• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Version 12.2 release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me also calculate the Return of Investment, in this case study where the Dash masternode owners invested wisely.
Dash's price was about $200 , and after 12.2 was released it reached $400
Which means a profit $200 per dash, aka 200*7.691.998=1.500.000.000$
How much do you pay these guys for making Dash community get a profit of 1,5 billion dollars?
Do you think is enough?
Invest in developers. Invest in developers. Invest in developers.
Do it now, you stupid masternodes!

Show me the proposal and I'll be happy to evaluate its merits and vote. Can't invest in an opportunity if it doesn't exist.

Show me the proposal and I'll be happy to evaluate its merits and vote.
here you are:

I am against salaries. Because those who receive salaries, they are slaves. You should pay developers from the budget. You should pay them whenever they finish a promised job, or whenever they propose something smart (a smart white paper for example).

Of course when I say budget, I mean an alternative budget system and not the current stupidity. Dont pay salaries to the developers, let the developers compete each other (with the help of an alternative budget system that will allow to vote the numbers, of course).

Obviously you should also let the testers compete each other, fortunately this is already done with the help of @jimbursch and his bugbounty project. With a slight change of course, the bug discovered should reduce the compensation of the developer who is responsible for it. You should also create a testers hall of fame.

Give me 5 dash to post it in the budget.

here you are:

Give me 5 dash to post it in the budget.

I promise you, I'll give you a 5 dash bonus for your helpful contribution to Dash's governance if you create a proposal like the one you described, and if you pay the fee yourself (or manage to raise the funds yourself), and if the proposal passes. :)

I promise you, I'll give you a 5 dash bonus for your helpful contribution to Dash's governance if you create a proposal like the one you described, and if you pay the fee yourself (or manage to raise the funds yourself), and if the proposal passes. :)
And why should I help MNOs, a group of people which most of them I don't like ?
My talk and my effort is mainly addressed to my beloved dash community, not to the MNOs.
The MNOs do not exist for me, neither their stupid budget system exists.
I would be stupid if I made the same mistake twice.

Last edited:
./dashman status
dashman version 0.1.25 (37-g38fb02f) - Fri Nov 17 02:05:01 EST 2017
gathering info, please wait... No JSON object could be decoded
DONE!
does someone know, what this error stands for?

Also some nodes have following situation:
masternode started : YES
masternode visible (local) : NO
masternode visible (ninja) : YES
masternode queue/count : 0/0
masternode mnsync state : MASTERNODE_SYNC_FINISHED
masternode network state :
masternode last payment : never
masternode balance : 0
sentinel installed : YES
sentinel tests passed : YES
sentinel crontab enabled : YES
sentinel online : NO
appreciate any advise what can be wrong

Also some nodes have following situation:
masternode started : YES
masternode visible (local) : NO
masternode visible (ninja) : YES
masternode queue/count : 0/0
masternode mnsync state : MASTERNODE_SYNC_FINISHED
masternode network state :
masternode last payment : never
masternode balance : 0
sentinel installed : YES
sentinel tests passed : YES
sentinel crontab enabled : YES
sentinel online : NO
appreciate any advise what can be wrong

I have no experience with using Dashman but i normally check my ip address with grep and also check with Dashninja.pl,
if the ip grep (./dash-cli masternode list full | grep -e IPADDRESS) returns with "ENABLED'' and Dashninja (https://www.dashninja.pl/masternodes.html)
returns "ACTIVE" 100%, then you masternode should be fine.

Just make sure when upgrading from v0.12.1.5 to v0.12.2.1, there will be a need for a start from cold wallet (START-ALIAS) and sentinel will need to get updated
as well through a git pull.

DASH mining looks like its going to die soon. :(
Please help the miners! Is a reduction in the difficulty time re-adjust possible to something a little slower ?
Also how about a little more reward for mining and less to the Master nodes- I know Master node owners would not be happy but master node profit will die anyway if no one mines because power costs overtake profits. If any of these changes are possible please consider- at this rate no one will be mining DASH in a few weeks
wambulance_logo.jpg

FYI:

1. MN upgrade progress
Code:
Total: 4715 (PS Compatible: 4095 / Enabled: 4295 / Qualify: 2064)

i.e. ~86% of all nodes or ~95% of active nodes are upgraded now.

2. It's almost 2 weeks since the 12.2 release and almost every active 12.1 masternode which was started more than 1 week ago was paid (see https://www.dashninja.pl/masternodes.html?mnregexp=70206, sort by "Last paid"), there are like 2 or 3 masternodes left to be paid and then the cycle is done.

3. Given the signaling for DIP0001 we have ~85-90% of the mining power upgraded to 12.2, miners on 12.1 have increased orphan rate due to inconsistency of winners list there (unlike for 12.2), so they have an incentive to upgrade ASAP too.

With all this in mind, please be aware that we are going to activate SPORK_10_MASTERNODE_PAY_UPDATED_NODES in few coming days. Note, that you are not going to be paid (as a MN) and you will most likely mine invalid/orphan blocks all the time (as a pool) if you are still going to run 12.1 after this spork is ON. Don't wait for this to happen, update to 12.2 NOW!

A small note for masternoders who updated to 12.2: as I already noted above https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/version-12-2-release.17807/page-5#post-146784 and as you can see on dashninja - there are quite a few 12.2 masternodes running on 70206 protocol. If your masternode is in this list - you have to re-activate it and make sure it's on 70208 protocol or it will NOT be paid otherwise.

Well that's mature- and for the record that was my first post
Not everybody is equally mature in dash. Please understand that no coin is completely immune to bad actors.
But luckily the majority of voters (aka masternode owners). Is doing there very best do vote in a way that service dash best.

That being said, the 45% 45% 10% split will not change anytime soon, do further research into this will be done, to find the right mix, but that could be years before that actually changed if ever.
In the meantime try and tweak your miner as best as possible, just it has a heater in the winter, try using it in a way you can get taxbreak or something. That who you compete in this business

I just noticed something strange on a maternode payment, it shows in the blockchain but not on dash ninja.

https://www.dashninja.pl/blocks.html Block 774206 is missing. Curious.

The block looks fine, so I can only assume some kinda error / slip on dashninja.? Side note, this masternode was paid 5 day 0 hours after last payment. Quicker than normal

I just noticed something strange on a maternode payment, it shows in the blockchain but not on dash ninja.

https://www.dashninja.pl/blocks.html Block 774206 is missing. Curious.

The block looks fine, so I can only assume some kinda error / slip on dashninja.? Side note, this masternode was paid 5 day 0 hours after last payment. Quicker than normal

Strange indeed. Block 774206 does show up on cryptoid (https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/block.dws?774206.htm), and i also noticed another masternode (on latest version) getting paid after 5 days.
Could be a case of lucky variance for those masternodes and a not totally synced Dashninja block explorer.
(although Dashninja does seem okay now, with correct balance showing at last and a nicely updated website)

Last edited:
Every active node started/paid before or 2 days after the release is paid again now, so payment cycle is complete and SPORK_10_MASTERNODE_PAY_UPDATED_NODES is ON meaning that only upgraded (12.2.x / 70208) nodes are going to be paid from now.

On another note, we are 250+ blocks into new DIP0001 voting period (4032 blocks, ~1 week). So far 90% of blocks are signaling DIP0001 and we need 80%+ support for this period in total at the block 778176. Looking good :)

Code:
2017-11-22 05:04:42 CGovernanceObject::ProcessVote -- Masternode index not found
2017-11-22 05:04:42 CGovernanceObject::ProcessVote -- Masternode index not found
2017-11-22 05:04:43 receive version message: /bitcore:1.1.0/: version 70206, blocks=0, us=[::]:0, peer=142
2017-11-22 05:04:44 AdvertiseLocal: advertising address 75.91.99.153:9999
2017-11-22 05:04:49 SOCKS5 connected 82.196.1.234
2017-11-22 05:04:49 CPrivateSendClient::StartNewQueue -- connected, addr=82.196.1.234:9999
2017-11-22 05:04:49 ThreadSocketHandler -- removing node: peer=143 addr=82.196.1.234:9999 nRefCount=2 fNetworkNode=1 fInbound=0 fMasternode=1
2017-11-22 05:04:49 ERROR: Requesting unset send version for node: 143. Using 209
dash-qt: /home/ubuntu/build/dash/depends/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/share/../include/boost/thread/pthread/recursive_mutex.hpp:113: void boost::recursive_mutex::lock(): Assertion `!pthread_mutex_lock(&m)' failed.
Tail of debug.log showing lastoutput before crash...

This occurs consistently across multiple hardware platforms, all linux64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back