• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What is a better reward for the community?

thesavoyard

So my German partners and DISAF have been in discussion. We have come up with some structures that could give a huge boost to the usability of Dash. We are under NDA and in consultation with a legal firm to build a business plan. We are discussing a Treasury proposal that would make Dash an integral part of this new business. I want the community and Maternodes input on what value we can provide to Dash.

We've debated forming a corporation and having the Dash foundation owning a percentage of it. That would mean payments to the core team and they would have a say in how the company is run. In the US a foundation can own shares in a corporation.

The other possibility is rather than ownership, a contract where a percentage of the profits go to a trust account. The money would be used for the promotion of Dash through advertising.

Let me know what you prefer, we are in the concept stages here and we need information for our legal team.

If you are going the ownership route then the swiss trust that core is setting up should be the owner and not core or the dash foundation. That's the closest we can get to the network owning it.

If you want to instead share some of the profits it should also go into an account controlled by that swiss trust. Though honestly with the way the dash price is increasing i am really not sure if we need more money though of course it also doesn't hurt.

pay dividends to the mn who voted, preferably direct. core has nothing to do with this, we already pay them for their work.

The community doesn't need a reward and has no need for profit participation in private ventures. The community is rewarded when Dash usage grows -- that is the sole purpose of the community.

Also I don't think we want the Dash foundation (or whatever it's called) to be dealmaking for it's own profit.

Well, it would be the Masternodes voting, not the foundation. I know some Masternode owners had expressed reservations about funding private business without sufficient benefit to Dash. We want to make sure Dash gets the value out of the project that we do. We do think this project will accelerate the acceptance of Dash. I wasn't aware of the Swiss trust. But that's why I'm here, I want your opinions.

@Pietro Speroni Of course the NDA will be lifted when we submit the proposal. Only the most sensitive proprietary information would need to remain protected. We can't discuss the detail of the project until it's much closer to launch to prevent someone else from taking the idea and implementing it first.

It would be the Dash Swiss trust that would own a stake in the company. I think if the Masternodes like the proposal, then Dash should own a piece of the company. It is a better option than holding an ICO or seeking private investment. This way we can guarantee the company isn't used to promote other competing projects or hijacked for a quick buck.

Back