• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: We Are Change!

would you vote yes on this

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LukeWeAreChange

NEW PROPOSAL 3/16/2018

We Are Change

Established in 2006, We Are Change is more than just a news outlet with a half a million YouTube subscribers and even more followers on Facebook. We provide a home for activists to meet, grow, and take action and benefit communities around the world.

We Are Change is headlined by independent journalist Luke Rudkowski but includes activists from around the globe. Since 2006, We Are Change has operated as a decentralized, nonpartisan news organization that has broken stories no other news outlets in the United States have had the will or freedom to cover. We Are Change shares diverse news and information as an outlet independent of antiquated systems that provides an unbiased perspective. Traveling teams expose many of the problems humanity faces every day by showing raw footage as it happens.

We Are Change has been avidly promoting cryptocurrencies since 2013 and is one of the first outlets in the world to accept Bitcoin donations and, of course, DASH. We have interviewed many of the leading voices in the cryptocurrency community, and we are teaching the world about blockchain technology when few people had even heard of it.

DASH Sponsorship Proposal

DASH has created a powerful tool for individuals to store their wealth and conduct business transactions with the liberty to privately spend their funds as they see fit. In much the same way, We Are Change is an independent news outlet that can assist people in freeing their minds through access to uncensored information and with an emphasis on personal liberty.

In light of our shared goals for individual freedom, we propose that DASH sponsor We Are Change, which has been severely censored throughout the years but still stands as one of the most popular independent news outlets in the world.

As the sole sponsor of We Are Change, DASH will be promoted exclusively in our news segments, which have a proven record of consistent viewership globally. We Are Change has accumulated over 100 million video views on YouTube alone, with similar view counts on Facebook and tens of millions of additional views as a result of other news outlets re-uploading and sharing our content.

Benefit to DASH

We Are Change is currently producing 10-15 videos a week between social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, and now even DTube exclusive content. Although our videos have been demonetized at a rapid rate on YouTube, our organic reach has been higher than current numbers. We have also circumvented demonetization in some ways by having a large presence and following on Steemit and DTube. So how do we grow, and how do we involve DASH?

First of all, We Are Change has a very proactive community when called to action, so our plan, of course, involves that community. We Are Change has always encouraged being the change one wants to see in the world, so we will be calling on our viewers to submit written, video, graphic, and even meme content directly to WRC. The best of these will then be shared with the community via our platforms. At the end of each month, the community will vote on the five best pieces of content, from there WRC will choose a winner and a runner-up, who will receive 1 and .5 Dash respectively. Everything shared on any platform will be branded in some way with the Dash logo to ensure maximum exposure.

Secondly, We Are Change would build and maintain a weekly show based on cryptocurrencies and related DASH news as well as the communities efforts and the possibilities it provides. We also plan on involving our audience with the DASH network where we give away $5 in DASH to the first 100 people in the comments who leave their wallet address, and of course, run similar promotions throughout the week on separate broadcasts.

This brings us to branding. We want to make We Are Change synonymous with Dash by embedding its logo on every piece of original content we produce, which means a minimum of 10 videos a week that have a vast and very broad reach. This ensures that your brand is seen despite Google now banning advertisements regarding cryptocurrencies. As the exclusive sponsor of one of the world's leading independent news outlets, DASH will expand its visibility and, as a result, increase its value in the minds of millions. By sponsoring We Are Change in addition to the already funded Reality Check and Truth in Media project with Ben Swann, DASH will become an online presence that will be impossible to ignore.

We hope to forge a relationship with the DASH community starting out incrementally gaining trust in the value of our brand and content. With this model, we empower individuals through information and encourage them to take action using the power of crypto.

We will be asking for 50 DASH per month on a month per month basis.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD PROPOSAL
We Are Change

Established in 2006, We Are Change is more than just a news outlet with a half a million YouTube subscribers and even more followers on Facebook. We provide a home for activists to meet, grow, and take action to benefit communities around the world.

We Are Change is headlined by independent journalist Luke Rudkowski. Since 2006, We Are Change has operated as a decentralized, nonpartisan news organization that has broken stories that no other news outlets in the United States have had the will or freedom to cover. As an outlet independent of antiquated systems that provides an unbiased political perspective, We Are Change shares diverse news and information via traveling teams, exposing many of the problems humanity faces everyday.

Our organization has 16 years of experience in journalism. When the U.S. government and the media were misrepresenting the war on terror while the families, survivors, and first responders of 9/11 were being silenced, We Are Change stepped up and shared the message of those individuals, giving them a voice.

We Are Change has been avidly promoting cryptocurrencies since 2013 and is one of the first outlets in the world to accept Bitcoin donations and, of course, DASH. We have interviewed many of the leading voices in the cryptocurrency community and were teaching the world about blockchain technology when few people had ever heard of it.

DASH Sponsorship Proposal

DASH has created a powerful tool for individuals to store their wealth and conduct business transactions with the liberty to privately spend their funds as they see fit. In much the same way, We Are Change is an independent news outlet that can assist people in freeing their minds through access to uncensored information and perspectives with an emphasis on personal liberty.

In light of our shared goals of personal freedom, we propose that DASH sponsor We Are Change, which has been severely censored throughout the years but still stands as one of the most popular independent news outlets.

As the sole sponsor of We Are Change, DASH will be promoted at least five times per week on our news segments, which have a proven record of consistent viewership around the world. We Are Change has accumulated over 100 million video views on YouTube alone, with similar view counts on Facebook and tens of millions of additional views as a result of other news outlets re-uploading and sharing our content.

Most exciting of all for We Are Change is our plan to grant a monthly endowment of around $10,000 USD each month in DASH currency to fellow change-makers. Every month, We Are Change will select a journalist or proactive organization aligned with DASH and We Are Change’s shared goals of peace and liberty, and the donation they receive will not only facilitate the adoption and awareness of DASH, but also aid the growth and success of credible alternative, decentralized media outlets. We Are Change will closely vet any independent news outlet or charity organization that wishes to participate in this funding program and reward only the most deserving candidates.

To accomplish this mission, We Are Change will travel to meet with the recipient and shoot a high-quality video showing what they are doing and ultimately empowering them with DASH, having them accept the currency on camera and open up their outlet to DASH donations.

We Are Change will involve the community in this process not only with public votes and participation but also occasional journalistic competitions. During some months, we will also award funds to the best investigative journalist.

We Are Change needs to significantly expand our staff to accomplish this goal, and we will do this with the support of the DASH community while remaining fully accountable through an independent auditor. The allotment of funds will be made transparent and will be publicly audited by a third-party accounting team separate from We Are Change.

To encourage aspiring independent journalists, We Are Change created Change Media University. With the sponsorship of DASH, C.M.U. would become free online to people worldwide and help journalists avoid the financial burden and uselessness of a college degree.

Benefit to DASH

As the exclusive sponsor of one of the world's leading independent news outlets, DASH will expand its visibility and, as a result, increase its value in the minds of millions. By sponsoring We Are Change in addition to the already funded Reality Check and Truth in Media project with Ben Swann, DASH will become an online presence that will be impossible to ignore.

The monthly DASH endowment will not only create a buzz but also content that will inspire the best and brightest journalists to do amazing work – promoting DASH in the process.

Organizations like True Manila or Abolish Slavery, which are dedicated to helping impoverished individuals, will be examples of worthy organizations. Further, other censored journalists like World Alternative Media will be some of the types of media groups we will be looking to work with and potentially reward.

We will have 260 DASH-sponsored videos per year and a minimum of five videos per week. DASH will be highlighted in all of the original content we produce, along with banner ads that will be prominently visible on our website. We currently have an estimated 20M organic video views and 200M organic social impressions. Videos will be posted on Facebook, YouTube, Dtube/Steemit, Twitter, our home page, and the many news websites that share our videos.

What You Get For The Money

We Are Change's sponsorship announcement, along with the publication of the monthly DASH giveaway, has enormous viral potential to highlight DASH’s technology, utility, and community.

DASH will be the official sponsor of We Are Change for at least two years.

We Are Change and Luke Rudkowski will travel to various cryptocurrency conferences worldwide and promote DASH. Where possible, we will give speeches about the generosity and power of the DASH community, as well as conduct live streams on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter that will feature DASH. We will interview interesting people in the DASH community and report on DASH-related news.

We Are Change will promote these events on social media beforehand and hold polls for the DASH community to help decide which events we should attend.

We Are Change's News Team

We Are Change's staff of reporters and video producers has included some of the most accomplished and talented journalists in the world. With DASH's sponsorship, We Are Change will add an internationally recognized war correspondent in the Middle East and a robust, fully staffed news team that will strive to beat the mainstream media.

We Are Change Staffing, Production, and Website costs:

(Salaries will be funded for two years)

Office Staff, Field Staff, Business Manager, Journalists, Video Editors, Editor-in-Chief, Researchers, Writers/Social Media Managers, Accountant, Independent Auditor - $716,606

Expenses will go towards:

Monthly DASH Endowment - $240,000

Studio, DSLR Cameras, and Lighting - $30,000

Air Travel and Accomodations - $250,000

TOTAL: $ 1,236,606.00

Investment: Three months at 700 DASH/month

Conversion fees and volatility are not attributed but will be taken out of the staff budget if needed. For full transparency of the funds allocation, an independent auditor will be retained to publish records of We Are Change's expenditures for the DASH community to view on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Wow. A lot to take in here. I admire your work Luke... but I'm wondering if there would be a watering down effect if Dash were to sponsor 2 similar alt media personalities at the same time.

I hate to be the first person to comment on something as potentially big as this, so lets hear from some others in the Dash Community.

Wow. A lot to take in here. I admire your work Luke... but I'm wondering if there would be a watering down effect if Dash were to sponsor 2 similar alt media personalities at the same time.

I hate to be the first person to comment on something as potentially big as this, so lets hear from some others in the Dash Community.

I don't think so, I and Ben have two different styles. He reaches the older professional types while I reach the younger rebellious audience. Plus this project is a bit different than his and we (i and ben) actually talked about this on the Crypto show with Danny Sessions. I will link you to a reply when I find it.

thanks for the feedback, excited to hear more from everyone.

Hmm....

Thanks for the reply Luke. I don't mean to give you a hard time here but I am trying to be dis-passionate.

A pilot of a red bull flying display team might say something similar about different flying styles and audiences if campaigning for Dash sponsorship of his air racing team. But, I'm pretty sure the Dash Community would say, thanks but we've already got the Dash Airplane sponsorship covered with Dash Racer Scott Farnsworth.

Now, I'm not saying this is an identical situation to you and Ben, and Luke I do see value in your proposition, im just posing questions here for your consideration.

The other concern I would like you to address is the very real (and frankly disgusting) possible threat posed by YouTube's recent spree of deleting politically 'incorrect' channels.

If this happens to you, then what happens to the value of the Dash investment?

It's a major risk for Dash wouldn't you agree?

Hmm....

Thanks for the reply Luke. I don't mean to give you a hard time here but I am trying to be dis-passionate.

A pilot of a red bull flying display team might say something similar about different flying styles and audiences if campaigning for Dash sponsorship of his air racing team. But, I'm pretty sure the Dash Community would say, thanks but we've already got the Dash Airplane sponsorship covered with Dash Racer Scott Farnsworth.

Now, I'm not saying this is an identical situation to you and Ben, and Luke I do see value in your proposition, im just posing questions here for your consideration.

The other concern I would like you to address is the very real (and frankly disgusting) possible threat posed by YouTube's recent spree of deleting politically 'incorrect' channels.

If this happens to you, then what happens to the value of the Dash investment?

It's a major risk for Dash wouldn't you agree?

hey I'm asking for a lot, so feel free to question and ask me anything, I don't see it as a hard time.

I would say we reach different audiences and that it would be a benefit to everyone, especially the way how our project is different than Ben's.

If youtube takes us down, we have a brand name that has been around for over 15 years with a dedicated audience base. This would actually create a bigger buzz around our news organization and generate a ton of PR. We have been preparing for this and have a back plan ready, already we have a massive email list of our subscribers and also an impressive presence on Facebook that is just as big. Plus twitter, Dtube and Steemit have been platforms that we have been using for quite a while.

Regardless it would not stop us in our work and efforts.

hey I'm asking for a lot, so feel free to question and ask me anything, I don't see it as a hard time.

I would say we reach different audiences and that it would be a benefit to everyone, especially the way how our project is different than Ben's.

If youtube takes us down, we have a brand name that has been around for over 15 years with a dedicated audience base. This would actually create a bigger buzz around our news organization and generate a ton of PR. We have been preparing for this and have a back plan ready, already we have a massive email list of our subscribers and also an impressive presence on Facebook that is just as big. Plus twitter, Dtube and Steemit have been platforms that we have been using for quite a while.

Regardless it would not stop us in our work and efforts.
Those would seem to be reasonable responses Luke. I wish you well. Now, I will stand aside for others to ask questions.

Good luck.

:)

You are asking for alot of money for an uncertain return. Additionally you seem to have a history misusing funds (stupid video but the claims seem credible), and to cap it off you seem to be a leader in the movement to try and prove 9/11 was an inside job.

I'm gonna have to give this one a hard pass.

You are asking for alot of money for an uncertain return. Additionally you seem to have a history misusing funds (stupid video but the claims seem credible), and to cap it off you seem to be a leader in the movement to try and prove 9/11 was an inside job.

Don't worry bout this guy - he was also negative about Ben Swann's proposal and any "controversial" subject matter.
Most reasonable people know 9/11 is fishy at the least.
In fact your 9/11 video woke me up and helped bring me to Dash, so thanks.

Very interesting, but more than a million dollars a month quite a huge amount.

I just checked the Dash price and we are not yet again at ATH. C'mon man don't play me like that!
Please check your calculator.
This is for 2 years!

I'm still thinking about this, Luke.

Thanks for bringing this opportunity to us!

Very interesting, but more than a million dollars a month quite a huge amount.

hey thank you so much for your feedback, hearing similar concerns on the discord.

So I think we will do a pay as you go system with a 100 dash per month or a longer 6 month 350 dash proposal. Which one do you think would work best.

I still have the idea of making this go viral with the numbers and get people excited about our endowment and its possibilities but I'll let the community decide what we should do.

oh lordy you used that video against me, hmmmmm
Those claims against me are unsubstantiated and false. Yes after 9/11 I did work personally with 9/11 family members, survivors, and rescue workers predominately calling for a new proper investigation as well as healthcare for our dying rescue workers. None of these people believe these claims against me and we worked well together while doing a lot of needed work.

We actually mentioned that in our proposal and don't hide from that fact.

With the feedback we are hearing, we don't really need the money upfront so we may do pay as you go deal with DASH, so our work could speak for itself.

his guy - he was also negative about Ben Swann's proposal and any "controversial" subject matter.
Most reasonable people know 9/11 is fishy at the least.
In fact your 9/11 video woke me up and helped bring me to Dash, so thanks.
oh wow thank you so much, I hope people realize that this is still a work in progress and we are very flexible with what we officially propose. Thinking of doing either a 6 month 350 dash bid or 100 dash per month bid. Which one do you think would work best for us?

or do you have any other ideas?

hey thank you so much for your feedback, hearing similar concerns on the discord.

So I think we will do a pay as you go system with a 100 dash per month or a longer 6 month 350 dash proposal. Which one do you think would work best.

I still have the idea of making this go viral with the numbers and get people excited about our endowment and its possibilities but I'll let the community decide what we should do.

Whichever way you do it you will need to keep a budget and rollover the funds every month. The best thing to do would be to escrow it. The Dash Core group may be able to help with that but if not Dash Force can escrow it for free but we would need to work on the exact details. The proposal is quite expensive so there may need to be changes made, the community will make more suggestions i'm sure.

Whichever way you do it you will need to keep a budget and rollover the funds every month. The best thing to do would be to escrow it. The Dash Core group may be able to help with that but if not Dash Force can escrow it for free but we would need to work on the exact details. The proposal is quite expensive so there may need to be changes made, the community will make more suggestions i'm sure.
I like the idea, i'm all in

Hey everybody Jason Bermas here, introducing myself to everyone. Those recently familiar with WeAreChange may know about me since I have been working with them in a limited capacity since June, however starting in less than a week I will be going full time. I am a documentary filmmaker, a former talk show host, an activist, but most importantly a human being who does not believe in the idea of Right vs Left, but Right vs Wrong. I offer all my films for free and encourage everyone to check them out on YouTube. The films I have written and directed are Fabled Enemies, Invisible Empire, and Shade The Motion Picture, as well as being a Producer for Loose Change. I will provide links when I have posted enough times to do so.

I think the main thing people may be missing about our proposal compared to say Ben Swann, is that Ben Swann is a persona who puts together short very well produced pieces that are smart and well produced. This is great and he does an amazing job, however we are trying to build something that is much less personality based, that is live daily, with periodic well produced pieces, hence rivaling Networks such as The Young Turks, Infowars, and Vice all at once. Now I realize this is a tall order, however I have vast experience in many types of video production, as well as digital marketing having worked for an MSP company for sometime as well, and I don't like to fail...I promise that if given the opportunity the proper staff will be hired, daily productions will begin within the first month of funding, and a much more interactive based news outlet will begin to grow.

I realize everyone's concerns about the network being pulled from YouTube and censored, but no matter what WRC has been around for A VERY LONG TIME, and it will endure. I have known Luke since before he founded the organization and I have nothing but admiration for the work he has done in the past, and it will be by taking pieces from the first model of WRC, while utilizing our current audience and available technology that we can build something that can hopefully help change the world for the better.

The updates to the budget are, I believe, much more amenable and much easier for MNOs to swallow when it comes to voting (requirements tend to grow much more stringent the more you ask for at once).

I've been following your work for probably over a decade now, and you've done a lot of great stuff, been on the front lines of some very important topics and events in recent history and your reach and the benefit to the network is clearly huge.

I do have some reservations about some of the company you've kept over the years, though, the Alex Jones types and conspiracy theorists and the like. Being associated with people like that could easily turn in to bad press for Dash, not to mention some of the actual harm some of these people have done on a personal level, not really people I with which I want to be involved or responsible for in any way. I would never want to suggest censorship or controlling the content you produce, but I just wanted you to be aware of that reservation and that I'm probably not the only one.

Hello! I've seen lots of concerns about the investment, but actually it is for 2 years. Maybe with a escrow could get MNO's trust. Best of luck

Hello Luke. I did not know you before (I am from Venezuela and I think your channel is more for Americans and Europeans), I have made my research and it is quite impressive what you have done, congratulations and thanks for taking the time to think and work in a pre proposal for Dash. I have this question: You say that your public is different to Ben's, could you please give more details of this? Like a demographic description (gender, age, location, etc)

Thank you very much!

Hello! I've seen lots of concerns about the investment, but actually it is for 2 years. Maybe with a escrow could get MNO's trust. Best of luck
I know the money and timeline seem like a lot for people, but with staffing and getting a major project like this up and running i really didnt see how to it any other way. Right now we are waiting to hear back about doing the escrow, to fill everyone in on what we are doing. which i think is a great idea.

The updates to the budget are, I believe, much more amenable and much easier for MNOs to swallow when it comes to voting (requirements tend to grow much more stringent the more you ask for at once).

I've been following your work for probably over a decade now, and you've done a lot of great stuff, been on the front lines of some very important topics and events in recent history and your reach and the benefit to the network is clearly huge.

I do have some reservations about some of the company you've kept over the years, though, the Alex Jones types and conspiracy theorists and the like. Being associated with people like that could easily turn in to bad press for Dash, not to mention some of the actual harm some of these people have done on a personal level, not really people I with which I want to be involved or responsible for in any way. I would never want to suggest censorship or controlling the content you produce, but I just wanted you to be aware of that reservation and that I'm probably not the only one.

wow, thanks so much for being with us for over a decade.

Your right to have these concerns and I totally understand where they are coming from. Just so you know me and Alex Jones have gone our separate ways in 2011 because of business and ideological differences. I have been very critical of them in recent years especially when it comes to their journalism and have been vocal about it on my youtube channel.

I was recently interviewed about conspiracy's, my ideology and even my connection with Alex Jones in this video
I feel like if you would watch it, you would get rid of the reservations. Hopefully, if I'm wrong LMK.

thanks so much
Luke

Back