• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode On Raspberry Pi 2 Model B

Do I still need a server or can this guide using Rasberry PI replace the server ??

and does this process work on other masternode coins or only dash?

Edit: second question ADDED

This guide is fairly old now, but in theory it should still work. Raspberry Pi builds are released on the official site so you should start with those. Alternatively you could look into ROKOS, a Linux distribution that comes with many blockchain clients already installed, probably including other masternode coins. Documentation here: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/...75/ROKOS+Wallet+or+masternode+on+Raspberry+Pi

This guide is fairly old now, but in theory it should still work. Raspberry Pi builds are released on the official site so you should start with those. Alternatively you could look into ROKOS, a Linux distribution that comes with many blockchain clients already installed, probably including other masternode coins. Documentation here: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/...75/ROKOS+Wallet+or+masternode+on+Raspberry+Pi
I see. I've looked at ROKOS before, didn't know it supported dash. Thank you for the reference.

Hi is was my guide back then. I noticed the 1gb ram was getting low on the pi2b so i went from went from pi2b to odroid C2, which has 2gb. It ran great on the odroid c2 until i had some router/isp troubles when i bought a new router. I missed 2 payments because of that back then. I ran the pi/c2 for years without trouble, but looking at the future i think the pi wont be sufficient, so i went to a VPS eventually.

Hi is was my guide back then. I noticed the 1gb ram was getting low on the pi2b so i went from went from pi2b to odroid C2, which has 2gb. It ran great on the odroid c2 until i had some router/isp troubles when i bought a new router. I missed 2 payments because of that back then. I ran the pi/c2 for years without trouble, but looking at the future i think the pi wont be sufficient, so i went to a VPS eventually.

ah i can see that ram can be a problem with pi thanks for that info

Back