• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Ignore Dash: Branding as THE COIN for "Instant Confirmations"

@Bertrand256, the proposal is finally up on DashCentral here. Thank you for your patience.

@fernando, I have edited the DashCentral proposal's "How will we know if the ads are successful?" section to reflect your input. I look forward to developing metrics via your direct guidance. Thank you.

i am not a fan of reverse psychology !
“do not buy M ...”
might have worked for them , but that does not mean we need to adopt the same “dirty” (just my opinion) techniques
am really not sure on who this is supposed to work
(no offence , but i really do not get it and see the danger of a huge backfire here )

I disagree - reverse psychology absolutely works and I don't see it as any more "dirty" than the rest of the multitude of psychological techniques used in marketing.

Ditch "confirmations". Too many syllables.

Dash settles instantly.

But it doesn't technically settle instantly, it's more of an instant guarantee. The recipient of an instantsend isn't in control of the funds until the standard block confirmations come in, although it's guaranteed they are there.

We made this mistake at our recent event, thinking everyone we instantsend to would be good to turnaround and spend it instantly. Many had to wait for confirmations to be able to spend their instantsend funds.

Strangely, it was spendable on iPhones faster than androids across the board.

Last edited:
No doubt your presence and work in this space has been integral for getting Dash to where it is, and on those merits alone, your proposals are held in high esteem. I wish you would have published this pre-preposal first before posting your proposal so that you would have been alerted to where the budget is at currently and how little remaining Dash we have to allocate this cycle due to carry-overs from previous cycles. There is very little room for new proposals of substantial size, so it will be a squeeze even if we decide we really like your proposal.

That being said, I'm somewhat ambivalent about this marketing campaign if for no other reason than marketing *in general* has not seemed to serve us especially well in terms of actual, demonstrable ROI lately and we're already throwing huge amounts toward that end as it is. If we have room for your proposals, I want you and your team(s) to continue to be a part of our sector of this space, but personally I would prioritize integrations and utitlities that directly drive and facilitate the *use* of Dash, laying the foundation for the efficacy of increasing *interest* in dash.

But it doesn't technically settle instantly, it's more of an instant guarantee. The recipient of an instantsend isn't in control of the funds until the standard block confirmations come in, although it's guaranteed they are there.

We made this mistake at our recent event, thinking everyone we instantsend to would be good to turnaround and spend it instantly. Many had to wait for confirmations to be able to spend their instantsend funds.

Strangely, it was spendable on iPhones faster than androids across the board.

If we go by that logic then the usage of the word "confirmed" must be prohibited as well for the same exact reason you just laid out: "Confirmed" also means it's (re-)spendable.
So it's just semantics. In marketing nobody cares about these details, people care about being reached on an emotional level and using shorter/simpler words is conducive to that goal.

Amanda and team, I applaud you for your creative marketing ideas. The one thing though is I'm concerned that the end user (buyer) doesn't give a whooot about instant settlement. Case-in-point is credit cards which take days to settle. Not one person in literally 100,000 consumers give it a second thought. Now, vendors, that's a different story altogether. Target that group somehow with the ad campaign and you may get some ROI.

Last edited:
Amanda and team, I applaud you for your creative marketing ideas. The one thing though is I'm concerned that the end user (buyer) doesn't give a whooot about instant settlement. Case-in-point is credit cards which take days to settle. Not one person in literally 100,000 consumers give it a second thought. Now, vendors, that's a different story altogether. Target that group somehow with the ad campaign and you may get some ROI.

I agree with this sentiment. IMO, the biggest sell to vendors/businesses is that Dash/crypto is irreversible - there are no chargebacks.

* Not Mineable
I dont think so. Cardano is not mineable, but it is classified as coin.
I think coinmarketcap classifies as tokens, the cryptocurrencies that are based on smart contract platforms (like ethereum).
Am I right on that? Yes or No?

Last edited:
I had an experience about something like this. When our forum just release and nobody know about it. And the competitor is a very big one. They had banned everybody to talk good about us.

Luckily we had success with an idea similar to this. We make community aware and debate and compare...

I believe this campaign will bring us a lot more people.

It's not so much whether reverse psychology works or not, it's more about context. In this particular case, I feel "ignore dash" is too negative when a more entertaining approach could be made.

Imagine, if you will, a woman laying in bed and suddenly realizes she could be late for an appointment. She jumps into a taxi, but on the way realizes she's forgotten various things. She looks down to her feet and sees cat slippers.. needs proper shoes... jumps out of the taxi and into a shop, quickly buys shoes and then back into the taxi. Her journey continues with other comical realizations, forcing her to dart into shops and back into the taxi. Finally arriving at her destination on-time and it closes with the dash logo and tagline, "For when you need to dash".

"For when you need to dash" is exactly what ABJ suggested, making it a verb. This should be our new slogan.

Comedy beats reverse psychology. If we love it, we share it.

It's not so much whether reverse psychology works or not, it's more about context. In this particular case, I feel "ignore dash" is too negative when a more entertaining approach could be made.

Imagine, if you will, a woman laying in bed and suddenly realizes she could be late for an appointment. She jumps into a taxi, but on the way realizes she's forgotten various things. She looks down to her feet and sees cat slippers.. needs proper shoes... jumps out of the taxi and into a shop, quickly buys shoes and then back into the taxi. Her journey continues with other comical realizations, forcing her to dart into shops and back into the taxi. Finally arriving at her destination on-time and it closes with the dash logo and tagline, "For when you need to dash".

"For when you need to dash" is exactly what ABJ suggested, making it a verb. This should be our new slogan.

Comedy beats reverse psychology. If we love it, we share it.

I agree that Comedy beats reverse psychology - but deception and lies will permanently destroy us.

This proposed "commercial" does not align with reality today. It's just not possible unless you live in certain areas of New Hampshire right now.

If we ran this advertisement today, it would be a blatant lie because it's not possible. I will definitely not support the traditional marketing approach of lying or twisting or manipulating truth or reality to paint some kind of picture in the minds of viewers. I will support truth and honesty in advertising. An "Ignore Dash" campaign aligns with reality much better than this proposal.

Hi Amanda, its great to see another marvelous proposal from you and your team!

Im certainly intrigued by the reverse psychology, I share @TroyDASH opinion on how great it could work, but given the current state of affairs around proposal approvals itsits really difficult for me to picture ANOTHER massive marketing proposal given the fact that they haven't actually served their purpose (as @Arthyron previously mentioned) and are really expensive.

Hopefully the community will turn around their opinion on the projects whose ROIs just aren't cutting it and free the space for teams like yours, that give DASH a whole other dimension marketing wise.

Good luck!

I agree that Comedy beats reverse psychology - but deception and lies will permanently destroy us.

This proposed "commercial" does not align with reality today. It's just not possible unless you live in certain areas of New Hampshire right now.

If we ran this advertisement today, it would be a blatant lie because it's not possible. I will definitely not support the traditional marketing approach of lying or twisting or manipulating truth or reality to paint some kind of picture in the minds of viewers. I will support truth and honesty in advertising. An "Ignore Dash" campaign aligns with reality much better than this proposal.

I agree regarding deception and lies, though I think you're being a little harsh. If the scenario is unrealistic, then it begs the question, what are the real-world use cases for dash instant send? - because I don't see that question being answered by a "ignore dash" campaign.

Back