• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Catastrophic mining difficulty on pools. What will be in November?

boniman

Something catastrophic is happening... My iBeLink DM11 mines 0.08 Dash per day. The mining difficulty increased up to 4.5 millions value. What will be in November with the new batch of Antminer D3? Will Dash's currency increase due to the increasing of the mining difficulty?

Hopefully the price will increase to compensate. If history repeats itself mining profit will go up and down.

i have seen many of these "surprised" post that the hashrate is going up
tbh - what are people expecting ? that they are the only once getting new miners ?
;)

The difficulty in November will make almost every piece of existing hardware obsolete.

Check out this sweet exponential curve, the difficulty could be 10 to 20 million in November if that upward trend doesn't break. Exponentials are crazy like that.

Miners will be resistant to selling at a loss so there many be some supply side effects on price.

Ultimately this a a global market so only those with the very cheapest electricity and earliest access to new hardware will mine a decent profit.

Are you situated in China? Perhaps near a hydroelectric plant with excess capacity? Do you own a company that makes ASIC miners?
If you answered yes to all of the above congratulations: you're going to become even richer!

The difficulty in November will make almost every piece of existing hardware obsolete.

Check out this sweet exponential curve, the difficulty could be 10 to 20 million in November if that upward trend doesn't break. Exponentials are crazy like that.

Miners will be resistant to selling at a loss so there many be some supply side effects on price.

Ultimately this a a global market so only those with the very cheapest electricity and earliest access to new hardware will mine a decent profit.

Are you situated in China? Perhaps near a hydroelectric plant with excess capacity? Do you own a company that makes ASIC miners?
If you answered yes to all of the above congratulations: you're going to become even richer!

Unfortunately I'm situated not in China and I'm just a consumer like the most users of iBeLinks.

I don't know but looking at that hashrate

65nqpqu.png

and I believe there is a close correlation with the difficulty and the hashrate,
As of right now for some reason I could see that hitting 200T and even 300T next 4 - 5 months. That could change if I see a little bit of sideways action as it wobbles sideways just like the hash action in jan2017 - apr 2017. If it does that then yeah I could see it maintaining. But as of right now, I'm just seeing volatility, what some people might call parabolic moves in most cases upwards. I'll still monitor it over the next couple of weeks, months, see what it does.

The difficulty has risen approximately 1.9% each week for the past three weeks. Is there a real chance that the difficulty could be as high as 20.8M by the end of November?

dash mining is over in december the electric bill will wipe out the profit and you will be mining at a loss
no more dash im afraid

it all depends on the price and when u sell your mined coins obviously
general predictions are after the BTC fork on the 11th the money goes back into Alts after as usual
definitely hold and keep that miner ticking
good luck

Bitmain wont send out there Apw3+'s in November 2017 because of the difficulty being so high and you will only get your Antminer D3 units
I think your power supply will be sent at christmas and thats over 6 weeks to late for me
I recon the X11 mining is over in november as the difficulty has peaked and reached 35 million by the 9th november already as bitmain sold to many units and killed the dash
The X11 algo cant handle the Terahash rate now and the earnings are now down to $2 a day and falling
I realise Bitmain are manipulating the mining by not sending out the power supplies on time
so to cap it they have killed X11, flooded the market with 100,000 units and holding power supplies back
and not answering messages or tweets on this subject.
I no they wont refund the customers they send out D3's to in late november as they will be packaging door stops and maybe thinking we are all stupid idiots who bought into it
and maybe we are stupid for falling for there lies
I am sorry for the buyers of D3's and the best option is to sell it on ebay as fast as possible without the psu
thx
Steve

Last edited:
Back