• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is there a reason why mobile fee is expensive?

younglegend

Does anyone know why mobile wallet fee is expensive?

I have been noticing a while back almost if not all crypto currency have higher mobile wallet fees.

Is there a reason why? because its a temporary solution? or technicality of using up more data?

I do appreciate your knowledge on this.

We need more information. Can you provide a txid?

The most recent update 5.17.2 reduced fees in Dash by 90%. However, the price of DASH in local currencies has increased by 3 times. Are you using the older version 5.17.1 or previous?

If one is receiving mining rewards to this wallet or there are tons of transactions, fees to send will be higher.

I guess I just need to reinstall then.

How do I download 5.17.2 mobile wallet?

on google play I only see 5.17.1

Thank you.

Last edited:
I downloaded, but my phone is unable to open this file.

it says unable to open the file. please try with a proper

filebrowser for android

I downloaded, but my phone is unable to open this file.

it says unable to open the file. please try with a proper

filebrowser for android

You can try File Manager HD, but i think within Android you will also need to change a setting to have Android accept the installment of HashEngineering's apk
(Settings - Security - Unknown Sources .. this is by default off for security reasons). Make sure you reset it to off again after installment of that apk.

Also File Manager HD is known to interfer with android system updates sometime, make sure you disable it once you run into problems trying to install an android system update.

Dash fees are high because it does not support the technology required to offer users a transaction fee discount for using segwit (like Bitcoin and Litecoin do).

Mobile wallets development is hopeless until IPv6 is fixed.

Segwit is not needed to lower transaction fees. Fees can be lowered by changing only a few parameters in the code.

IPv6 or not is unrelated to Mobile Wallet Development.

Segwit is needed for Lightning payment channels, which are the holy grail of low (near-zero) fee instant transactions and may also provide privacy/fungibility via mimblewimble.
No, Segwit is not needed. All what is needed is a malleability fix. This could be Segwit as is, Segwit as a hardfork (a cleaner version of current Segwit) or another method (e.g. via modifying sighash). And it has nothing to do with MimbleWimble aka Grin.

IPv4 is a legacy system with dwindling support. Mobile will be 100% IPv6 soon(tm).

Source: https://blogs.akamai.com/2016/06/preparing-for-ipv6-only-mobile-networks-why-and-how.html

We were told the removal of IPv6 support from Dash Core was just a "temporary workaround" and there would be a plan to restore the functionality.

That was over a year ago (Nov 2016). The "temporary workaround" is now functionally permanent and we have yet to see the supposed plan to bring back IPv6.

9 months ago, Flare told us "I'll let you know when a fix is available."

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/co...6_support_for_masternodes_removed_in/ddv2ux7/

I hope nobody is holding their breath while expecting Dash Core to actually deliver on what they promised.
Come back when IPv6 adoption is at least at 80%+. So far it's ~20%.
https://www.google.com/intl/en/ipv6/statistics.html

So where is Dash's malleability fix? If it's easy to do then why hasn't it been done already? Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Decred have Lightning in beta testing.

Those Google stats aren't specific to mobile. The article I linked explains why IPv6 is crucial to mobile networks.

"Why IPv6-only in mobile is likely to grow soon

Apple's new App Store IPv6-only support requirement is highly likely to enable acceleration of IPv6-only deployments in both the other US networks (such as T-Mobile), and may also unblock IPv6-only deployments in many mobile networks around the world.

IPv6 can perform better than IPv4 in mobile

The simpler network architecture for native IPv6 traffic in mobile networks (with fewer middle-boxes between the handset and the Internet) translates into better performance. In IPv6-only mobile networks (and in some types of dual-stacked mobile networks that transport IPv4 traffic in an IPv6 tunnel to a NAT44), IPv6 traffic has direct access to the Internet while IPv4 traffic has its access mediated through a NAT. These NATs add latency and can be bottlenecks as they can be expensive for ISPs to deploy enough capacity to keep up with demand."

Those NATs are a security hazard too. Do you want attackers to double spend using BGP attacks? Because only using IPv4 is how you let attackers double spend using BGP attacks.
Let them play with their toys, we'll implement it when we'll actually need it.
We do not target mobile-only users ONLY, we need to make sure it works for the most people (and it doesn't if MN is running on IPv6).

EDIT: _ONLY_

Last edited:
Segwit is needed for Lightning payment channels, which are the holy grail of low (near-zero) fee instant transactions and may also provide privacy/fungibility via mimblewimble.

IPv4 is a legacy system with dwindling support. Mobile will be 100% IPv6 soon(tm).

Source: https://blogs.akamai.com/2016/06/preparing-for-ipv6-only-mobile-networks-why-and-how.html

Dash Wallet for android has IPv6 support built in. No development is required regarding it for Hash Engineering Solutions. Masternode limitations are a separate matter.

The mobile fee they depend on which company mobile you want and mobile handset series.

The topic of this thread are fees for sending Dash on Mobile Devices, specifically android. Is the fee 0.0001 or 0.00001 DASH per kb? It is unrelated to which company or device is being used.

Back