• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Project Announcement: DASH for sports betting business in Peru

Is the community interested in attracting sports betting businesses?

• interesting

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • not interested

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • no more than other services

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Bitwise,

We aren't going to create own Dash wallet integrated with our mobile application. It's a complicated and expensive approach, and it gives us not much use at the output. I mean we'll face the same problems with deploying such app to the official stores, as we had before as a gambling service. Instead, we use inter-app communication recently delivered in Dash wallet. You can find more about this in this thread: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/inter-app-communication-for-dash-ios-wallet.18232/

This technology provisions seamless and smooth checkout user flow. I test it personally, and this is a simple but powerful feature for businesses. Thanks again to QuantumExplorer :)

It's still unclear how your client will use his wallet on a mobile phone to place the bet at the self-service terminal?

Hey guys, i like this idea very much! How many and which bussines are you going to start working with? Are you based In Lima? From 1-100 how is the crypto ecosystem known in Peru?

Best regards!!

Hi Bitwise,

Sorry for the delay in responding. The beginning of the year was pretty busy for me.

Answering your question, to place a bet on the self-service terminal, a player won't use Dash wallet app on his smartphone. Instead, he will use wallet on the branded NFC-card. ATM issues these cards for clients who don't have them. Then player makes a bet by one touch to the NFC-reader on the terminal.

We already implemented similar solutions without cryptocurrency. In the betting shop client could obtain deposit RFID card and put money into his gaming account. The further user experience becomes the same as we're developing with NFC, but with the significant difference: Dash in the NFC wallet is always under the full client's control.

Hi AlejandroE,

Glad to receive your supportive feedback! Thank you.

We are not planning to attract other business at this stage because the critical business processes are under our control: from bettings odds creation and software development to operation in betting shops (under our authority or shared with the local partners).

As soon as we prove the business model is working, we'll be ready to scale it and prepare proposition for other businesses.

Playbex has software development teams in Eastern Europe (Kiev and Minsk), and Oncebet operates in Peru (Lima).

Talking about crypto ecosystem: occasionally you can meet the young man who says he has bitcoin, but when it comes to Dash it's almost unknown in masses. Yes, my estimation is very subjective, but it's not so easy to buy cryptocurrency here, and the most important: there is no motivation to regular people to do this.

By the way, these two points are our challenges: (1) to facilitate the buying and selling of Dash for people on streets, (2) give them an incentive to do this.

This would go nicely with a Brand awareness marketing strategy. It seems like one of the biggest challenges here is getting customers to adopt a cryptocurrency for their bets -perhaps I missed something-.
But, let's say I want to place a bet through your online platform but I have never used cryptos before, so I don´t own any. What would be the path I would have to follow in order to participate?

Hi fl0at1ng_p01nt,

You're absolutely right. The main challenge is the adaptation of players to the use of cryptocurrency, convince that cryptocurrency is more convenient than fiat money. Here we have to provide customers with enough incentives to make this transformation possible.

Answering your question, to place a bet in mobile app or website in Dash, one has to install wallet and buy the cryptocurrency. This use case is actually out of the scope of the published proposal, but we're working on it in our another parallel project. Strategically we want to create own minimalistic and nice fiat/Dash exchange. It should allow a customer to buy Dash in a moment by paying from a credit card without extra commission. But at the first phase, we're relying on inkapay.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back