• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Waller passphrase recover

2assem

Hello Guys!
Am so embarrassed to say this but I have forgot my passphrase for my dash wallet. I haven't completely forgot it but I think i am missing some letters.
I have wrote a python code to compile a dictionary with possible passwords, how can I compile a program to try these passwords. My wallet is currently installed on a windows system.
or should I transfer my .dat file to a linux system where it will be easier to try these passwords.
I really appreciate the help I can get.

Thanks in advance

Hello Guys!
Am so embarrassed to say this but I have forgot my passphrase for my dash wallet. I haven't completely forgot it but I think i am missing some letters.
I have wrote a python code to compile a dictionary with possible passwords, how can I compile a program to try these passwords. My wallet is currently installed on a windows system.
or should I transfer my .dat file to a linux system where it will be easier to try these passwords.
I really appreciate the help I can get.

Thanks in advance
Should be easy task to make a program/script with AutoIt, good luck.
https://www.autoitscript.com/site/

Should be easy task to make a program/script with AutoIt, good luck.

Thanks AjM, Isn't it better(less cpu power/faster) to try my passphrases directly on the wallet.dat file rather than automating the method of trying different passwords on the wallet gui?

Morning - this guide uses the most powerful password cracking tool in the business. Since you won't be able to try more than 10-20 passwords per second per processor, I recommend getting a VPS with multiple processors and put your wallet file there for cracking. Here's hoping you have a pretty good memory of what your password might have been!

http://www.gobitgo.com/articles/1005/How-To-Recover-Your-Bitcoin-Wallet-Password/

Reactions: AjM
Back