• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashNexus - The Next Generation Dash Governance Platform

Would you vote yes?

• Yes

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

jeffh

We spent the last six months working on this proposal to bring you the best possible path forwards for Layer 2 decentralized governance for Dash.

Below is a mock-up below for the new proposal leaderboard so you can get an idea for what to except in the PDF.

zw0Dw7OWxN15VEVxeoUtn7c1llgZSp7cNBqHBxqAGjwVuslsjXFbhZztuiNBRl0aUjL--kaPoYMG_jU12ogDuIrQIkR9WLj7IyJHCwj6grn25jmadplBgPlVm1FDWWwd_uHTc_IG

The PDF was too big to attach so it's available at this link (it's 27 pages long)

Also available below on Google Drive.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qRpP5jhpyIuC6-YR8svIC--b2_SxoYL-2pyxcu6zyms/edit?usp=sharing

Looking forward to your feedback!

Oh, and you can sign up for updates at www.dashnexus.org

Last edited:
Dash-Al with Team Dash Watch here, we've been in close discussions with Jeff about how great some of their features would be for Dash Watch. Specifically, the milestones and budget sections in the proposal creator. One of our biggest challenges at Dash Watch is nailing down clear deliverable milestones that we can use to gauge proposal progress. Ideally these milestones are clearly laid out from the very beginning so that we know exactly what to follow up with proposal owners on. In our current system, a challenge we face is that proposals are written in many different formats. There is no guidelines or required sections for proposal owners to fill out. In our opinion, the proposal creator that is outlined by this project would greatly improve accountability in the Dash ecosystem.

At Dash Watch we try to be as neutral as possible since we are a reporting team. We believe that the proposal creator iterated in this proposal would immensely benefit our work at Dash Watch and would add a great value to the community - however this is not an endorsement of this specific proposal.

Hey, it looks amazing, it shows us that you took the time to prepare this and the results are good. The only thing I would recommend is that you could make a video here in the pre-proposal that will help you to show more quickly what the project is about, so that you get more effective attention.

Greetings from Guyana.

I think this would be an excellent improvement over the dash governance framework.

I am a proposal owner and before posting our project, we reseach a lot which would be the best way to assemble it to achieve success. I saw many very informal proposals that passed, and now that the funds are strech, I think it adds much value and seriousness to the model. We all could have a framework to post our proposals in a more standardized way and with the same level of detail.

This would simplify the work to MNO's analysis of preference at the time of voting and the monitoring of compliance with the milestones.

good luck with this project!

Hello!

A lot of work already put into this! In general it looks great. Just wanted to share with you some things that I thought of, while going through the document:
  • The name ‘Nexus’ is not very approachable, a step down from ‘Central’
  • The Budget Graph takes a few too many seconds to interpret correctly (Approved = the whole green block)
  • Features that I dont feel I would be using (i’d prefer the system to be lean):
    • The reminder feature
    • Slack integration
    • Dark mode
    • Masternode tools
  • I miss your version/interpretation of the proposal commenting section (‘Discussion Board’?). This plays a big part in the voting process, so needs sufficient focus. My suggestion for improvement, would be to re-allow commenting by non-MNO’s (or non-Dash holders, see next comment), but to have the option to hide those completely
  • Would it be possible to somehow implement a proof of stake mechanism like DashBoost has? So that non-MNO’s can also vote with their stake, resulting in a non-binding, non-MNO community advisory vote, for the MNO’s to take into account? This can also be used to enable only those with sufficient Dash to comment on proposals
  • How about adding a optional Debriefing/Completion/Achievement section to the Proposal View, where proposal owners can add some evidence or testimony upon completion of the project?
Aside from that, I love the general idea, the slick look & feel, the pre-proposal integration, etc.

BUT at half a million it is very expensive, especially keeping in mind that we have a functioning system already in place. At the moment it seems one big (very) nice to have.

In the poll, I voted no..

Last edited:
Hey, it looks amazing, it shows us that you took the time to prepare this and the results are good. The only thing I would recommend is that you could make a video here in the pre-proposal that will help you to show more quickly what the project is about, so that you get more effective attention.
Thank you for your support! We are working on a video presentation and will release it in the next few days along with the live proposal.

Hello!

A lot of work already put into this! In general it looks great. Just wanted to share with you some things that I thought of, while going through the document:
  • The Budget Graph takes a few too many seconds to interpret correctly (Approved = the whole green block)
  • Features that I dont feel I would be using (i’d prefer the system to be lean):
    • The reminder feature
    • Slack integration
    • Dark mode
    • Masternode tools
  • I miss your version/interpretation of the proposal commenting section (‘Discussion Board’?). This plays a big part in the voting process, so needs sufficient focus. My suggestion for improvement, would be to re-allow commenting by non-MNO’s (or non-Dash holders, see next comment), but to have the option to hide those completely
  • Would it be possible to somehow implement a proof of stake mechanism like DashBoost has? So that non-MNO’s can also vote with their stake, resulting in a non-binding, non-MNO community advisory vote, for the MNO’s to take into account? This can also be used to enable only those with sufficient Dash to comment on proposals
  • How about adding a optional Debriefing/Completion/Achievement section to the Proposal View, where proposal owners can add some evidence or testimony upon completion of the project?
Aside from that, I love the general idea, the slick look & feel, the pre-proposal integration, etc.

BUT at half a million it is very expensive, especially keeping in mind that we have a functioning system already in place. At the moment it seems one big (very) nice to have.

@chinmi Thank you for your thoughtful feedback!

To address a few of your points:
  • Attached is a sketch of how the Budget Graph would like like in different states, depending on how much funding is requested/approved/available. These are preliminary concepts and we will be developing these further and testing with users to make sure the final version is easy to interpret.
  • During the development process, we will prioritize the development of all features based on how vital they are to the platform and how difficult they are to develop. Our initial deliverable will be a 'lean' MVP and a clear roadmap for the development of all additional features.
  • Our Discussion Board is mentioned on page 12 under Proposal View. In our mockup, the right side of the screen is used for the discussion board and we included a toggle at the top to switch between MNO-only and community views. We expect to significantly develop the functionality of the discussion board, including adding features like polling.
  • We are looking at several options for showing Updates/Progress/Completion for the Proposals and creating a dedicated section is at the top of our list.
In regards to the cost, we feel strongly that the Dash DAO deserves to have an enterprise-grade governance platform, which will go far beyond the 'functioning' product we have today and allow for a much broader community of merchants and developers to engage with the DGBB. This in turn will have a tremendous ROI for the Dash ecosystem as a whole, which will far outweigh the initial cost of development.

Attachments

• Budget Graph states.png
    Budget Graph states.png
    244.8 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
One thing we forgot to mention (easy to do when your proposal is already 20+ pages long) is what we have planned for the homepage.

@thedesertlynx actually recommended something quite good which was later echoed by Omar from Core, which is to make the homepage a bit of a landing page for the treasury which gives newcomers a bit of an explain like I'm 5 on how the whole system works which will cut down on the number of questions people have about it before they start engaging as well as laying out best practices.

So we'd have a single-page scroll-able homepage at https://www.dashnexus.org and then a button to "Go to the App" or something to that effect in the header which would take you to the application itself at https://app.dashnexus.org .

This looks amazing - something that will enhance the Dash ecosystem. A contemporary design with good usability will drive more MNO's to engage in voting, especially if the tools allow a more straightforward assessment of proposals.
I've been through the PDF, the guys have put in a serious amount of commitment and work to get this far, and it looks like they really understand the needs of the community and MNO's. It is a sensible evolution of Dash Central, and provides a powerful showcase of the projects and capabilities of the DAO - if they execute this well, the wider crypto community will also be able to take a much closer look at Dash and what it's capable of.

Dash can afford this project, I feel it will add a lot of value to Dash, likely well over and above the investment they are asking for so it's a Yes from me.

Drako

Do you plan on offering access to data on Dash Nexus via an API? For example if PO's can enter milestones/dates in their proposal on Dash Nexus would it be possible for someone else to develop a Dash Calendar app/site and use your data? Or if someone wants to look at different statistics than you're showing, can he do that?

Do you plan on offering access to data on Dash Nexus via an API? For example if PO's can enter milestones/dates in their proposal on Dash Nexus would it be possible for someone else to develop a Dash Calendar app/site and use your data? Or if someone wants to look at different statistics than you're showing, can he do that?

From my conversions with Jeff, I believe yes they will offer API for other people to have access to the data.

We appreciate all the feedback we got on the live proposal. We will be re-posting later this cycle with a lot of that feedback in mind.

In the meantime, if anyone has any follow-up suggestions or questions - please leave them here!

That URL isn't responding. Has it ever been working or is this a recent problem?

On DashCentral @DashNexus wrote in response to @DashedOnDashCentral concerns about the lack of escrow:

Where may I find the latest "bi-weekly community updates?"

Thanks in advance!

Hi @dASHBREAKER ,

We are currently transitioning the original 'signup site' to a partial release of Nexus (standalone leaderboard feature). The new site will be live early next week, apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

As far as communication, we have been providing regular updates and answering community questions on the #dash-nexus Discord channel on Dash Nation, as well as communicating with Dash Watch, who compiled a report on our progress for the first month: https://dashwatch.org/files/1530055269141.pdf

We will put out a more formal update with the launch of the leaderboard feature that will provide additional details regarding our progress and roadmap. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us directly or in the discord channel.

Thank you!

@dASHBREAKER I just updated the root domain to point to the Leaderboard page as well.

You can check out our channel #dash-nexus in the Dash Nation Discord any time for the latest updates. I think you'll find we share a lot there!

Back