• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Cracking the Cannabis Genome on DASH Drive

Fund this or Weed this one out?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking the Cannabis Genome on DASH Drive

Abstract

DASH has the potential to transform scientific publishing with transparent timestamps, monetization, and censorship resistant publishing. There is a unique opportunity to showcase this potential by taking a highly visible scientific project and leveraging DASH to fund, review, and host the scientific publication of a controversial genome. The ideal genome is the most popular genome that continues to fail to get public funding despite overwhelming public support. We propose to have the DASH network partially fund, peer review and publish the most comprehensive (100X improvement) Cannabis Genome Map ever created and demonstrate why this is an ideal time to make such a move. The economic impact of deciphering the human genome led to a multi-billion dollar human genomics market. We believe the cannabis genome is the next most impactful genome to be completed and decentralized governance may be required to get it done. A better cannabis reference will assist in more rapid molecular breeding programs, better understanding of hermaphroditism, autoflowering genetics and genotype to chemotype predictive markers. It will accelerate more effective breeding and growth of the industry. Demonstrating crypto-incentivized peer review on the DASH network will showcase DASH as leader in the pursuit of truth and censorship resistant publishing. This will be historic.

40 DASH per month for 6 Months.

Full Proposal at this link:
https://mega.nz/#!8NZmCAzY!H2h_HfAN0JD6PoOIcoSnbyABwc6WRN8YwG5FehIXLAo

I personally think this is an important project to fund. Many people in this community voice their libertarian tendencies and use that as justification for huge proposals that fund different media outlets. Advancing science and storing that data in a public place like the Dash blockchain is far more important than any media outlet we can possibly fund. Furthermore, this is an opportunity to more fully embed ourselves within the burgeoning cannabis industry. A definite Yes from me.

I personally think this is an important project to fund. Many people in this community voice their libertarian tendencies and use that as justification for huge proposals that fund different media outlets. Advancing science and storing that data in a public place like the Dash blockchain is far more important than any media outlet we can possibly fund. Furthermore, this is an opportunity to more fully embed ourselves within the burgeoning cannabis industry. A definite Yes from me.
Thank you for the positive feedback.
This would great to get started before 420

@Name3 do you have any objections to copying your comments on this over to DASHcentral where the proposal is being discussed. A few early voters gave it lukewarm remarks and the trend is not looking good.Your counterbalancing voice might help shape the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back