• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

(Pre-Proposal) DASHPayCard - DASH Branded Debit Card + Fiat/Dash Integration

TenX is currently rolling out Ethereum, very slowly adding it to the wallet. I guess their next step is ERC20 tokens, including PAY. After that, dash is next. But I just hope they don't ruin it / dilute it, by adding something else at the same time. Dash paid for priority inclusion, I'm expecting them to live up to their promise.

Quick update folks, I have a call with the team at Shift in about an hour to talk about integration. On the surface, they appear open to the idea.

We have partners who know people there as well. They've been talking about it too. I had no idea there was already a proposal to create a TenX Dash paycard. Well, we can still expand the partnership, giving discount codes to Dash paycard users.

Quick update folks, I have a call with the team at Shift in about an hour to talk about integration. On the surface, they appear open to the idea.

How far up the chain are you? I mean, great if you can pull it off but I don't' have too much hope.

Conversation went great, sounds like they can integrate through Uphold, Dash has been on their radar and has been actively discussed already as one of the next ones they want to add. I've forwarded them to Core and explained the proposal system.

Conversation went great, sounds like they can integrate through Uphold, Dash has been on their radar and has been actively discussed already as one of the next ones they want to add. I've forwarded them to Core and explained the proposal system.

Via uphold? Why?? Surely they run their own nodes / wallets.

When I said "all users", I meant all current active users (at the moment, that's Europe). And I'm just speculating, I don't actually know.
Alright thanks for the clarification. Believe Dash pre paid cards should be available across all corners of the globe, it brings real life application to using Dash and increases general adoption.

Sorry about your butthurt but Coinbase is not obligated to add instamined scam coins like Dash, especially considering how unstable and flaky Dash's code and governance are (comma of doom, InstantSend exploit, arbitrary rebranding, etc).

If Dash can't succeed with out Coinbase pulling its wagon and doing the heavy lifting for Evan, it deserves to die because it's just another useless shit-fork of BTC.

Maybe Coinbase would be more interested in adding Dash if Evan got rid of his instamined coins like coblee did with his LTC .

Regardless, sobbing and crying salty tears because "Coinbase thugs" don't care about your pump and dump dreams is poor form and makes Dash supporters appear desperate, whiny, and over-entitled.
Dash is never going to have "pre paid cards available across all corners of the globe."

Dash lacks the organizational competence required to complete such a goal.

Every time Dash Masternodes vote to spend bagholder money on Dash debit cards the attempt ends in complete failure.

Every. Single. Time.

Get used to it. Filthy rich Dash Core Club members are too busy enjoying their Instamined wealth (starting families, taking vacations/sabbaticals, etc.) to bother with your wishful thinking about Dash plastic being used in "real life."
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, but for someone so pessimistic about Dash, why bother to be part of the forum?Yes there are problems but no system is perfect. Personally I continue believing that the MNOs will always support good proposals and judge them on how they can benefit the community as a whole.Bringing Dash pre paid cards to Africa is my dream and I strive to make that dream a reality.

I don't know how kids are wandering around in dash forum.

maybe we should limit the forum for anyone who has at least some stake in dash.

sign message from wallet and join forum or something.

I don't know how kids are wandering around in dash forum.

maybe we should limit the forum for anyone who has at least some stake in dash.

sign message from wallet and join forum or something.

I have no idea what you're talking about because I have found the wonders of the Ignore button, bliss!

Nice to know such useful function exist. Although public is doomed to be confused.

Especially these days when people buy steem dollars for over $8.

Even if the dash card was a reality it might have been affected or even sitshut down by the banks by now.

Visa just announced that they will revoke all crypto cards. Even if dash card was master card, it doesn't make it less possible from a premature death.

MC ceo is famous for being anti Bitcoin.

Even if the dash card was a reality it might have been affected or even sitshut down by the banks by now.

Visa just announced that they will revoke all crypto cards. Even if dash card was master card, it doesn't make it less possible from a premature death.

MC ceo is famous for being anti Bitcoin.
Not all banks are anti crypto and in any case, Dash community needs to work closely with these institutions at present no other way around that.

Well, having debit cards is a possibility and a great way to grow Dash Nation, we just need someone serious to execute the idea and get us distributed internationally. Perhaps, Bradley Zastrow could tackle this opportunity as well, he is probably keeping it in his agenda for the near future. Most of the banks are still not open towards cryptocurrencies, but we should see many changes and developments in 2018.

Well, having debit cards is a possibility and a great way to grow Dash Nation, we just need someone serious to execute the idea and get us distributed internationally. Perhaps, Bradley Zastrow could tackle this opportunity as well, he is probably keeping it in his agenda for the near future. Most of the banks are still not open towards cryptocurrencies, but we should see many changes and developments in 2018.
I don't know about internationally but we seek to achieve that on a regional scale in South Africa.

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...-branches-for-south-africa.21819/#post-161188

Well even worst than that, the carriers (like Visa) don't want crypto. Also there was some issues in Gibraltar and the UK banks that messed up most of the crypto card business, including wirex, shakepay and others.

Back