• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

INTRODUCING DASH TO BUSINESSES IN GHANA, WEST AFRICA.

INTRODUCTION

Hello Community, I am Abdul Kudus Mutaru known on Dash community as zambang. I am a Dash enthusiast and a cryptoprenuer. I am submitting my first proposal to embark on a project dubbed: Introducing Dash to Businesses in Ghana. Myself and my team have held a number of meet ups to promote dash digital currency and our works can be found here https://dash-africa.com/neo/

Notwithstanding that, Thedesertlynx has written a number of articles about us and many of them can be found through the following links: https://www.dashforcenews.com/dash-...-countries-dedicated-continent-wide-adoption/ https://www.dashforcenews.com/dash-meetups-catch-on-across-africa/ . http://dashespanol.com/blog/2017/10/6/dash-global-apoya-encuentros-de-dash-en-africa/ .

Links to our meet ups and videos can equally be found here
, https://imgur.com/gallery/g9mc3 , https://imgur.com/gallery/LysWK , a link to our Dash Radio Talk show

PROJECT PROPOSAL

INTRODUCING DASH TO BUSINESSES IN GHANA

PROBLEM

There are only a few businesses in Ghana that accepts Dash as a medium of exchange. The lack of businesses accepting Dash is holding back Dash users from trading with it despite the increment of Dash usability in Ghana.

SOLUTION

Our solution has to do with equiping the operators of business and market traders to accept Dash as a means of payment for goods and services. The reason being that, until a number of businesses begin to accept Dash as a means of payment, people won’t start using their Dash, our solution aims at targeting more on small scale businesses across the country with immediate target of the industrial regions of Ghana; Accra, Kumasi, Tema, Tamale and Takoradi, this will eventually make it more accessible for people to get their Dash spent and of course it will attract newbies and in the long run augment Dash user base.

Also, as part of the project a number of Dash Exchange centers will be established in every region of Ghana so as to make it more easy and affordable for people to quickly exchange their Dash for Ghanaian Cedi and the vice versa. Dash has no physical location anywhere in Ghana where people can exchange their fiat for Dash. With this people are freely to walk into any exchange center to get their fiat being converted to Dash and more businesses will begin to accept Dash.

DESCRIPTION

Gradually cryptocurrency adoption in Africa is taking roots at an admirable pace. However, one critical area that needs a big push is merchants and business acceptance as a form of payment for goods and services. It is very indispensable since that will boost adoption and offer Africans the freedom and convenience virtual currencies brings.

Ghana is one of the four countries where cryptocurrency adoption is picking up remarkably. The West African Nation is home to over 25.9 million people and counted among entities where monetary mismanagement has ruined lives and wealth creation. There is no doubt the country is ripe for use of cryptocurrencies.

Myself and my team have interviewed a number of small-scale businesses and market traders prior to this project and the responses revealed that most people shun banks due to a number of reasons which include lack of trust, difficulty in accessing funds, cumbersome procedures in opening accounts, and high interest charges on loans. Surprisingly, most Small and Medium Enterprises owners affirmed that they cannot trust banks with their savings due to hidden charges and unclear condition.

We want to create a simple and easy platform for hundreds of businesses in Ghana which will bring together operators of restaurants, hotels, gas stations, estate agencies, travels and tours, supermarkets, car rentals, online shops to accept Dash cryptocurrency as a form of payment for goods and services. This project will see a meet ups of business owners, one-on-one interactions with businesses on the need to accept Dash as a means of payment for goods and services and a radio talk show.

We are requesting for 18 Dash every month in the next three months including proposal fee of 5 Dash making it 23 Dash to enable us to carry out this project. Pictures and videos will be posted to the Dash community

ON THE BUDGET

Transportation in each industrial region $800

Accommodation and feeding for a month $1800

Dash T-shirts $400

Conference Room $300

Refreshment for participants $200

One Radio Talk Show $300

Flyers, stickers, Dash wrist band etc $420

Camera for pictures and videos $275

Tokens for participants $200

Total $4695

Contingency of 7% $328.65

Sub Total $5023.65

Establishment of Dash Exchange Centers 4 DASH

GRAND TOTAL 18 DASH

Plus proposal fee of 5 Dash 23 Dash

Last edited:
Sounds good. What kind of POS will the merchants be using?
The best Point of sale that has been adopted now is the manual way which is very common in Ghana here even though we have plans of incorporating some of the best POS but for the few businesses that we have gotten to the Dash community got their Dash Wallets being installed in IPads, Tablets and Smartphones. On the point of sale, the buyer quickly scan the QR code of the seller and funds will be sent directly to the seller's wallet and of course due to how instant Dash transactions are, there is no room for delay tactics.

With the growing enthusiasm of the Ghanaian community in Dash, this proposal is highly needed. it is a yes from me if i could but hey, good luck. YOU are a powerful tool in the DASH GHANA movement, you have my full support.

Voting NO with confidence.

If the objective is to tell people about Dash, going around having and visiting business is a waste of time compared with online advertising. We are a digital currency, not Herbalife.

Our solution has to do with equiping the operators of business and market traders to accept Dash as a means of payment for goods and services.

Then you need to tell us what exactly is this "solution".

We also don't need any more conferences.

Voting NO with confidence.

If the objective is to tell people about Dash, going around having and visiting business is a waste of time compared with online advertising. We are a digital currency, not Herbalife.

Then you need to tell us what exactly is this "solution".

We also don't need any more conferences.
Thank you so much for your input, well noted and will be taken into consideration but what I understand in my networking marketing is to use the right method of penetration. For the fact that we are in the 21st century and of course in a digital world, the others methods are still very relevant in most parts of the world which should be not overlooked. There is always the one best approach to things despite you may be inundated with many, your ability to identify which method will suit your project also forms part of the success you are yearning to achieve. Perhaps you might not know the way things are done here, as I indicated, I have held a number of meet ups times without number and trust me the best method of penetration here is to get physical contact with the people. Many of these businesses are still new to the world of crypto currencies and they need to be educated, they need to see how funds are being sent from peer to another, what tools they should adopt in an exchange of funds from customers when transaction is done.

Thats a great and reasonnably priced proposal. We need to support efforts like this by local communities. However, recently there was events from Ghana that led me to believe that a person you supported in his proposal is not totally commited to dash. This situation create doubts about the motives of future proposals from the region. Transparency is absolutely imperative when dealing with funding. I will support your proposal if you can appease the doubts the recents events created.

Thats a great and reasonnably priced proposal. We need to support efforts like this by local communities. However, recently there was events from Ghana that led me to believe that a person you supported in his proposal is not totally commited to dash. This situation create doubts about the motives of future proposals from the region. Transparency is absolutely imperative

Thank you s much for your concern but with regards to the recent happenings in Ghana, the proposal in question belongs to cryptolib but he shared the idea with Adusei who happens to be a partner to CLE Ghana (a think tank in Ghana) for a number of years now. The said partner (Adusei , Founder of Evolet Ghana) went behind doors and published the same proposal on a different platform under the influenced of his brother cryptotraveler. I supported him because Ghana is a country with over 24 million population and we have only few Dash Evangelist working round clock every day to expand the frontiers and of course its userbase is skyrocketing in present times, I travelled not less than six hours by road to support his course of getting Dash to everyone because I felt like there is more to be done to get Dash to all the 25.9 million inhabitants. I need your full support to get this proposal done because Dash is capable of tackling the economic woes and of course it will provide a fertile ground for prosperity to thrive in this part of the world

Back