• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Partner With High Traffic Media Brand

Mike Sygula

This proposal is live now, you can vote on it here

Sponsor Truth Theory Media for 12 part video series, sitewide sponsorship and dedicated Dash content.

First draft version of the teaser to view (beginning):

Ending teaser:

Summary

Truth Theory want to partner with Dash to help grow both of our platforms and challenge the current unfair and unstable power structure. We are proposing sponsorship for a 12 part series of open letter videos (and articles) addressing much of societies problems we are currently facing. The core theme of the videos will be how all of these issues have links to the financial system and how Dash can work as part of the solution. The series will be produced by our award-winning film director Marko Randelovic.

Alongside this, we are also offering dedicated content, site wide sponsorship and branding on all our videos and content which reaches tens of millions of viewers a month.

About Truth Theory

"Truth Theory are new media facilitating the empowerment of humanity using honest, solution based and thought provoking ideas"

Truththeory.com is a digital media brand which was established in 2010. Since its inception, we have had over 100 million page views, with 43 million of those views in the last 12 months due to rebranding and refining our message.

Our rebranding was to shift focus largely towards solutions, instead of problems and to provide uplifting content. This also included a heavy focus on the creation of video content which gained us nearly 205 million views in the last year. We created a new concept which is that of New Media - we believe if we label ourselves as alternative, we will always remain an alternative to the mainstream, this is why we have coined the term “New Media” to replace the outdated “Old Media” paradigm. To learn more about it click here

Our Team:
team slide .png

view

What We Bring To Dash

We believe that Dash is a perfect match for our community. Our following has 45% based in the US, with nearly 22% coming from the UK, Canada and Australia. Our biggest city demographic is London UK, where we are based, and our followers are people looking for solutions to the current issues the world is facing. Our viewers are made up largely of activists and freethinkers, with many becoming interested in the crypto space, due to its massive growth and media coverage over the last year.
Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 19.52.17.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 19.52.38.png

Truth Theory Numbers:

205mln video views on Facebook (In the last 12 months)
43mln pageviews on our website (In the last 12 months)
1.7mln fans on Facebook
17.7k fans on Instagram
20.8k followers on Twitter
26k email subscribers
Facebook partnerships with several leading influencers totaling tens of millions of followers
Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 19.58.51.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 11.36.40.png

Dash will Receive:

1. Exclusive sponsorship of our 12 part video series called “Open Letters To Humanity” pilot episode trailer will be available when the proposal goes live.
Episodes will include:

(Pilot) An Open Letter To All Of Humanity

Then focus on:

The Education System

The Financial System

Media

Sexuality

Work Life

Politics

The Legal System

Science

The Environment

Healthcare

Privatisation

The theme of the videos is the intrinsic link to the financial system and without being overly promotional - How Dash is a potential solution.

2. A dedicated “Open Letters To Humanity” solutions page with Dash being featured.

3. Exclusive branding of all video content produced by Truth Theory (at least 20 videos per month). All video content produced over the next 3 months will have a “Powered by Dash” watermark and outro with a link to our dedicated Dash page

4. Banner ads on our website. The different banners will have a link to different pages so we can reach people who have a different understanding of Dash and cryptocurrency.

- First banner: “Comparing Bitcoin with Dash” and redirecting readers to a dedicated page listing all the benefits of Dash (link) The reason? We believe many people recognize Bitcoin, but don’t know what Dash is. We want to capture their attention and show how Dash is solving many issues Bitcoin cannot.
(screenshot here)

- Second banner: “Will Cryptocurrencies destroy banks?” This will be linked with a web page explaining how decentralized technologies like blockchain have potential to replace banks and how Dash is playing a significant role in this revolution.
(screenshot here)

- The third banner will be sending people to Dash.org directly.
(screenshot here)

1. We will write 2 dedicated articles per month about Dash, how to buy it, how to use the wallet, what are the benefits, how it is different etc. We can create article ideas and have the Dash community approve them before writing.

2. We will provide a monthly KPI report.

Dash will have sponsorship on all content created in the next 3 months, with an estimated 50 million impressions on content sponsored by Dash.

Budget (Estimate)

Dash will have sponsorship on all content created in the next 3 months, with an estimated 50 million impressions.
Budget (Estimate)
The investment will be to sponsor our video series, expand our team and replace revenue streams provided by our current advertising partners.
Open letter video series (12 episodes) $99,000 (over 3 payments of $33,000)
Site wide and video sponsorship $45,000 per month
(Total estimated reach is 50 million views/impressions)
Costs will cover our team of writers, video editors, technical team, social media managers, acquisition of traffic, hosting, security and licences.

At the current price ($393.83) 200 Dash per month for 3 months
We have an audience that are very much looking for solutions to the world's problems. We also have a diverse team who have skills in creative, marketing and traffic acquisition: we believe that we can not only bring banner impressions to Dash, but create a campaign that will educate and raise awareness of what Dash is and give the Dash community a return on its investment.

We have an audience that are very much looking for solutions to the world's problems. We also have a diverse team who have skills in creative, marketing and traffic acquisition: we believe that we can not only bring banner impressions to Dash, but create a campaign that will raise awareness of what Dash is and give the Dash community a return on its investment.

We are also looking for a longer term sponsorship should the first 3 months be a mutually beneficial partnership. We are open for questions and either myself (Mike Sygula) or Luke Miller will answer any that you have.

Last edited:
You should consider requesting for a small amount first and showing results before asking for 100+ dash.

Asking for a small amount with improve your changes of getting funded. Many similar proposals in the running..

I like the concept. I'm not sure about the price. In any case, please work out some sort of escrow if you decide to move forward with a proposal.

EDIT: Would you also be willing to create Spanish and Portuguese subtitled versions of your videos? This would add great value to your proposal, and help to bring more information to some of the countries that truly need to escape their poorly managed fiat, such as Venezuela. French subtitles would help large parts of Africa as well.

Last edited:
I like the concept. I'm not sure about the price. In any case, please work out some sort of escrow if you decide to move forward with a proposal.

EDIT: Would you also be willing to create Spanish and Portuguese subtitled versions of your videos? This would add great value to your proposal, and help to bring more information to some of the countries that truly need to escape their poorly managed fiat, such as Venezuela. French subtitles would help large parts of Africa as well.

Creating versions with subtitles shouldn't be an issue!

Creating versions with subtitles shouldn't be an issue!

In that case I would vote yes. I hope you get more feedback. I would also suggest waiting for more feedback before proceeding, ideally wait for the next funding cycle, and submit it early. And having escrow worked out will help to gain more Yes votes.

In that case I would vote yes. I hope you get more feedback. I would also suggest waiting for more feedback before proceeding, ideally wait for the next funding cycle, and submit it early. And having escrow worked out will help to gain more Yes votes.

Thanks for all the tips, we are happy to sign some contract or do escrow as an alternative.

You should consider requesting for a small amount first and showing results before asking for 100+ dash.

Asking for a small amount with improve your changes of getting funded. Many similar proposals in the running..
Thanks for your feedback, all suggestions are welcomed :)

We could also make the files available to anyone who has an audience in these regions. Meaning we could offer the script and video files and they could record in their language and upload to their channels.

For me, price is too high. Would like to see a smaller project first.

Thanks for the advice GrandMasterDash, I am hoping we can win you over. Currently, we produce high-quality content daily and consistently deliver in our numbers (reaching millions every month). We have managed to grow our platform when many have been losing considerable reach, something we achieved through adapting to changes which were out of our control. All this has also been done with the money we have generated through our platform (without investment).

With sponsorship, we will bring considerable exposure to Dash, and also produce something relatable in the video series without it being overly promotional. Many previously funded similar projects have been done so without the track record we have and a far small audience. We have a proven record of delivering results and a true dream team of multi-talented individuals.

With Google and Facebook stopping ads relating to Crypto I think there is a huge need for Dash to have a media presence. Couple this with the fact that we would rather not run Google and Facebook ads on our platform, I think it is a great merge.

As for the video series, our director is an award-winning director and our advisor has worked with Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Matthew McConaughey, Anthony Hopkins and Nicole Kidman just in his last few films. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0825877/

We are not saying this to brag, but just to let you know that you are working with a legitimate team of people, who will deliver. With this in mind, we would love any feedback, critique or way you think we can improve.

Thanks for your pre-proposal. I have no doubt you can definitely deliver on your proposal nor that the quality of your productions is very high. We're currently in talks with and/or actively funding some other media engagements, and there is much debate as to the return on investment compared to broader advertisement structures (ads, etc). With the recent announcement that many of these broad, automated avenues may be closed to us in the near future, having media outlets with extant viewer bases that are already primed and/or receptive to technologies and messages like ours will be essential as you rightly point out. I will admit I have some concerns over just how relevant Dash and its goals are to your platform, so maybe you could go a bit more in to detail about--apart from being a decentralized source of funding that will not exert creative pressures or censorship on you--why you're coming to Dash in particular and how you feel exposure on your platform will lead to a greater use and integration of Dash? So for example, how do you foresee your average viewer encountering the inclusion of Dash and information about it deciding to wanting to learn more and actually participating in the Dash ecosystem?

As I said, we're starting to see a lot of proposals that are at least functionally similar to yours, and there is a lot of criticism in terms of ROI and KPI vs other methods. While I'm somewhat in your corner in the sense that I don't think the typical KPI automatically translate in to widespread adoption or use of Dash and that we'll also need a social presence and personalities and advocates in order to achieve that, what do you feel that your proposal brings to our network over others?

Thanks for your pre-proposal. I have no doubt you can definitely deliver on your proposal nor that the quality of your productions is very high. We're currently in talks with and/or actively funding some other media engagements, and there is much debate as to the return on investment compared to broader advertisement structures (ads, etc). With the recent announcement that many of these broad, automated avenues may be closed to us in the near future, having media outlets with extant viewer bases that are already primed and/or receptive to technologies and messages like ours will be essential as you rightly point out. I will admit I have some concerns over just how relevant Dash and its goals are to your platform, so maybe you could go a bit more in to detail about--apart from being a decentralized source of funding that will not exert creative pressures or censorship on you--why you're coming to Dash in particular and how you feel exposure on your platform will lead to a greater use and integration of Dash? So for example, how do you foresee your average viewer encountering the inclusion of Dash and information about it deciding to wanting to learn more and actually participating in the Dash ecosystem?

As I said, we're starting to see a lot of proposals that are at least functionally similar to yours, and there is a lot of criticism in terms of ROI and KPI vs other methods. While I'm somewhat in your corner in the sense that I don't think the typical KPI automatically translate in to widespread adoption or use of Dash and that we'll also need a social presence and personalities and advocates in order to achieve that, what do you feel that your proposal brings to our network over others?

Thanks, Arthyron for your questions. We thought about it a lot and decided that offering banner impressions (as many similar projects do), might not be sufficient to educate people about Dash. Therefore, we have a range of marketing products that will help our community to understand Dash more. For example, the banners we offer will be connected with dedicated pages that teach people about Dash. (here is an example) Many people recognize Bitcoin so we wanted to show how Dash is better and compare it, with something people can easily recognize (article attached to the banner here). Another aspect of our campaign is to have 2 articles per month educating people about Dash, things like how to use wallets, how to purchase it etc.

Next is our Open Letter Series, this part of our campaign is designed to evoke emotional response educating people about the root cause of most of the problems in society (the financial system) and how decentralized currencies with Dash, in particular, are part of the solution, to bringing power back to the people. The series has a strong viral potential and will be linked with a dedicated page educating people about Dash. Our typical audience are activists, libertarians, hippies, anarchists, freethinkers and changemakers.

We noticed that in our community, over the last 10 months, there has been a massive growth in interest in blockchain and crypto. We see it all around us on social media, people who run similar sites are also constantly talking about it. This particular group are the right audience to learn more about Dash. When you live in this bubble, surrounded by those type of people, you might think that everyone is waking up to crypto, but not really. Most people might have heard about Bitcoin but that’s all. Only techies, programmers, activists and traders are really into it. I have spoken with many random people, taxi drivers, local barbers etc, they would ask questions like, “is Bitcoin some kind of gambling” or “is it some scam” so obviously most people still don’t know much about it.

I would say that running a marketing campaign on our platform might be more beneficial than doing it with, for example: a cryptocurrency blog, because people who go to these sites most likely know about Dash already and we want to expose new people to it, who are interested in the concept and what decentralisation can bring or heard about Bitcoin only, but may not be educated on how Dash is superior.

To further answer your question on why we decided to team up with Dash. We see blockchain and decentralization as a part of solutions to current world problems, and this is our main focus with our content. It gives power back to the people and creates competition for some of the most corrupted and unethical entities on the planet, banks and governments. Our message is very much aligned with this type of approach and matching with a cryptocurrency is the best match we can think of. It is a complex subject for newcomers and also needs more exposure, therefore we want to bring it to our audience and think we can do so in a more simplified way.

We have been seriously interested in the crypto space for the last year and learned that Dash is looking for ways to promote their product, so saw it as a good match. We learned about all the advantages it has and think this will benefit our brand as well as Dash network.

We could also make the files available to anyone who has an audience in these regions. Meaning we could offer the script and video files and they could record in their language and upload to their channels.

That is an option, but for the price of this proposal I would like to see something from your team that would serve English, Spanish, Portuguese, and French speakers included in this package.

That is an option, but for the price of this proposal I would like to see something from your team that would serve English, Spanish, Portuguese, and French speakers included in this package.

If this is something there is a demand and it is seen as a valuable addition then we can do it for sure :)

Hello, interesting proposal! As Unstoppable mentioned, you should consider using an escrow service (it is recommended for new proposals asking over $75.000). You can contact GreenCandle, Core Escrow, InstantKarmafund or Demo Incubators (there are the escrow companies that I know).

Is there any possibilty that you post 1 "test" video in order to see how is the Dash logo be included? In this way the community can evaluate your work!

@Mike Sygula -- Thanks for taking the time to elaborate and elucidate your intentions and also for re-evaluating your proposal to be more beneficial for everyone involved. I'm looking forward to seeing how your "open letter" sample comes out.

@Mike Sygula -- Thanks for taking the time to elaborate and elucidate your intentions and also for re-evaluating your proposal to be more beneficial for everyone involved. I'm looking forward to seeing how your "open letter" sample comes out.
Here is one of the first drafts, let us know your thoughts. Please note that this is just short sample
Beginning:

Ending:

Last edited:
Hello, interesting proposal! As Unstoppable mentioned, you should consider using an escrow service (it is recommended for new proposals asking over $75.000). You can contact GreenCandle, Core Escrow, InstantKarmafund or Demo Incubators (there are the escrow companies that I know).

Is there any possibilty that you post 1 "test" video in order to see how is the Dash logo be included? In this way the community can evaluate your work!
Hey, here is one of the first drafts, just a short sample a lot will be imrpoved, please let us know your thoughts:
Beginning:

Ending:

Last edited:
Back