurrency social movement. The proactive approach by the Dash Australia community will drive the usage and adoption of Dash, and we hope other communities will follow.”
- Shireen Yip, COO and Co-Founder of TravelbyBit

What We Will Deliver:

We aim to become the driving force behind the Dash Australia community. Our goal is to host Dash events starting in Brisbane, Australia, that will consist of two phases:

(1) Proof of Concept (Presentation):

· Provide information on blockchain technology, how cryptocurrencies work, and why they are the future of finance.

· Discuss the benefits, developments and use cases of Dash.

· Teach attendees how to download and use a Dash digital wallet.

(2) Genuine Use Case (Bar Event):

· Airdrop attendees $5 USD worth of Dash.

· Using the airdropped Dash, attendees will make Dash payments at TravelbyBit's merchants to experience genuine peer-to-peer blockchain transactions.

The events will be designed so that anyone who is interested can attend, from cryptocurrency beginners to blockchain gurus. This broad approach is taken as, during our experience with previous events, we have seen that even those with an advanced understanding of cryptocurrencies have never used a mobile wallet. Such an approach will, therefore allow the Dash community to expand and consequently increase its adoption.

The event outlined in this proposal and all future events will be documented on a dedicated Dash YouTube channel, which we will create. The channel will also provide informational content on Dash and digital wallets, and the links to each video will be shared on social media.

Process:

• Create the social media pages required to begin community engagement through announcements.
  • Confirm the date and venue for the event.
  • Order the necessary materials required (outlined in the budget under ‘Advertising’ and ‘Materials’).
  • Organise the necessary personnel required for the event.
  • Organise catering with Nom Nom Bar and Eatery.
  • Create presentation content.

Event Information:

• 28 June 2018 (note: date is subject to confirmation):
o Presentation from 5:30pm to 8pm

o Nom Nom Bar and Eatery event from 8pm to late

Dash Event Topics:

• Overview of the digital currency ecosystem.
  • A brief overview of Dash.
  • Differentiating Dash from other digital currencies.
  • How the Dash DAO works.
  • How to download and setup Dash wallets.
  • How to use instant send and private send.
  • How to purchase Dash on an exchange.
  • Dash airdrop for Nom Nom Bar and Eatery.

Budget Proposal:

The budget proposal reflects our partnership with TravelbyBit and the fees associated with it.

Pre-event Costs:

• Advertising: $2,000 USD
- This will include a Facebook marketing initiative, print media (local and national newspaper), and advertising material for the presentation and event, such as banners and flyers.

• Community management: $1,500 USD
- Community management on social media channels on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, the Dash Forum and Dash Nation Slack.

• Project Management: $2,000 USD
- This will include partnership costs with TravelbyBit and project management cost for the presentation and bar event.

• Materials: $1,000 USD
- This will include Dash branded t-shirts, folders, pens and notepaper.

Presentation and Bar Event Costs:

• Event Hire Cost: $1,500 USD
- This includes event hire space through River City Labs (start-up accelerator – picture of the space provided below) and hire of Nom Nom Bar and Eatery in Fortitude Valley.

• Catering: $1,500 USD
- This will be provided by Nom Nom Bar and Eatery for the participants and the crew.

• Dash Airdrop: $1,500 USD
- Approximately 300 participants x $5 USD to get them started at Nom Nom Bar and Eatery.

• Event Insurance: $700 USD
- For personal indemnity cover in case of accidents during the event.

• Staff (6 staff members): $800 USD
-This includes registration staff as well as staff members who will show clients how to download and use the Dash wallet. All staff will be provided branded Dash t-shirts.

• Cameraman, Video Recording and Editing: $1,000 USD
- This is to record the presentation and the bar event. The video will be uploaded to our YouTube channel and distributed across our social media channels.

• Guest Speaker (Fees and Travel Allowance): $250 USD
-This will allow us to get the CEO of TravelbyBit to speak at the presentation.

• Total for pre-event costs, presentation costs and bar event costs: $13,750 USD
  • Total in Dash: 1 DASH @ $468.82 USD = 30 DASH + 5 DASH proposal fee reimbursement = 35 DASH

Email - [email protected]

Future Goals

This event is only the beginning of what we envision to be a fruitful partnership with Dash and the community. We aim to host regular Dash events all around Australia and eventually expand internationally, with New Zealand and South East Asian countries being our first international targets.

We also endeavour to setup a Dash Learning Centre, where anyone can drop in and learn more about Dash, how to setup a Dash wallet, how to make transactions, how the blockchain works and other general cryptocurrency information. This will increase user confidence and adoption by providing information and guidance that may be hard to find and daunting to beginners at first.

We firmly believe that this is a major step toward the adoption of Dash and hope that you will support our shared vision of Dash becoming a widely used payment method.

Thank you Dash community for allowing us this opportunity

The price sounds very reasonable. Through TravelbyBit 10% of all Dash accepting merchants are from Australia and half of those are from Brisbane. Therefore I think telling the local population about Dash could really lead to some real world adoption.

The price sounds very reasonable. Through TravelbyBit 10% of all Dash accepting merchants are from Australia and half of those are from Brisbane. Therefore I think telling the local population about Dash could really lead to some real world adoption.
Hi Orion, thank you for your feedback. We believe that our partnership with TravelbyBit will produce real results for the Dash community in Australia. You are right that real world adoption is the key and people being able to transact with Dash on wide merchant network will showcase the utility of Dash.

Dear @Arj,
Tank you for your interest in Dash.
Does all 98 merchands alread accept Dash with Travelbybit or its optionnal ?
Does every shop have freewifi point ?
What are the actual transaction by coin of every shop ( can be share in private) ?

There is certainly a potential way of working with you and them but we need more Data.

Do you have any participation in a way or in an other into Travelbybit companie ?

Regards,

Hi JOL,

Thank you for your interest and questions, let me an answer them in the order that you asked them:

1. Currently, all TravelbyBit merchants accept Dash, as well as four other cryptocurrencies. Our goal is to promote Dash over the other cryptocurrencies by actively engaging the customer base.

2. In Australia, most users who have digital wallets on their phone will have access to 4G, but I think free wifi is something we can offer further down the line. For instance, if you use Dash to pay for your coffee, you can use the merchant's wifi for free while you are there and then we would reimburse the merchant - this might require some more thought, but many Australian merchants do offer free wifi service. Wifi hotspots can also be bought for future events in order to supply wifi for the transactions for those who do not have access to the 4G network.

3. I can try to get these figures specifically for TravelbyBit for you. I have attached the link to Living Room of Satoshi (LROS), who is the tech partner for TravelbyBit. LROS allows anyone in Australia to pay their bills online in cryptocurrency. TravelbyBit builds on the LROS online platform and allows retailers to accept cryptocurrency payments at physical stores. You can see the digital currency differentiation on the LROS bill payment system here - https://www.livingroomofsatoshi.com/graphs

As you can see, Dash is not used as much as other currencies. We want to change this by actively marketing to the TravelbyBit userbase to increase Dash's visibility and usage. Further, we would also like to increase Dash usage on the LROS bill payment platform in the future.

TravelbyBit has just partnered with Brisbane Airport and has implemented their point of sale payment system in retail outlets in the international and domestic terminals. 20 million people come through this airport annually, which represents a great opportunity for Dash user expansion. You can view live transactions made using the TravelbyBit system at the Brisbane airport via the FlybyBit page - https://flybybit.com/

4. We have endeavoured to build our relationship and partnership with TravelbyBit. We are not employed by TravelbyBit but have regular face to face interactions with the CEO and team every week.

Please bear in mind that this will only be our first proposal. We have many ideas for the future if the Dash community supports our initiative!

Hey,

Realy informatif answers.
Your team and this proposal have all my positive attention.

About phone and G4, yes, certainly all australians have it, about tourist, not sure they have it.

Are you in contact with
@Bradley Zastrow.
Business Development, hes live in Sydney at the last news.
He can certainly give you advise and support in Australia.

PS : im not a fan of airdrop, more fan of a -x% when buy with it

Last edited:
Hey JOL,

Thanks for the contact, we will take it on board and make sure to reach out to him.

Our goal is to make people use Dash and the airdrop helps achieve that at this stage. We can certainly look at changing this as we do more events in the future.
We really do appriciate the feedback and hope that you will support us when we put the proposal in next week.
Thanks,
Arj and Damian

Thank you for your pre-proposal. From the sounds of it, your proposal would take the usual meet-up/presentation/wallet set-up proposal model and add in education about extant integrations, all for a lower cost than many other proposals that do half as much. That alone seems pretty worthwhile to me. Does TravelbyBit have any plans to expand their reach/integration with other industries as well? Already that seems pretty useful for Australians.

One of the things we've often discussed is that those of us in the Western World (of which I'd also count Australia, culturally and economically speaking) already have extant solutions that work fairly well--more or less--like checks, credit cards, cash, etc. So there's less of an incentive for Western users to actually *spend* cryptocurrency and often less opportunity as well. What are you (and TravelbyBit by extension) doing to incentivize everyday use aside from increasing availability and awareness? For example, in the US, one of the PoS solutions which currently has a proposal up called AnyPay includes a "DashBack" program wherein users who pay in Dash receive a small percentage as a "rebate" of sorts for purchasing in Dash instead of some other cryptocurrency or conventional means. What is the advantage for Australians for using Dash apart from the intrinsic properties of Dash compared to fiat currency-based solutions?

@Arthyron, i think than its more for tourist, and tourist dont have any AU$, they need to buy it before or when they travel to Australia. Every country around Australia use they own money. the exchange between the foreign money and the Australian dollar has a cost, moreover at the end of the trip you have to change again what you have left.
Australia welcomed 7.3 million foreign visitors in 2016 with 8% growup by years.
Sydney, goldcoast and sunchinecoast can certainly be a good target for this use case too.

What @JOL is asking, btw, is what is the relationship between these two websites and the ownership of the content? Is the former a subsidiary of the latter, or are they technically two separate entities?

Greetings from Venezuela!

I like your pre-proposal, like I've said a several times before, education is the first step and the best tool to get started with something new. I also like the idea of creating a Dash Learning Centre, it could be really helpful for people interested in Dash to go there or contact a person working there and get well informed. I imagine it like a sort of institution, a physical space, is that your current idea?

Is there any established Dash community in Australia? I'm asking this because here in Venezuela we have communities by states or regions in order to spread education and make initiatives in all the country.

All my support from Dash Youth Venezuela, we are working right now in organizing discussion forums and lecture in schools and universities, so we a have a really great content of information.

The best of lucks!

@Showny M. Azar Raheb Stop posting random question to plug your proposal everywhere. It is very annoying.

Greetings from Venezuela!

I like your pre-proposal, like I've said a several times before, education is the first step and the best tool to get started with something new. I also like the idea of creating a Dash Learning Centre, it could be really helpful for people interested in Dash to go there or contact a person working there and get well informed. I imagine it like a sort of institution, a physical space, is that your current idea?

Is there any established Dash community in Australia? I'm asking this because here in Venezuela we have communities by states or regions in order to spread education and make initiatives in all the country.

All my support from Dash Youth Venezuela, we are working right now in organizing discussion forums and lecture in schools and universities, so we a have a really great content of information.

The best of lucks!

Back