• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

New Forum Design

Looks good! A few suggestions:

• I agree with the others who said the header is too big. I think the height could be reduced by half. The height of the menu bars could be reduced slightly as well.
  • For the black background I'd use the official color RGB 51,51,51 rather than solid black.
  • For the inset gray background (behind the posts), I'd use a slightly darker shade for more contrast with the white boxes to help define and separate them from each other,

it would be nice for each user to be able to pick from a few different themes. I don't know if xenforo supports that. It's one of the few forum packages i'm not familiar with. "light" or "dark" would be good for different times of day.

Since the forum is called "DarkcoinTalk" maybe it could use its own logo.

v1djtsT.png

Good idea, but I would avoid mixing the lower and upper case letters...
Originally I made it all uppercase, but I thought it looked a little weird for some reason. But I'm fine either way.

9Hdydiw.png

So, nobody cares?
Yes, many people care, but Propulsion, the owner of the forum, is in the US, so it is still his morning. Also, he has a pool and several masternodes to maintain, so with all the updates in the last couple of days I guess he's been super busy.

Yes, many people care, but Propulsion, the owner of the forum, is in the US, so it is still his morning. Also, he has a pool and several masternodes to maintain, so with all the updates in the last couple of days I guess he's been super busy.
Ok, i am worrying because many new people visit here and DRK main website link is not working, but better late than newer.

Really like the new look. I'm possibly being dim here, but how do you search the forum? The search box at the top right doesn't seem to do it for me.

Really like the new look. I'm possibly being dim here, but how do you search the forum? The search box at the top right doesn't seem to do it for me.
Hmm, yeah I'm looking at the search box now. That seems to have changed. I'm making a list and will try to tackle all of these things over the weekend.

Hmm, yeah I'm looking at the search box now. That seems to have changed. I'm making a list and will try to tackle all of these things over the weekend.
Yay, the search box is working now. Thanks, Propulsion! ... edited....Hmmm, kindof working. I get results for "backups" but no results for "backup". Are there no posts with the word backup?

Edited again
Oh waitaminute, it may be just me searching from the wrong place. Seems you have to go back to the forum index to search the whole forum (like bitcointalk's search box)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if it's possible, but I use the "Preview" button a lot so it would nice to have it available directly from the reply box rather than having to go to the "More Options" page first (which on rare occasions erases things I've already written).

I don't know if it's possible, but I use the "Preview" button a lot so it would nice to have it available directly from the reply box rather than having to go to the "More Options" page first (which on rare occasions erases things I've already written).
Yes please!

I'll look into that. Never even considered it. Thanks!

OK, so I've compiled all the requests for changes. (the green is intentional btw)

• Header Image is too large. Height can be reduced.
  • Change the word "Anonymous" in header to "Private"
  • Make the currently selected page box a more distinct color
  • Change background color to lighter shade because of too much contrast. (not sure on this one)
  • Incorporate the "preview button" outside of the "More Options..." button when creating a new post.
  • Mobile theme; make alerts and inbox immediately accessible from main area.
  • Change every other post background to a slightly different color to help differentiate each one.
  • Search dropdown box has profile image pop through from main nav bar.
Let me know if I missed anything.

raze, can I use that image for the header; The "DARKCOINTALK" one?

Back