• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

A warning about General Bytes

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I've never even seen a Genesis machine in person. They are the most widespread ATM out there but you'd have to talk to an operator that owns one. I've never been interested in Bitcoin maximalists, they don't seem to want to play fair when it comes to competition. Since Genesis doesn't add any other coins at a decent rate, I've avoided them. I'm just suggesting the community hire Genesis to make an update to their machines can carry Dash, that would give a Dash a lot more access to ATMs.

Lamassu has a decent ATM with Dash enabled, they are pricey and the style seems a bit dated to be honest. Larger screens are better aesthetically.

Hi to all with problems with general bytes. In December the company sent out an email stating that they moved within Prague. Does anyone still have that email? I am about to go to Prague and pay them a visit. I purchased a machine from them which was delivered but then they do not send the activation QR code, so the machine is basically worthless. What a waste this has been of my time and energy.

Hi to all with problems with general bytes. In December the company sent out an email stating that they moved within Prague. Does anyone still have that email? I am about to go to Prague and pay them a visit. I purchased a machine from them which was delivered but then they do not send the activation QR code, so the machine is basically worthless. What a waste this has been of my time and energy.

this is what they have on their webpage:
GENERAL BYTES s.r.o.
U Pergamenky 1522/2
170 00 Prague 7
Czech Republic
Phone: +420 234 092 582
https://www.generalbytes.com/contacts/

jay PM me i know the default activation code, their customer service has been getting worse and worse

Generalbytes is a total joke.

In early January tried to buy a CortexPay POS machine. The website boasts with general availability.

My multiple email inquiries had the following (ludicrous) result:
5 times they said it is available (sometimes with, sometimes without Dash. What did we pay them for, exactly?) and 6 times they said it's not available. Can you imagine how ridiculous the email-exchange of that looks? This is a company that doesn't know what they have in stock... After the 5th email I suspected they're throwing dices on how to reply instead of actually checking. The last reply I got was:

"I am sorry for my previous accessibility information. We currently do not sell CortexPay and are not sure when. If you have interest in our another products. Let us know."

That's like walking into a store looking for red wine and the shopkeeper says: "Sorry, we're outta red wine, but check out this nice, soft toilet paper!"

These jokers wasted 2 months (replies usually took 1 week or more) of my precious time in which I could've built my own solution.

To concur with OP: Stay far away.

Once every 1000 machines or so we see a client like this, purchases machines with someone else their money then start a blame game once he is delayed in deployment and investors start asking what happened to their funds. We even offered a full refund because the client was not happy but no... The machines were transported by the client without any protective wrapping, the client even dismantled the machine, ripped out the LED neon, dismantled the cash acceptors and flashed with firmware not supplied by us (voiding his warranty!) and then complained everywhere before contacting our support. Cleint spreads lies and rumours to get attention and discredit our company. We offered to send a technician from Prague to the Netherlands (we are not obliged to by contract!) where he deployed his machine but cancelled his flight as soon as we found out the true nature of this client and the fact he was spreading lies on every forum that would allow him in.

If Mr thesavoyard would have spend the same time he spends on forums posting complaints, his machines would have been up and running long time ago. We stopped caring about this client once our staff was blackmailed into 'if you do not send someone over I will make sure nobody purchases a machine from you' and 'I will tell everyone you say Dash is a sh*tcoin' and the one that did it for us was 'once I am finished with you, I own your company'.... That is where we draw the line and told him to read his contract again. We will honour the terms of the contract, even offered a full money back refund (we are not obliged to!) but that is not what he wants, he just wants to pocket the cash from the investors and blame someone else. This, we think is despicable but no longer care. We will also not have our staff blackmailed into doing extra work that is essentially yours as an operator.

Dash adoption is growing on ATMs worldwide, faster than the industry average at the moment. This is due to the many hours of work done by our programmers. We currently offer bi-directional support for dash and point of sale support. We also added NFC Wallet card support for club-like environments where using a phone to pay is less than ideal. Unfortunately, we could not get instant send (actually instant receive) to work yet due to limitations in the DashJ library we used. This is not a big problem as Dash transactions are quite fast anyway and as soon as the DashJ library is updated, we will add support for instantsend. We also added the possibility to sell Dash directly from the point of sale terminals, eliminating the need for an ATM if a store operator is available at the location. This will allow operators to increase the number of Dash vending points without needing an ATM in each of them. Dash adoption will continue to grow and more and more ATM operators are adding Dash to their portfolio of coins.

This is the last mail we will post on this subject on this forum as there is no point discussing with someone that will resort to spreading lies to get their right and damage our company reputation in the only to get out of problems with his investors. We will honour any warranty claims, check your contract for details but we will not spend any extra time on you that is not listed in the contract as quite frankly, you are the worst client we ever had. We will not have our staff or company blackmailed. This is were we draw the line. Now excuse me while I devote my time to clients that are actually asking questions instead of sending us unreasonable demands and try to trash our reputation online.

BTW: Our legal department is still waiting for your lawyer to contact us.

Your post is a joke as I have documentation of all of our communication. Once again you've proven you have zero ethics and are willing to blatantly lie. I ask you to contact our lawyer for future communications, he'll be contacting you.

You should verse yourself on EU law. You are responsible for all defects for 2 years at no cost to the client, that means traveling to the machine if removing it costs the client. For 6 months, all defects are assumed to be manufacturer's. You decided not to act, to make false promises while we lost money. We fixed the machines without your help but at great cost to us.

By the way, everyone I've talked to have had nothing but problems with you.

To be honest I've never even seen a Genesis machine in person. They are the most widespread ATM out there but you'd have to talk to an operator that owns one. I've never been interested in Bitcoin maximalists, they don't seem to want to play fair when it comes to competition. Since Genesis doesn't add any other coins at a decent rate, I've avoided them. I'm just suggesting the community hire Genesis to make an update to their machines can carry Dash, that would give a Dash a lot more access to ATMs.

Lamassu has a decent ATM with Dash enabled, they are pricey and the style seems a bit dated to be honest. Larger screens are better aesthetically.

Hi Savoyard,

We're currently researching DASH ATMs for our proposal––DASH as Title Sponsor and 'Official Payment Partner' of the 2018 San Francisco Marathon.

We plan to install a machine at the Race Expo and elsewhere to show real-world adoption. We read the thread, but wonder which supplier you now recommend if not GB?

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...title-sponsor-official-payment-partner.28738/

Thank you.

Hi Savoyard,

We're currently researching DASH ATMs for our proposal––DASH as Title Sponsor and 'Official Payment Partner' of the 2018 San Francisco Marathon.

We plan to install a machine at the Race Expo and elsewhere to show real-world adoption. We read the thread, but wonder which supplier you now recommend if not GB?

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...title-sponsor-official-payment-partner.28738/

Thank you.
Hello Household Name,

Currently, the only other ATM manufacturer that supports Dash is Lamassu. Their machines seem over-priced and aren't aesthetically our favorite but they may be functional. There may be a fairly easy solution to this. We're working on long-term solutions that will expand the community's ability to control what coins and exchange they use. At the same time, provide strong competition that can put bad actors out of business. That project is more long-term though. We now have information on how many ATMs are "produced" and we think we can come up with a solution.

Currently, Dash does not function at all on our machines. Kraken API never worked but hotwallet buy and sell did. I paid SilentLennie to install and fix the wallet on our server, but the "Dash update" from General Bytes made it non-functional.

Currently zero General Bytes 2-way ATMs support Dash according to CoinATMRadar. General Bytes is lying and scamming Dash. The hotwallet was broken by their Dash update and Kraken API still doesn't work.

It's ok though, they won't survive the real competition.

Hello Household Name,

Currently, the only other ATM manufacturer that supports Dash is Lamassu. Their machines seem over-priced and aren't aesthetically our favorite but they may be functional. There may be a fairly easy solution to this. We're working on long-term solutions that will expand the community's ability to control what coins and exchange they use. At the same time, provide strong competition that can put bad actors out of business. That project is more long-term though. We now have information on how many ATMs are "produced" and we think we can come up with a solution.

Currently, Dash does not function at all on our machines. Kraken API never worked but hotwallet buy and sell did. I paid SilentLennie to install and fix the wallet on our server, but the "Dash update" from General Bytes made it non-functional.

Hi Savoyard––

Thanks for the advice. It looks like Lamassu is the way to go as they support DASH.

https://lamassu.is/products/
https://cointelegraph.com/news/dash...to-bitcoin-offered-by-the-lamassu-atm-project

We'll reach out to them and let you know our experience.

I have been an old customer for years and loved their host-self policy but now they have imposed a charge on those who have a self-host server under penalty of unavailable updates. Too bad they declared 2 free updates per year for the old owners (never arrived in 2020) ... They disappointed me now I am forced to sell my machine and look for another company or maybe it would be better to auto production.

Do not buy ATM from GeneralBytes because they change their terms and apply taxes by not respecting the contracts with their old customers and they will no longer give you the opportunity to make updates unless you pay all the invoices even past.

We can co-operate a private general bytes CAS server. I still operate from a private server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back