• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Suggestion: A "General Discussions" where only Masternode Owners can see and post.

If non-MNOs are denied transparency, what would they think? - elitism?
And as kot pointed out, not everyone wants to be identified as an MNO, privately or publicly, Dash has already been approached by the FBI, meaning the forums and it's people have already been scanned, even if cursory.

Good point @GrandMasterDash. Let everyone see everything then, if you don't have the Masternode badge you can't make new posts in that particular Forum or reply to existing ones.

Listen, we already have Masternode badges. Every argument you can bring about privacy is already invalid because we already have Masternode badges.

All we are asking is for a new section of the forum where only those who already have the Masternode badges can create posts and reply (everyone can still see). I hope this is clear because I can't think of any other clearer way to explain.

I personally have no problems with creating a subforum where only MNOs (i.e. users with valid MN signatures) can create posts/reply and regular users can only read things. But probably only as long as this can be automated, I'd hate to manage ever changing list of MNOs manually.

Is it possible? @moocowmoo

PS. moving to Forum feedback

I get tired of all this "shut out the non-MNOs" bullshit. Look at the date I joined this forum! I pre-date every one of you asking for an MNO-only section by a very long time. I don't have a masternode, probably never will, but every penny I own is in Dash. According to you guys this means I should be shut out, unable to view or participate in your little MNOs only club... why, because I don't have enough skin in the game? Every penny I own is not skin enough? Maybe because I have nothing valuable to add to the discussion, because I've only been around here two years longer than you. I've already watched months of discussions calling for DashCentral to be MNOs only. Don't worry, I've never posted there, I got the message I wasn't welcome. If I have something to say about a proposal, I post here on the forum. At least I have until now.

Do whatever you want, but don't be surprised that you meet resistance. Elitism has its place, but this forum isn't it.

In some countries there is a tax on plastic carrier bags. It's a very small fee, just a few cents, but it's very effective for recycling because the world is full of penny-pinchers. I strongly oppose the tax but it's effectiveness is undeniable.

I totally get why we shouldn't discriminate / shut out people but I wonder if we could have an experimental forum where everyone has to pay a small nominal fee to post. I suspect the quality of the conversation would greatly improve.

Pay-to-post works on yours.org - just 10 cents - so I don't see why dash can't do likewise (maybe even 5 cents).

I get tired of all this "shut out the non-MNOs" bullshit. Look at the date I joined this forum! I pre-date every one of you asking for an MNO-only section by a very long time. I don't have a masternode, probably never will, but every penny I own is in Dash. According to you guys this means I should be shut out, unable to view or participate in your little MNOs only club... why, because I don't have enough skin in the game? Every penny I own is not skin enough? Maybe because I have nothing valuable to add to the discussion, because I've only been around here two years longer than you. I've already watched months of discussions calling for DashCentral to be MNOs only. Don't worry, I've never posted there, I got the message I wasn't welcome. If I have something to say about a proposal, I post here on the forum. At least I have until now.

Do whatever you want, but don't be surprised that you meet resistance. Elitism has its place, but this forum isn't it.

Masternode Owners VS non Masternode Owners.

LETS GET THEM!

LETS STOP BEING THE SLAVES OF THE MASTERNODES OWNERS AND OF THE OLD GREEDY DASH GENERATIONS!

STOP THE CENSORSHIP! LET THE BANNED PEOPLE TALK!

Last edited:
Regarding the suggestion to apply for the MNO role in Discord (which has the drawback that it requires manual intevention), be advised that I requested the Discord MNO role on the morning of 3 November 2017 and have been ignored. I have just made a second request. If I am ignored again, I will give up on the discord solution.

@Coqui33

Even if it worked, a chat system is not a place for these discussions. Can't search, can't organize by topic, it's all bundled together in an endless unsearchable unorganized string of messages.

@Coqui33

Even if it worked, a chat system is not a place for these discussions. Can't search, can't organize by topic, it's all bundled together in an endless unsearchable unorganized string of messages.
I agree. I just felt that I should at least give it a shot. I have done so.

For the reasons you cite, as well as for depending on fallible manual intervention, I doubt it can serve the spirit of Dash governance -- supporting those with skin in the game while silencing those without.

@tungfa @moocowmoo bosses, could we give this idea a go and if it doens't work in 3 months we take it back? Just so we are clear, a forum where everyone can see but only users with the masternode badge can post, reply, and rate posts (agree / disagree / like / dislike etc). A suggestion for the name would be " General Discussion (Masternode Owners)".

May I suggest that any MNO who wants such a forum should post a thread in budget pre-proposals offering to pay for it. There are many freelance coders out there who would build it to make a profit. (I used to be one, many years ago.)

Once someone makes a serious proposal, the MNOs can vote on it. The decision is in the hands of the MNOs. Use Dash's unique governance system. Let the market decide.

Last edited:
Masternode Owners VS non Masternode Owners.

LETS GET THEM!

LETS STOP BEING THE SLAVES OF THE MASTERNODES OWNERS AND OF THE OLD GREEDY DASH GENERATIONS!

STOP THE CENSORSHIP! LET THE BANNED PEOPLE TALK!

I'm so sick of the tension
Sick of the hunger
Sick of you acting like I owe you this
Find another place to feed your greed
While I find a place to rest

@tungfa @moocowmoo bosses, could we give this idea a go and if it doens't work in 3 months we take it back? Just so we are clear, a forum where everyone can see but only users with the masternode badge can post, reply, and rate posts (agree / disagree / like / dislike etc). A suggestion for the name would be " General Discussion (Masternode Owners)".

Just following this up. Let me know if we need to buy a plugin or something and I'll personally buy it and donate the license to dash.org

Back