• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Take Dash's flag to the top of Mt EVEREST

criptoanarquist

Hello Dash Network. My name is Alejandro Veintimilla. I am an experienced mountainclimber, a Youtube vlogger (my channel name is Academia BlockChain) and a dash enthusiast. I am going to Kathmandu on April - May this year to climb some high peaks. I don't have the budget to climb Mt. Everest, if the Dash network decides it is good value for money, I would be more than happy to take Dash's flag to the top of the world.

First. A little about me.

I have being climbing mountains since I was little, I am one of the youngest persons to have climbed Cotopaxi, the highest active volcano in the world (6000mts). Since then I haven't stopped climbing. I am 29 years old, fit and ready to go to the highest of all mountiains.

iliniza_pic.jpg

I would like to point that other companies do consider their flag on the top of Everest to be something valuable and worth investing into.

I think you could market this to the community of crypto adapters as an example of how engaged and devoted to Dash are the people that have being in the field for a while and that understand the market.

Last. I plan to keep my Youtube channel growing. I have given 6 conferences in Ecuador, Argentina and Cambodia about the blockchain and its impact. I am a python developer and an economist. I market myself as a crypto expert since I understand the technology and the economic principles that surround it. My impact in the spanish speaking Internet will keep growing. Having taken Dash's flag to the top of the world is something that will make it clear (now and in the future) how much I support the Dash network and the idea behind it.

foto_charla2.JPG

Climbing Mt Everests costs around $50.000 . About 80 Dash at current price.

Last edited:
This is just a pre-proposal. I will be submitting a real one anyway next week. Just wanted to get your feedback. Any advice will help.

Before plunking down your fee to submit an official proposal, you should hold off for a while until you get substantial feedback from the community.

How much Dash would you be asking for? What is the expected ROI (Return on Investment)?

We could certainly use more high quality spanish content. How hard it is to add english subtitles to your youtube videos? Most Masternode owners are not spanish speakers, so they will have a hard time evaluating the quality of your content.

In the larger context, I would like to see all Dash content have the option of subtitles so that the content is at least available to those speaking Spanish and English. In the long term, I'd like to see content in the top 6 or 8 languages on most/all Dash content. If you want to take over the world, you have to be able to talk to the world.

To really improve your chances of getting a proposal to pass, you should get to know the community and give us a chance to get to know you. This will also help you promote your Youtube channel. At the moment, your videos have a few hundred views. The value of your proposal would be much higher if it had many thousands of views and the content were also available to english speakers.

There are three major Dash forums you should participate in.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/

Here, of course. You know about that one already, and...

the DashNation over on Discord. Here is an invitation to join:

https://discordapp.com/invite/9z8zX5j

Hi solarguy, thanks a lot for your answer. Indeed my videos have a few hundred views, one they they will have thousands. Does my videos matter too much. This proposal is about a mountainclimber, a crypto enthusiast, taking Dash's flag to the top of the world. I completely understand that I could increase my participation in those forums and it would be better if my videos had english subtitles. But the Everest season is April and May, before the winds come. If it is about a picture and a video of Dash's flag on the top of the world, and not about my content, then I think I should submit the proposal sometime soon. Do you think there is any realistic chance of the masternodes accepting it?

You need a couple of posting around to be available to post links.
Looking forward your proposal +1
Get on to DISCORD where Dash community comes --> dashchat.org

Hi solarguy, thanks a lot for your answer. Indeed my videos have a few hundred views, one they they will have thousands. Does my videos matter too much. This proposal is about a mountainclimber, a crypto enthusiast, taking Dash's flag to the top of the world. I completely understand that I could increase my participation in those forums and it would be better if my videos had english subtitles. But the Everest season is April and May, before the winds come. If it is about a picture and a video of Dash's flag on the top of the world, and not about my content, then I think I should submit the proposal sometime soon. Do you think there is any realistic chance of the masternodes accepting it?

That's the big question. That's the main purpose of having a full and robust conversation with the community before plunking down 5 Dash to submit a proposal. That's over $3,000 at the moment. I would hate to see you lose that and get nothing in return.

How much are you asking for? Just an approximate figure for now...

That's the big question. That's the main purpose of having a full and robust conversation with the community before plunking down 5 Dash to submit a proposal. That's over $3,000 at the moment. I would hate to see you lose that and get nothing in return.

How much are you asking for? Just an approximate figure for now...

Ok thanks for that info. Climbing the Everests costs about $50.000 , 80 Dash at current price.
Added that to the initial post.

I don't doubt that Dash would derive some value for seeing the "Dash, Digital Cash" logo filmed at the top of mt. Everest. How much value would you think? This is such an esoteric marketing strategy, I have no idea of the value.

And you also would derive some value from the climb. How much of the approximate 50k cost would you contribute, if any?

thanks,

Hey criptoanarquist.
Just a fellow Dahser input here: I am sure a lot of dashers would love to see the Dash flag on top of Mount E. Just because YOLO! I know I would.
Anyway, make sure you get enough feedback on the dedicated channels before submitting an official proposal and listen to it.
When calculating the ROI of a given project is hard to do, the best way to go is adding a PR plan to maximize exposure of achievements.
Allways include a detailed budget breakdown.

Next stop on our way back to the moon... Mount Everst ;)

Haha I love this one.
Dashforcenews breaking news: "Dash attempts moon landing, fails and settles on the summit of Mt. Everest"

How would you install it there so it stays there for a long time?
Could you generate media attention?

I'd like to add a few points here:

1. We have been doing a very, very deep dive into translations as of late. We are equipped and could easily handle subtitle translations of your youtube video into any language.
2. Would ambitious and physically fit members of the dash community be invited to embark upon the expedition? I ask only for myself.
3. Would you be taking sherpas?

I don't know how to value the benefit to dash by sponsoring this. My opinion is that this money would be better spent elsewhere. Regardless of my opinion, good luck with your proposal.

I don't know how to value the benefit to dash by sponsoring this. My opinion is that this money would be better spent elsewhere. Regardless of my opinion, good luck with your proposal.
If there was some media coverage lined up by a good publicist, could easily be worth it.

I don't doubt that Dash would derive some value for seeing the "Dash, Digital Cash" logo filmed at the top of mt. Everest. How much value would you think? This is such an esoteric marketing strategy, I have no idea of the value.

And you also would derive some value from the climb. How much of the approximate 50k cost would you contribute, if any?

thanks,

I don't know how to calculate the ROI of this proposal. I'm not sure there is a clear way. It should be measured in the impact it would have on dash price or adoption. That is difficult to speculate. I will be paying for the cost of living and the airplane tickets. 50k is just for the permits and the climb.

Haha I love this one.
Dashforcenews breaking news: "Dash attempts moon landing, fails and settles on the summit of Mt. Everest"

How would you install it there so it stays there for a long time?
Could you generate media attention?

I could generate pictures and videos, I would need to hire some other company in order to generate media attention, but that is not a part of my proposal. Guess I would give the content to the company that already is in charge of Dash's marketing. The flag by itself wouldn't stay there for a second, someone has to hold it.

I'd like to add a few points here:

1. We have been doing a very, very deep dive into translations as of late. We are equipped and could easily handle subtitle translations of your youtube video into any language.
2. Would ambitious and physically fit members of the dash community be invited to embark upon the expedition? I ask only for myself.
3. Would you be taking sherpas?

1. I would love it if my video of taking Dash's flag to the top of the world is translated to many languages. I can produce the content in spanish or in english. I am not sure Dash would like to translate All my content since I speak about the blockchain in general.
2&3 . To do the climb it is important to have experience with ice climbing, altitude, rock climbing, nuts, and also be fit - mental & physical. So, unless the Dash network decides to open the proposal, I am not sure if I would invite other people to climb the Everest unless they can prove they have seriuous mountaneering experience. Sherpas will be hired of course.

Back