• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: InstantKarma Fund - Changing Minds for Mass Adoption

djcrypto

InstantKarma Fund
instantkarma org---Decal---Logo.jpg

Dash for a Decent World​

TL;DR: We will provide a repository and "trophy case" for promotion of pre-qualified humanitarian projects which are to be put for voting and funding by the Dash Treasury. Philanthropic projects will help break the public's negative preconceptions about cryptocurrency and make people more willing to learn about Dash Evolution in order to adopt it for everyday usage as digital cash. These philanthropic projects not only benefit underprivileged children with education, mentorship and supplies but also gives them tools to build themselves productive and purposeful lives for a blockchain future. Think of it like a feeder system for Dash! We will make adopting Dash a personal moral decision for people to choose a better future for humanity and planet Earth!

We are asking for a monthly fee to make this a sustainable entity that continually pushes this agenda and is a responsible and transparent custodian for the funds received from the Treasury. Read more below, if interested. Thanks!

Problem Identification

In the past few years promoting the benefits of Dash to my friends and family, I’ve found the number one objection that people have is their perception that it’s only for criminal activity and the “dark net” - a bad first impression, originating in part from mainstream media. When I explain the significance of the technology, the reason for its existence and how it will change the world, people come around and are excited about it. Unfortunately, not everyone has a Dash Disciple like you and me to guide them around the swamp of misinformation. To break down this barrier of negativity and reach the masses through organic growth, I believe that Dash needs a philanthropic division that counters this negative preconception. This organization will sponsor, manage and pro-actively promote philanthropic projects that benefit society and the Dash Network. This will encourage the groundswell of grassroots support and anticipation we need to gain mass adoption in time for the release of Evolution.

Solution

In order for Dash to become the “digital cash” for the masses it must break down this wall of negativity with a counter-campaign of positive real life projects. We need to show that there is a better option, not only to our current system, but other cryptocurrencies as well. We need to show that Dash is not just about money - it’s about a social revolution. It needs to interact with real people doing real things in the real world. These projects and experiences need to be documented and marketed to bring Dash from abstract, unintelligible software code into real human experiences that people can point to in order to reject false claims of immoral and objectionable use cases. This will evaporate the walls of skepticism and create organic, viral growth and the critical mass necessary for Dash to be THE Digital Cash.

The Dash Treasury is in a unique position to fund projects that contribute positively to society and shape the public perception of Dash. Approving strategic proposals will become the catalyst that enlightens people to the benefits of Dash. It will free them from self-censorship and apprehension when sharing it with friends and family. Philanthropy provides the moral high-ground for discussion, self-education and mass adoption of Dash Evolution. Enter InstantKarma Fund.

InstantKarma Fund’s (instantkarmafund.org) desire is to become Dash’s charitable and philanthropic DAO. Our mission is to assist in promoting the adoption of Dash through strategic alliances with individuals and NGOs with exceptionally-worthy causes and will contribute to the promotion and adoption of Dash as Digital Cash. We will maintain and keep the portfolio of philanthropic and charitable projects that InstantKarma selects to present to the Dash Treasury as a kind of “trophy case” for the general public and media to reference, consume and admire. We will work with Wachsmann PR and Ogilvy & Mather to spread the message far and wide; capitalizing on the Treasury funds we receive in order to exalt Dash as a pro-active force for good in the world. It is not only a “store of value, unit of account and medium of exchange” – it’s a powerful social opportunity-maker that has a positive knock-on effect in the world that people can see and feel. We will bring the co-operative human element to Dash. As a result, InstantKarma will present a virtuous side to Dash and differentiate Dash from the other blockchain projects, providing a competitive advantage and desire among the masses to be proud to seek, participate and adopt Dash Evolution for everyday usage.

What Services Will InstantKarma Fund Provide?

The objective of InstantKarma Fund is to pre-qualify high quality philanthropic projects that have a high chance of success and offer a great return-on-investment to the Dash Network. We will advise, consult with, manage and document philanthropic projects in addition to sponsoring the proposal fee so that Masternode Owners can make the final, informed decision on funding. This is not only a philanthropic endeavor, but a source of pride for the Dash community and a killer marketing opportunity to differentiate Dash from every other major blockchain! The projects will be displayed in a well-organized format with media, reports, record-keeping and will be accessible for promotion by anyone, including Wachsmann PR and Ogilvy & Mather for wide distribution. InstantKarma Fund will be a pillar of the Dash DAO and a repository for many exciting and morale-boosting projects where Dash is needed most in the world. We will focus on projects that are complementary with the Dash Network such as STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education to underprivileged children and infrastructure to support adoption of Dash in developing economies with preference given to locations with existing teams in place, such as Venezuela, Haiti and Ghana.

We Will Pre-Qualify and Hand-Select Each Proposal Based on 3 Requirements Prior to Submitting a Proposal:

Pre-Requisites are as Follows:

1) Dash Adoption

-Project owner/group understands basics of Dash technology and has completed “Dash School” series. Must have a wallet and be able to speak fluent “Dash”.

-Promotes and/or uses Dash in some form during the project to increase adoption

-Financial Assessment: Metrics will be provided such as Dash/impression, Dash/wallet install. Overall exposure and subjective evaluation about potential impact will be presented to the MNOs in each project proposal.

-Likelihood of Success: Does the project owner/group have any past experience completing a project of this sort and magnitude? Do they have a track record? Includes risk assessment.

2) Documentation and Promotion of Projects

- InstantKarma Fund will document each project and provide updates on a weekly basis at instantkarmafund.org .

-We will work with Wachsmann PR, Ogilvy & Mather and other media outlets to spread the word. We will perform at least one pre-interview and one post-interview with each project owner. Preference will be given to video but written interview will take precedent when necessary, such as with foreign speaking individuals. All individuals involved will be vetted and must have been active either through Slack or in the Forums.

3) Custodian of Funds with Milestone-based Payment Schedule

Instant Karma Fund will be the custodian of funds for the Dash Treasury and will maintain a public ledger of payments for complete transparency. Each project will have time-boxed payment schedules and if the project owner does not meet the minimum agreed-to terms of progress, the funds will be withheld.

Meet the Team:

Founder: Nathan Ewert aka “djcrypto” on Dash Forum (EST. March 2014)

Dash “MVP” Award Winner by Dashforcenews.com for August/September 2017

Languages: English and French

I am a longtime Masternode owner, and entrepreneur/business owner.

I took Business Administration in college and started my first incorporated business at the age of 20. I’m now 33.

My interest in crypto stems from my interests in computers, economics and love of freedom. Naturally, I gravitated towards more privacy-centric projects and invested in Dash. Over the past few months, I have been active in the DASH Nation slack and Dash.org Forums. I have loved being part of the generous, challenging and thriving community and have done my best to contribute where I can.

Lead Project Proposal Writer and Website Maintenance: Nova Howard aka “tallyho” (EST. March 2015)

Dash “MVP” Award Winner by Dashforcenews.com for May/June 2017

Languages: English and Spanish

Nova is a long-time contributor and active member of the Dash Forum and Slack community. She specializes in professional writing and web design. We couldn’t ask for a better, more suited team member to fulfill the vision of InstantKarma Fund.

Personal site: www.novahoward.info

What we are Requesting

In order to provide these services for the Dash Network, we are requesting a commitment of 40D per month for the first two months of operation as a proof-of-concept. During this period, we will prove how we generate value to the Dash network in a professional, reliable and transparent manner.

Plan of Action

The first month will involve developing communication channels and relationships with Core, Dashforcenews, Wachsmann PR and Ogilvy & Mather (assuming Ryan Taylor’s proposal passes). We will offer our project media kits in consumable format for these organizations and will consult with them on press releases and integrate the projects into marketing plans, when applicable.

First Project This Cycle:

Our first proposal will involve @August Domanchuk (Dashforcenews MVP for September) and an organization that he started called “STEM Tech Tutors” (STT). STT provides introductory education to underprivileged children that want to learn about Coding, through the use of “BitBoxes”. See separate pre-proposal for more details here https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/pre-proposal-bit-by-bit-building-futures.16980/

Potential Future Projects:

A “DASHelter” in Venezuela for recovering addicts and the underemployed: This will be a place for people at risk to go to seek refuge and healing in a country that could benefit greatly from Dash. There is an existing team there to support this effort and capitalize on the recognition generated by building the DASHelter.

School Supplies for Needy Children in Haiti: Thousands of children go without necessary supplies to participate in school. Basics such as a backpack, water bottle, pencils and notepads will be provided. Dash branding will be visible on the backpack. One of JZA’s associates is there working for Doctors Without Borders and will oversee the distribution.

Conclusion

We are looking forward to making this a great success and to putting Dash on the map as being a socially-responsible and philanthropic organization. These projects will differentiate Dash from other blockchains and raise its status and desirability whilst creating organic growth necessary for mass adoption of Evolution. We are at a critical juncture in time and InstantKarma Fund could be the difference between Dash and THE Digital Cash.

I welcome your thoughts.

Last edited:
So i think that is a very good initiative because how we know all fraud that make in donation and how people around the world that need help, so with these activities and donations with all futures projects, the adoption will be more efficient in the community and Dash will help million of people that need help. So i think Masternodes will support this initiative and vote for.

Back