• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Keepkey and Electrum?

wndsnb

Has anyone managed to get a Keepkey wallet working with Electrum-Dash?

When I try to create a wallet with my Keepkey, I get this error:

image.png

I don't have a keepkey (looks like I have to buy one...)

Please, make sure that you have the complete installation, in particular whether the hid module is installed correctly. I guess you're under linux, right?

I got this error just while using the Electrum-Dash.
EDIT: I'll try to elaborate on it and look for some fixes to it, but don't promise anything.

Last edited:
I got this error just while using the Electrum-Dash.
EDIT: I'll try to elaborate on it and look for some fixes to it, but don't promise anything.

did u try it with DMT App ? (no electrum but keepkey direct ) ?

did u try it with DMT App ? (no electrum but keepkey direct ) ?
Didn't try this tool yet, since I thought it's related to MN operations. The problem I have is to retrieve the accounts to Electrum and do regular spending. If DMT have some module for KeepKey, I'll try to verify if it works fine and let you know, so the working code can be copied from DMT to Electrum.

Didn't try this tool yet, since I thought it's related to MN operations. The problem I have is to retrieve the accounts to Electrum and do regular spending. If DMT have some module for KeepKey, I'll try to verify if it works fine and let you know, so the working code can be copied from DMT to Electrum.

my bad
sorry thought we are talking MN here
don't they have their own wallet as trezor.wallet ?

No worries :)
They do have their own web wallet, but the upgrades are slow (eg. for Dash it still has the higher fees for transactions). And the UI is pretty basic + no way to make multiple payments in one transaction.

For now I can confirm that DMT works fine with my KeepKey on latest stable release.
Didn't have time to confirm more, but seems like the replacement of support library for KeepKey should fix this problem.

Seems like I found the issue and I'm happy to provide a fix for it. It works for me at least. Because I cannot create new issue in the offficial GitHub for this project (https://github.com/dashpay/electrum-dash), I'm providing the fix here. I hope somebody can commit the solution to the repository and rebuild the sources:
In plugins/keepkey/keepkey.py there are missing lines at the end of the file, within KeepKeyPlugin class:
Code:
    def hid_transport(self, pair):
        from keepkeylib.transport_hid import HidTransport
        return HidTransport(pair)

def bridge_transport(self, d):
        raise NotImplementedError('')

Please let me know if somebody will deal with it, or I can contribute somehow.

Edit: Seems like the code is already there, but the binaries for Windows don't have the fragment I've mentioned, so it just have to be recompiled from sources.

Last edited:
Seems like I found the issue and I'm happy to provide a fix for it. It works for me at least. Because I cannot create new issue in the offficial GitHub for this project (https://github.com/dashpay/electrum-dash), I'm providing the fix here. I hope somebody can commit the solution to the repository and rebuild the sources:
In plugins/keepkey/keepkey.py there are missing lines at the end of the file, within KeepKeyPlugin class:
Code:

Edit: Seems like the code is already there, but the binaries for Windows don't have the fragment I've mentioned, so it just have to be recompiled from sources.

@akhavr
i believe this one if for u
tx

Code:

Thanks, this code will be included in our 2.9.3 release.

Back