• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: A masternode server in your android cell phone

A masternode server in your android cell phone..

• Total voters
How does dynamic-dns relate to port forwarding?
Masternode MUST(!!!) listen on port 9999. You should forward the port 9999 to be listened on your public IP. You have no reliable way to forward this specific port through ISPs' internal network (commonly Enterprise/IPS hardware do not support UPnP). In edge cases you can achive it, but in most cases you will fail.
Of course MUST NOT. Who said that? I told you. There will be midleware servers running in the standard port 9999, and when the client connects to them they will redirect it to the masternode servers that run in the non standard port. Dont you understand this?

Last edited:
Speed.
Network Switching.
IP changing as networks change.
Port definitions inaccessible and/or controlled by a part over which you have no influence. Can shut it off at any time.
Bandwidth usage will be huge. They will notice. Can you afford it even if they don't shut it off?
Under powered.
Latency.
Instability.
Power draw. You'll basically have to leave it plugged into the charger. Many phones draw more than the charger supplies under these loads. Battery will die even when plugged in...
Since you're anchored, may as well use a Pi...

It's much cheaper to run a dedicated server, and all of these areas are eliminated and/or massively improved upon.

It's a dumb idea. It compromises MN's in so many ways...
I asked one question, and you throwed all to me ! I am not going to write a paper here explaining everything, please read the privatix paper, they explain there how to deal with all your concerns.

Of course using pi/udoo for that purpose will be much better, but I believe that whatever tiny small machine can provide just a little more bandwidth to the network, it will be usefull. We are talking about a bandwidth bank.

My only real concern is the power draw, that batteries will die even if pugged in. In that case, you change the battery.

Last edited:
Back