• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v12.2 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fonts. The GUI wallet's fonts, at least on my Fedora machine, are always too big or too small ... this has been an annoyance for quite some time. Anyone else have these issues as well? Or is this isolated to my builds. Regardless, if someone can point to me where fonts are managed in the code as a starting point, maybe I will take a stab at fixing the issue. Or... is this a QT issue? Maybe I am missing a required library or package?

Anyone else have bizarre font sizes in their GUI wallet?

Fonts. The GUI wallet's fonts, at least on my Fedora machine, are always too big or too small ... this has been an annoyance for quite some time. Anyone else have these issues as well? Or is this isolated to my builds. Regardless, if someone can point to me where fonts are managed in the code as a starting point, maybe I will take a stab at fixing the issue. Or... is this a QT issue? Maybe I am missing a required library or package?

Anyone else have bizarre font sizes in their GUI wallet?
That's a known issue for hires/hi-dpi screens. Try selecting "light-hires" theme in settings.

If you were running testnet MN and don't want to do this anymore - please don't just shutdown the node, move the collateral to de-list your MN.

I've been looking to contribute in some way and figured I'd try to do a bit of bug testing on testnet but the mixing doesn't seem to be achieving anything on testnet.

I would post a screenshot, but as a new account I'm not able to post links:

17/11/2017 08:30 Confirmed (198 confirmations). PrivateSend Create Denominations -0.00001314
17/11/2017 08:28 Confirmed (200 confirmations). PrivateSend Create Denominations -0.00001313
17/11/2017 08:27 Confirmed (201 confirmations). PrivateSend Create Denominations -0.00001688
17/11/2017 08:27 Confirmed (201 confirmations). PrivateSend Create Denominations -0.00001688
17/11/2017 08:25 Confirmed (203 confirmations). PrivateSend Create Denominations -0.00000430
17/11/2017 08:22 Confirmed (204 confirmations). PrivateSend Create Denominations -0.00000599
17/11/2017 08:18 Confirmed (205 confirmations). PrivateSend Create Denominations -0.00001007
16/11/2017 17:47 Confirmed (533 confirmations). PrivateSend Create Denominations -0.00001450
16/11/2017 17:44 Confirmed (534 confirmations). PrivateSend Create Denominations -0.00001688
16/11/2017 17:42 Confirmed (535 confirmations). PrivateSend Create Denominations -0.00001688
16/11/2017 17:32 Confirmed (541 confirmations). Received with (no label) yP25mbtg61xsjNKSQwK9VWGE1KzR1NkR9T 544.55950000
16/11/2017 17:31 Confirmed (541 confirmations). Received with (no label) yZheigkwf4iRWMC5msZCgTyrUAAMKhUUif 1060.61300000

The first two entries were receiving funds from a test faucet and then after that the mixing started, but doesn't seem to have achieved anything. My PrivateSend balance is still at 0.00

Am I missing a step somewhere?

Also none of the testnet block explorers listed in the wiki seem to be working anymore. Are there any currently functioning ones?

Is there no one from the core team that can comment on the state of the TestNet? Is there some other avenue I should use to contact them?

@Nanolucas sorry, missed your previous post somehow :/
@strophy got it exactly right - 12.2 release was like 2 weeks ago, so almost no one is interested in (mixing on) testnet anymore. You should either find someone and cooperate or you can simply setup 3 local wallets (each in separate datadir) and mix with yourself.
https://test.explorer.dash.org/ is indeed down, it's still reindexing...

@strophy Thanks for the help! This should get me back on track now. Good job updating the wiki to include the link to that explorer also, as I definitely visited that page before asking here and tried each of the explorers, none of which were working.

@UdjinM6 Thanks for the insight. I was actually expecting that the core team would have multiple test accounts running perpetually so it's good to know that I should always just assume I need to set up my own. Do you guys use some sort of private testnet for development?

@UdjinM6 Thanks for the insight. I was actually expecting that the core team would have multiple test accounts running perpetually so it's good to know that I should always just assume I need to set up my own. Do you guys use some sort of private testnet for development?
We don't use private testnet yet, though we'll probably do because otherwise it's hard to keep it consistent - unfortunately a lot of people just don't follow testnet updates once release is out. Testnet in such state is not very usable for developing/testing InstantSend applications for example etc, so managing few controllable (somewhat private) environments is probably the way to go for development/demonstration/private testing purposes.

Not sure if this is the right place for it or not but I'm wondering if there's anybody who would be willing and able to add an Ubuntu ppa for Dash+Sentinel? I see there's one for Redhat and CentOS but Ubuntu is my go to and it would be much simpler to just apt-get install dashcore :) than the current route.

Not sure if this is the right place for it or not but I'm wondering if there's anybody who would be willing and able to add an Ubuntu ppa for Dash+Sentinel? I see there's one for Redhat and CentOS but Ubuntu is my go to and it would be much simpler to just apt-get install dashcore :) than the current route.
@flare ? ^^^

On my list :)

On my list :)

Awesome!

Someone should probably update the Docker builds as well - https://hub.docker.com/r/tomasen/dash-masternode/ (found this one on Docker Hub and it's still 12.1)

I'd much rather pick up a Docker build directly from Dash Core than from a third-party.

The easier that update and deployment gets for Masternode operators, the more likely they'll be to keep their system up to date. There's definitely an assumption that can be made regarding the kind of people who are going to be running Masternode's and their technical abilities but it still doesn't hurt to make it simpler.

After activation of DIP0001 I get the following on my Ubuntu server running 0.12.2.1 when trying to set the fee to 0.00001:
Error: Invalid amount for -paytxfee=<amount>: '0.00001' (must be at least 0.00010000 DASH/kB)
Dashd does not start because of this setting.

Other wallets have no issue to accept 0.00001

Switching it back to 0.0001 DASH/kB starts dashd again, but dash-cli getinfo returns:
"errors": "Warning: unknown new rules activated (versionbit 1)"

Any thoughts?

After activation of DIP0001 I get the following on my Ubuntu server running 0.12.2.1 when trying to set the fee to 0.00001:
Error: Invalid amount for -paytxfee=<amount>: '0.00001' (must be at least 0.00010000 DASH/kB)
Dashd does not start because of this setting.

Other wallets have no issue to accept 0.00001

Switching it back to 0.0001 DASH/kB starts dashd again, but dash-cli getinfo returns:
"errors": "Warning: unknown new rules activated (versionbit 1)"

Any thoughts?
Current version is starting with DIP0001 disabled by default and then it's applying the status of DIP0001 on top of it.
You can adjust paytxfee via rpc:
Code:
settxfee amount

Set the transaction fee per kB. Overwrites the paytxfee parameter.

Arguments:

1. amount         (numeric or sting, required) The transaction fee in DASH/kB

Result

true|false        (boolean) Returns true if successful

Examples:

> dash-cli settxfee 0.00001

> curl --user myusername --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "1.0", "id":"curltest", "method": "settxfee", "params": [0.00001] }' -H 'content-type: text/plain;' http://127.0.0.1:19998/

Warning is a cosmetic bug, should cause any issues. We'll fix it in next update.

Current version is starting with DIP0001 disabled by default and then it's applying the status of DIP0001 on top of it.
You can adjust paytxfee via rpc:
Code:
settxfee amount

Set the transaction fee per kB. Overwrites the paytxfee parameter.

Arguments:

1. amount         (numeric or sting, required) The transaction fee in DASH/kB

Result

true|false        (boolean) Returns true if successful

Examples:

> dash-cli settxfee 0.00001

> curl --user myusername --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "1.0", "id":"curltest", "method": "settxfee", "params": [0.00001] }' -H 'content-type: text/plain;' http://127.0.0.1:19998/

Warning is a cosmetic bug, should cause any issues. We'll fix it in next update.

Ah ok.
Maybe in next update also let the system accept the txfee setting from dash.conf for the DIP0001 compliant fees?

Can you explain in retard language what dip0001 is and why anyone should care?
https://github.com/dashpay/dips/blob/master/dip-0001.md
Basically it is a way to activate new consensus rules and make sure that MNs and miners "voted" for this by upgrading their software. It's a BIP9-like mechanism which can be used for different stuffs but this time it was block size limit increase (2mb) and 100kb tx limit. We also reused the same bit to lower fees 10x that's why they sometimes referred as DIP0001 fees. DIP0001 is already activated, so no need to care about this specific one anymore :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back