• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Any interest in a dash/virtual goods (skins) exchange?

Kloar

Hey, I'm a developer who's a big fan of the dash project and would like to improve it's everyday use viability by implementing a series of applications which connect the dash ecosystem to the rest of the world.

I am open to any and all application ideas, I just love building good products in general. I am also thinking about livestreaming everything on twitch.tv and answering questions/talking about dash while developing which I think would be a great way to improve general public knowledge of the dash project and its uses. Maybe dash giveaways to generate interest?

As a starter project I'm thinking about creating a virtual goods exchange service where users can exchange gaming (initially steam-based) skins for dash tokens, and vice versa. I am the co-creator of the subreddit /r/GlobalOffensive/ so I have some amount of insight in the field. For those not in the loop, the virtual goods market is a billion-dollar market / economy where rare items that can be used / found in games are traded for cash, bitcoin and other skins. Some items are priced in the range of tens of thousands of dollars.

This is not strictly a budget proposal, just want to see if there is interest. If you would like this I can get back with a proper project schedule and plan.

Would love to hear your feedback,
Thanks

Last edited:
Skins is a huge market and Dash would be a great payment system.

Waxtoken is currently finishing up their ico. What are your thoughts on their proposition value and would you be a direct competitor or are there niches to be exploited?

Would like to understand more.

Hey, I'm a developer who's a big fan of the dash project and would like to improve it's everyday use viability by implementing a series of applications which connect the dash ecosystem to the rest of the world.

I am open to any and all application ideas, I just love building good products in general. I am also thinking about livestreaming everything on twitch.tv and answering questions/talking about dash while developing which I think would be a great way to improve general public knowledge of the dash project and its uses. Maybe dash giveaways to generate interest?

As a starter project I'm thinking about creating a virtual goods exchange service where users can exchange gaming (initially steam-based) skins for dash tokens, and vice versa. I am the co-creator of the subreddit /r/GlobalOffensive/ so I have some amount of insight in the field. For those not in the loop, the virtual goods market is a billion-dollar market / economy where rare items that can be used / found in games are traded for cash, bitcoin and other skins. Some items are priced in the range of tens of thousands of dollars.

This is not strictly a budget proposal, just want to see if there is interest. If you would like this I can get back with a proper project schedule and plan.

Thanks
yes please i would absolutely love to fund Skin related market place as i understand this is a multi billion dollar industry that is set to explode in the future.

i dont think a seperate ICO just for skins makes sense as the liquidity would be too less , having said that let me know how we proceed to capture this market.

Thanks
if there is a proposal to target digital skins market , i will support it full throttle , including doing market research for it etc

Hmm, I was aware of wax but not dmarket. This market looks too crowded, imo. Not sure if we can claim a market share unless we pump tens of millions of dollars of money into the project. I will propose something else.

edit: suggestions are welcome. I would really like to help the ecosystem.

Last edited:
Hmm, I was aware of wax but not dmarket. This market looks too crowded, imo. Not sure if we can claim a market share unless we pump tens of millions of dollars of money into the project. I will propose something else.

edit: suggestions are welcome. I would really like to help the ecosystem.

pumping millions doesnt ensure you are able to capture that ecosytem , its about have the larger network that can support the gamers , which we have. having said should the need arise we can pump a few million without a second thought now !!

I'm almost half year in the project (DMarket) and, so far, I can say it's all about partnerships. Unless you can't partner with gamedevs, esp AAA devs, - you're out.

I'm almost half year in the project (DMarket) and, so far, I can say it's all about partnerships. Unless you can't partner with gamedevs, esp AAA devs, - you're out.

the total market cap of dmarket can be raised from dash treasury in 4 months or so, so its not that we have missed the bus , but i think we should take this opportunity seriously

let us know if you know some one who can put a proposal for the same !

The success in this sector won't depend on your marketcap, but on your connections within game development and distribution community. DMarket founders do have those. I don't.

The success in this sector won't depend on your marketcap, but on your connections within game development and distribution community. DMarket founders do have those. I don't.

kind of true , but can we gather those resources and make those connections. why are our business development teams sitting on sidelines for most of these discussions ?

Back