• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

CryptoKitties craze slows down transactions on Ethereum

Koromoto

CryptoKitties craze slows down transactions on Ethereum
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42237162

I believe contracts are not a good idea to have attached to a cryptocurrency, they should be in their own network just for cases like this and they have a very valid purpose: to keep an open registry of contracts and their state as they mutate. The same can be said of all the tokens being created on top of Ethereum, they complicate matters and once hundreds of tokens have been settled now they have created a standard (since all tokens do the same thing) called ERC20 with the basic functionality of a token which I think can be provided without all the contract/programming/execution part as they should be a simple feature of a smart crypto that provides instant forks based on some criteria.

More data for my research about tokens.

World commerce needs 1M tps so Dash is not ready either. Gonna take a look at IOTA to see what they bring to the table, they're steamrolling everybody right now.

Too bad Dash does NOT support CryptoKitties. Maybe CryptoKitteh functionality will be enabled in version 2.1 of Evolution, which is due to ship sometime in October 2021.

Pro tip: if Dash wants to support fun smart-contract applications like CryptoKitties it must fix transaction malleability. Bitcoin Core fixed tx malleability months ago, with segwit. What's Dash's excuse?

All your FUD about segwit has been shown to be entirely baseless. LTC and BTC have been using segwit successfully for months, with zero issues. Dash's tech is now obsolete in comparison because its code is copied from a much older version of Bitcoin than the current Core 15 release.

I really hope we are working on currency and payment solutions for awhile. Let ETH handle the kittens

Back