• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Slow mixing. What is the reason?

Hi community!

I am trying to figure out what is the reason of slow mixing. And how we can increase the speed.
Currently i have two ideas:

1. Slow MNs. Or even MNs that do not process the work. As i know currently there is no way to control whether MN do any work or no.
2. Lack of liquidity. When not enough of users want to mix their coins.

Lack of liquidity i think we can easily overcome with budget by creating some nodes providing liquidity constantly mixing and burning some amount of dash.

Any ideas how to find out what is the current bottleneck of mixing?

You mean it doesn't already use the 1000 locked masternode DASH? If devs figured out a way to keep the value of your masternodes locked while allowing it to move around to create the liquidity required for faster mixing, you would have a pool of over 4 million DASH to mix with.

You mean it doesn't already use the 1000 locked masternode DASH? If devs figured out a way to keep the value of your masternodes locked while allowing it to move around to create the liquidity required for faster mixing, you would have a pool of over 4 million DASH to mix with.

Yes, dash network use 1000 dash just to prove that this host is capable to be MN. This funds just remain locked and not used as mixing liquidity source.

Yes, dash network use 1000 dash just to prove that this host is capable to be MN. This funds just remain locked and not used as mixing liquidity source.

What if 1000 DASH VALUE is locked in initially, but the 1000 DASH could be used for the mixing? I mean, someones 50 DASH going in isnt much different than your 50 DASH going out, so it would always have 1000 but can still send from the MN?

Well, its hard to do. Currently blockchain verify one transaction ID of 1000 deposit to prove MN capability. If we will use this coins for mixing it will be very hard (i would say impossible) to make such kind of check.

Mixing fees are very low. And after final activation of v0.12.2 will be even less. I think we need just some kind of nodes doing constant mixing to be liquidity source for network. This will be burning some coins by mixing and paying commissions. But we have a budget to deal with that :)

1. I don't think slow masternodes are an issue because there is no reason for an MN to not do this small amount of work. Modifying the code, on the other hand, would take quite some effort.
2. We did have liquidity providers at some point not sure why exactly we stopped. One issue that they could keep track of all their mixes and thereby increase the chance that your mixing gets tracked though I don't think this should be a real issue.

1. I don't think slow masternodes are an issue because there is no reason for an MN to not do this small amount of work. Modifying the code, on the other hand, would take quite some effort.
2. We did have liquidity providers at some point not sure why exactly we stopped. One issue that they could keep track of all their mixes and thereby increase the chance that your mixing gets tracked though I don't think this should be a real issue.

I would like to disagree. Lots of MNO use cheap VPS and many of them discussing how they reduced maxconnections settings to reduce load. Dahsninja show some MN have "unknown" version. This may be some modified code that just listen to port and pretend a working MN.

Back