• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

We should keep an eye on Smartcash

Dandy

Smartcash is a cryptocurrency based on Dash (though they don't state it anywhere, but it's pretty obvious).

They did some interesting things on it.
First, they gave voting rights on proposals to everyone that holds Smartcash (one vote per one Smart coin).
Second, they implemented Zerocoin for privacy.
Third, they give so-called Smart rewards (interest) to anyone that holds at least 1000 Smart coins and doesn't spend them for a month (it's actually from 25th in the month to the next 25th in the month).

They just released SmartNodes, which are essentially their version of Masternodes, which should enable instant send on their network, too.
Now, what I find most interesting in this whole story is that they have a much higher coin supply (maximum is 5,000,000,000 coins) and as the requirement for their SmartNode is 10,000 coins, they can have a much larger number of masternodes than we can. Based on the current circulating supply, I estimate that they could hit 30,000 SmartNodes in the next few months.

It will be very interesting to observe how this will impact their network in the financial and technical sense, as their codebase is very similar to Dash.

I found this post because I was looking for a comparison of Dash and Smartcash. They are both sponsoring Libertopia, which is VERY interesting to me. It seems that a "second layer" of sorts could be created which allows multiple people to participate in controlling a masternode. This is more "Republican" than "Democratic" - and that is something the founders of the USA would like. They recognized the pitfalls of democracy and implemented a representational system to alleviate them. It did some good. That, and Dash's age are the two main reasons that I still favor Dash.

Back