• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre pre proposal Idea for blockchain cowork space in Tampa, FL

Rosa

Hello . I am Rosa. I am the co-owner of BlockSpaces, (opening January 2018) which is a coworking/education/startup incubator space in Tampa, Florida, BlockSpaces. I have been a Dash holder since it was $9 (last year! wow) and have been in crypto since early 2013.
BlockSpaces came out of a sheer need from massive growth of 3 crypto and dev meetups I co-organize here. The groups combined have over 1,000 members locally and growing daily and includes many Dash enthusiasts and at least one MasterNode owner. We frequently give Dash to newcomers and have for a long time and we have been awarded the Wild Card meetup award by Dash Force twice.
The space provides the independent worker, learner and entrepreneur with a working space and a supporting community focused on cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. We are located in the trendy South Tampa area on the easily accessible, high traffic corridor, and house nearly 3,500 sq ft of a recently renovated technology center and, in addition to cowork space, we will offer educational workshops, special events, conference space, a podcast studio and a blockchain art/book/retail shop. We are currently working on several very exciting partnerships both within the crypto space and our local community.

I, along with my partner, are putting together a solid proposal for Dash primarily surrounding the podcast studio which is already accumulating a list of potential patrons, including a popular local crypto radio show. The proposal also will have opportunity for Dash merchandise in our retail space and educational classes about the Dash network.
We want to support this network and have ample opportunities to do so. I am interested in hearing feedback about this idea as we work up our proposal! Thanks all!

Hi Rosa, glad to see you here.

Full disclosure first: I am one of the oldest members of the Tampa Bay meetup group(s) and I am partly responsible for the popularity of Dash among our members. I convinced Rosa and Gabe that Dash had a winning strategy over a year ago. I give $10 in Dash to every newbie that comes to a meetup and has not used crypto yet. I don't post after every meetup, but I have posted twice on the meetup contest thread and the Dash-Force guys have reimbursed my giveaways both times (thanks guys).

Our meetups are a labor of love. This year's price rise and media exposure has caused attendance to skyrocket, and Gabe and Rosa have signed a lease some office space so that we can have organized meetings and educational events instead of just hanging out at some bar.

We are having 50, 75 and 100 people show up to recient meetups. LOTS of newbies! Our primary goal is to teach new people how to protect their investments and how to detect and avoid scams.

Please head over to Blockspaces.io and check out the promo video (which was made for free by one of our members). It's so professional it looks fake :)

Hi Rosa,

What about anonymity?

My (bad) experience says that these meetings are oftenly organized by state agents, in order to take pictures, film, identify and classify people who are interested in cryptocurrencies. Is this the case with your space?

What precautions do you take into your space, in order for someone who wants to be anonymous to remain one?

Just ignore Demo. He's our resident troll. We don't block/ban him because he would just get a new account and start again. It's better to leave him alone.

Just ignore Demo. He's our resident troll. We don't block/ban him because he would just get a new account and start again. It's better to leave him alone.

This is not an answer to my question. I repeat it:
What precautions do you take in Blockspaces, in order for someone who wants to be anonymous to remain one?
You could just say: "We do not allow anonymous to enter into Blockspaces".
Much simpler for you to answer this, than to personal attack me and to tell lies about me

Last edited:
Hi there...it's a fair question. Our meetups are organized exclusively by myself and my partner, Gabe, since 2013. We have recently joined with a blockchain developer group who's organizer is a long time participant both in our group and in the crypto space. We do not take names nor verify identity at these meetups unless someone cares to join our mailing list. I suppose you could say that although we can't guarantee that someone who came to one of our open meetuups isn't there to "find out who is interested in crypto" we also don't require anyone to give up their identify either. Our participants are, and should be, in control .of their own identity. I can guarantee these meetups are not organized by anyone specifically for these purposes, since my partner and I are the ones responsible for that activity and have a long history in the crypto community. We would never film nor post nor share information about anyone in our group unless we had their express permission or if they did so voluntarily themselves. We tell all of our newcomers and long timers that they should always be vigilant in sharing publicly that they are involved in crypto, Although that warning pertains more to leaving oneself open to hackers than to state actors.

I hope this helps clarify and I am happy to answer additional questions!

Hi there...it's a fair question. Our meetups are organized exclusively by myself and my partner, Gabe, since 2013. We have recently joined with a blockchain developer group who's organizer is a long time participant both in our group and in the crypto space. We do not take names nor verify identity at these meetups unless someone cares to join our mailing list. I suppose you could say that although we can't guarantee that someone who came to one of our open meetuups isn't there to "find out who is interested in crypto" we also don't require anyone to give up their identify either. Our participants are, and should be, in control .of their own identity. I can guarantee these meetups are not organized by anyone specifically for these purposes, since my partner and I are the ones responsible for that activity and have a long history in the crypto community. We would never film nor post nor share information about anyone in our group unless we had their express permission or if they did so voluntarily themselves. We tell all of our newcomers and long timers that they should always be vigilant in sharing publicly that they are involved in crypto, Although that warning pertains more to leaving oneself open to hackers than to state actors.

I hope this helps clarify and I am happy to answer additional questions!

Thank you Rosa! :)
So I assume I can participate in your meetings and wear a mask, right? Thats fine!

Is it also possible for you to host a proof of individuality meeting in your place?

Last edited:
Hey Rosa. Congrats about your job in the community! It seems to be awesome there in Tampa.

The video in your webpage really amazed me, it´s very professional.

Just one question: what´s your specialty/profession/doing for living?

Hope this proposal pass! It would get greats benefits to Dash community.

Standing room only at the Wednesday meetup this week!!
I'm anxious to see what kind of proposal @Rosa is gonna put together.
PS. Merry X-Mass to everyone everywhere.

Hey Rosa. Congrats about your job in the community! It seems to be awesome there in Tampa.

The video in your webpage really amazed me, it´s very professional.

Just one question: what´s your specialty/profession/doing for living?

Hope this proposal pass! It would get greats benefits to Dash community.
Thank you! The video was shot and produced by a member of our local community. We agree..its fantastic!
I am a Google Analytics certified eCommerce data analyst and have been in the digital commerce division of HSN (Home Shopping Network) for 6 years. HSN is being acquired by QVC (that deal should close next week) to become the 3rd largest eCommerce retailer in the country behind only Amazon and WalMart.
I recently did an interview with TIna Hui from Follow the Coin about my background and BlockSpaces which can be viewed here:

Back