• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Quantum is here, should we be worried?

Dash will have to switch to quantum proof algorithms other than that there should be no impact on Dash.
And i think there is still a bit of time to do that but yea we should probably start thinking about that now.

We have time till the middle of the 30s but having the new algorithm developed in the next years would bring a lot of confidence.

we need Core to comment here @kot if you could give us your two duffs, please mate.
Is this a concern for DASH in the current state and Evolution?
How can DASH be adapted realistically to protect against this?
Does a change mean we will need quantum capable miners?
Sorry guys this is way beyond me, so I am asking the questions because we need a plan.

With regards to the privacy aspect, Dash's method is far far more resistant to attack by quantum computing than Monero. Monero's privacy strategy is a first clase use case for QC. Once achieved, the QC attack will reveal every transaction on their blockchain in a single fell swoop.

If such an attack is "successful" on a Dash transaction, that's all they get, one transaction.

With regards to the privacy aspect, Dash's method is far far more resistant to attack by quantum computing than Monero. Monero's privacy strategy is a first clase use case for QC. Once achieved, the QC attack will reveal every transaction on their blockchain in a single fell swoop.

If such an attack is "successful" on a Dash transaction, that's all they get, one transaction.
As detrimental as it is for privacy, it may be a positive for DASH over other privacy coins. It is concerning though considering passwords and web connections. All protections as we know it will be breakable.
I believe it is wrong to think this is a distant thing before it becomes mainstream, we only have to glance at how quickly hardware and software are evolving.
Also, will we be stuck in the middle and everything is broken by power players until this becomes mainstream and we can mine using quantum?

we need Core to comment here @kot if you could give us your two duffs, please mate.
Is this a concern for DASH in the current state and Evolution?
How can DASH be adapted realistically to protect against this?
Does a change mean we will need quantum capable miners?
Sorry guys this is way beyond me, so I am asking the questions because we need a plan.

I am afraid this is beyond my area of expertise and I would not feel comfortable providing opinion. I have never been into mining and not even close to quantum computing. I would prefer to hear much more competent voices e.g. @flare ot our friends from China

I am afraid this is beyond my area of expertise and I would not feel comfortable providing opinion. I have never been into mining and not even close to quantum computing. I would prefer to hear much more competent voices e.g. @flare ot our friends from China
Thanks, hopefully @flare can chime in asap.

Does anyone care about this? Quantum is the crypto killer in its current state. I would say this is a little q-bit important hey?

if QC becomes real , every thing built on internet will be doomed, not just Dash . if internet gets f**ed, I would want to pile up on Guns, not worry about which crypto to use, come on guys we are thinking way too far ahead here. QC proof algos are already there and more will be developed soon, don't worry much about it.

And yes, don't forget to spend more money on useful advertising instead of hiring a cryptographer right now @demo what say

if QC becomes real , every thing built on internet will be doomed, not just Dash . if internet gets f**ed, I would want to pile up on Guns, not worry about which crypto to use, come on guys we are thinking way too far ahead here. QC proof algos are already there and more will be developed soon, don't worry much about it.

And yes, don't forget to spend more money on useful advertising instead of hiring a cryptographer right now @demo what say

Development is very important and crucial. Suppose with a superb advertising campaign you manage to bring 70 million people into Dash. Is the code of Dash capable to support these numbers and the transactions of these 70 million people? Dont look up in the sky, before looking down to the soil you are standing on.

Quantum Cryptography is real, and rumors are saying that it is capable to break RSA. If this is the case, the FIRST victim will be the cryptocurrencies, then the rest internet. Cryptocurrencies will be the first to be doomed, because quantum computers are expensive and will be operated by agents and states, and not by ordinary hackers. Thats why hiring a decent cryptographer is crucial, IMHO. Rumors are also saying that some cryptographers have already the remedy against quantum computers.

Last edited:
I am worried too, but they say maybe quantum computer only will available 5 or 10 years later, so make sure you convert your cryptocurrency to some assets such as house or something before it appear

Post-quantum cryptography will be a major change, but the industry has been through several significant cryptographic updates in the last 10 years: SHA-1, MD-5, RSA-1024, and Dual Elliptic Curve DRGB all had to be replaced by incompatible alternatives. Replacing RSA-2048 encryption with, for example, a suitable quantum-safe NTRU implementation would just be another such update.

Dafont Showbox Adam4adam

Last edited:
Back