• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is Evolution and Dash compromised by the banking relations

I had a hard time absorbing the whole (long) article, but did pick up a couple of main points: 1) The author thinks that an upcoming "community driven EXTERNAL $US AUDIT" on 2018/01/02 will reveal that certain exchanges hold much more USDT than they do $US, and are therefore unable to sell $US to BTC or Dash holders at existing high valuations. The author is predicting this will cause $US/Dash and $US/BTC to crash, although he also seems to predict that this would be a good thing in the long run since it would give many people the opportunity to purchase some BTC or Dash at lower prices, and that the $US/Dash and $US/BTC prices would rise again after, and be believable this time. 2) The author seems to think that the Evolution wallet is compromised because it will allow users to buy these factionally reserved USDT but then find out they can't get real $US with them.

How this affects the DASH community is that given the FIAT flowing into dash is via a one way street (scam bank) and when people decide to try and withdraw signifiant Fiat they will be highly surprised to learn they are dealing with known criminals.

Is this a worry...I've consolidated all my profits from this year into Dash as I think they going to have a great 2018...but if the foundation to its structure is weak then maybe I should reconsider??

Is this a worry...I've consolidated all my profits from this year into Dash as I think they going to have a great 2018...but if the foundation to its structure is weak then maybe I should reconsider??
Why don't you do a few tests to assure yourself. 1) try and withdraw your DASH as FIAT cash from Cryptocapital < Dash 'Banking'. 2) learn about who you are dealing with 'banking wise' as proven in the linked article (above). 3) experiment with the services provided by Coinapult (LOCKs) to understand better how others could be trapped. 4) report back here on your findings.

Why don't you do a few tests to assure yourself. 1) try and withdraw your DASH as FIAT cash from Cryptocapital < Dash 'Banking'. 2) learn about who you are dealing with 'banking wise' as proven in the linked article (above). 3) experiment with the services provided by Coinapult (LOCKs) to understand better how others could be trapped. 4) report back here on your findings.
Im in Australia and have both withdrawn Dash into Fiat using coinspot and through Living Room Of Satoshi website used Dash to pay my debt card off.. if you right I can't wait for Dash to drop in price so I can buy more!

I have no love for Tether, so don't take this the wrong way....

The article contains 99% inuendo and accusations. It does not qualify as journalism. The author desperately needs an editor and fact checker. The links provided to demonstrate xyz accusation generally does not do that.

" There is good speculation that HaveLOCK...."

OK, just stop right there. "good speculation".......really? Good speculation as opposed to what....just making shit up?

So far as I can tell, the only people who are at risk here are people who keep their crypto on an exchange, and use this BS feature called Lock(Tm) that "protects" you from downward price volatility.

We have shouted it from the rooftops a thousand times, don't keep any substantial money on an exchange. If you don't hold your private key, that money isn't really even yours. And furthermore, waving the magic "Lock(TM)" wand over your Dash or Bitcoin in the hopes of magically being protected from downward volatility is dumb as a sack of hammers.

And the big "link" between Dash and tether is through the scumbag Ira Miller. He promised to integrate us in the Lamasau ATM thing, and never delivered, and is now dead to us. There is zero relationship between Dash and Ira Miller or between Dash and Tether.

I have no love for Tether, so don't take this the wrong way....

The article contains 99% inuendo and accusations. It does not qualify as journalism. The author desperately needs an editor and fact checker. The links provided to demonstrate xyz accusation generally does not do that.

" There is good speculation that HaveLOCK...."

OK, just stop right there. "good speculation".......really? Good speculation as opposed to what....just making shit up?

So far as I can tell, the only people who are at risk here are people who keep their crypto on an exchange, and use this BS feature called Lock(Tm) that "protects" you from downward price volatility.

We have shouted it from the rooftops a thousand times, don't keep any substantial money on an exchange. If you don't hold your private key, that money isn't really even yours. And furthermore, waving the magic "Lock(TM)" wand over your Dash or Bitcoin in the hopes of magically being protected from downward volatility is dumb as a sack of hammers.

And the big "link" between Dash and tether is through the scumbag Ira Miller. He promised to integrate us in the Lamasau ATM thing, and never delivered, and is now dead to us. There is zero relationship between Dash and Ira Miller or between Dash and Tether.
Nice:)

I don't trust tether and warned people about this, and I believe dash will have least effect when this goes south.

1. most dash were bought with btc and korean won in recent history.

2. lower trust in other competitors make dash more attractive.

I think there might be more to it than that. I agree that the article relies heavily on unproven assumptions and innuendo but this was linked in the article: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/OC/pages/65044521/Fiat+Access+Gateways+project+description. It is a post by Robert Wiecko from August 2016 which clearly shows that Dash has direct relationships with Coinapult and CryptoCapital, presumably as part of the fiat on/off ramp for Evolution. The alleged link between Dash and Tether is via Coinapult who, the OP alleges, is using CryptoCapital as a bank for their Lock[Tm] service. The theory is that CryptoCapital is securing locked BTC by buying Tether, not actual US dollars. Neither CryptoCapital nor Coinapult mention Tether, but neither do they say specifically how they do secure and insure locked funds, so everything is open to conjecture. It seems at least plausible to me that the allegation could be true.

Personally I have never bought Tether or used Lock[Tm], and I don't care too much if Tether implodes. But I do care a lot about Dash and Evolution and I would like to be assured that Evolution will not inadvertently be using Tether in any way, directly or indirectly. And if CryptoCapital and/or Coinapult should implode along with Tether I would like assurance that it would not be a disaster to Evolution. Is there anyone from Core who can comment?

Guys,
Author of this article made a lot of assumptions that have no confirmation in reality. I can see no connection between Dash network, Evo and Coinapult/Crytocapital, so I can see no impact on our network. Probably the author made his assumptions based on the fact that Ira Miller was working on one of our projects, however Ira Miller and Deginner failed to deliver their projects and we do not use their services anymore.

You can find many information about Thether in the network - please study them carefully and make smart decisions.

Last edited:
Guys,
Author of this article made a lot of assumptions that have no confirmation in reality. I can see no connection between Dash network, Evo and Coinapult/Crytocapital, so I can see no impact on our network. Probably the author made his assumptions based on the fact that Ira Miller was working on one of our projects, however Ira Miller and Deginner failed to deliver their projects and we do not use their services anymore.

You can find many information about Thether in the network - please study them carefully and make smart decisions.

Hi Robert, thank you for responding. Do you mean that the 'business partnerships' with Coinapult and CryptoCapital as listed in this document have been terminated? https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/OC/pages/65044521/Fiat+Access+Gateways+project+description

No, we did not terminate any business partnership - there was no reason to terminate it (and we are not terminating any relationships because of the low quality "journalism").
Maybe I wasn't precise - Coinapult and CryptoCapital have no influence on the network operations, Core Team activities and Evolution development, therefore I see no reason to connect Dash with Thether as it was suggested in the article.

Back