• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is Dash Force News going rogue?

jimbursch

Joel Valuenzuela (@thedesertlynx) has posted an interesting declaration of editorial independence, indicating that some kind of bombshell is forthcoming.

https://www.dashforcenews.com/might-risk-job-dash-network/

Does the full Dash Force News team (@mastermined and @Mark Mason) support this change in direction?

Does the Dash community (including MNOs) support Dash Force News as an independent journalism project, as opposed to a marketing project?

Personally I think that this is a good development for Dash, and based on Joel's product, I think he will do a good job.

Our Treasury is handing out cold hard cash and does this (every once in a while) with a dangerous lack of due diligence. This attracts the worst kinds of people. The first step to mend this fault is to expose these people, even if they're close to us.

Joel Valuenzuela (@thedesertlynx) has posted an interesting declaration of editorial independence, indicating that some kind of bombshell is forthcoming.

https://www.dashforcenews.com/might-risk-job-dash-network/

Does the full Dash Force News team (@mastermined and @Mark Mason) support this change in direction?

Does the Dash community (including MNOs) support Dash Force News as an independent journalism project, as opposed to a marketing project?

Personally I think that this is a good development for Dash, and based on Joel's product, I think he will do a good job.

Dash Force News was formed as a news site, not a PR arm, as Dash Core already has PR contracts with Wachsman PR. Ryan Taylor even mentioned previously that a journalistic arm of the greater Dash DAO was important because it could, among other things, criticize Core. This "new direction" is just more depth, not a change in direction at all.

The first fruits of this:

https://www.dashforcenews.com/investigation-bitcarts-challenges-origins/

Our Treasury is handing out cold hard cash and does this (every once in a while) with a dangerous lack of due diligence. This attracts the worst kinds of people. The first step to mend this fault is to expose these people, even if they're close to us.

True. While building out mechanism for better governance, it's important to realize what we're facing first. I'm a journalist, so I'm helping how I can. Others are working on much more lasting improvements that I'm unable to provide.

Nobody is going "rogue" ! :rolleyes:

"expose these people, even if they're close to us"
yes sure - but parallel we have to check our facts !

i posted on multiple outlets already about this
i do not know the details about the initial deal but i am VERY surprised to read this today
we are in touch with BitCart direct + met them in London and at their office in ireland (fernando went there twice) , they NEVER mentioned any problems there ! these "allegations" that come out here this morning from some "confidential communications and sensitive documents" are very very surpising to me - i pinged the core on it already +
DashCentral if they do a resubmission of the proposal and it does not show on blockchain / pages it is a blockchain problem (or they submitted it wrong) this has nothing to do with DC i would put the pitchforks down for a sec and have a look at the facts and wait for a core response

PS: i thought the initial deal / $ was to get them roling - as usual - keeping services up / available / servers extensions and such are on the merchant - and NOT Core responsibility ! their new proposal obviously does not look good as their service is not as it is supposed to be / run- and sure whother 300k for something which did not deliver on the 1st part does not make sense core would never sign any deals ' promising' to keep their scaling financed ! (scaling is on them !)
ok lets wait until we collect more facts (or other with more details post) - i will keep this thread informs with what i find out

Is there a potential conflict of interest here? Joel says he is able to subsist on DASH with no fiat bank, largely due to being able to buy Amazon gift cards through Bitcart.

Here is what I wrote regarding the " Why I Might Risk My Job With the Dash Network" article...

Cross post....

"I don’t think you, or I should say We, have too much to worry about. But like we talked about in our meeting, anything is possible, including the defunding of Dash Force. So the whole Dash Force team is on the line.
Myself and Mark both support your investigative journalistic adventures but people should also know that does not mean we will all agree on everything. Masternode owners should remember this too and not vote against Dash Force because of what one member says when the whole rest of the team might disagree with said individual.

I have held off doing my long planned proposal review podcast for fear it would only work against Dash Force and piss off a bunch of proposal owners who may also be masternode owners. I’m going to move forward with that project now and try to shine a light on things from that angle too. There will be plenty of familiar faces dropping by and some special guest too!"

Ryan Taylor even mentioned previously that a journalistic arm of the greater Dash DAO was important because it could, among other things, criticize Core.
Which will get you ignored, or worse, projects sabotaged.

Expect a very large number of MNs to vote which have never voted before...

I agree that Dash needs this. And frankly, Dash Core doesn't communicate with the public nearly enough. I'm hoping Core will contact Joel and give their side of the story soon. If not, no matter who is to blame for this particular issue, shame on core for not even talking on one subject that has been brought up.

I read a comment recently, someone said it would be nice if Core would do a weekly update, perhaps going on a Youtube channel or something. I really don't see why that would take so much time away from a spokesperson. Someone like Ryan to take an AMA or something once a week for an hour. I think that would be time well spent.

there is no issue with Core and DashForceNews or any of this !
"investigative journalism" is obviously handled different than done in that story on Bitcard !
in the real world - both sides aways get a voice in a story like that !
both sides have the chance to express their points and facts !
in this bitcard story that was NOT done ! this is bias as it only features bitcards opinions and "facts" (that is NOT how investigative journalism works !!)
but
it is published now and so be it
i hope the 'journalists' learn their lesson here and do this the proper way next time
(reaching out to both parties involved before publishing - asking for comments after (which nobody did) for the unpublished/ unquoted party is still bias - as they now have to defend themselves and opinions are already created (against them) - hence: everybody needs the chance to voice their opinions and facts in the original publication)

@Ryan Taylor comment on DC:
IDrrQBV.png

Please, let's not turn this into a false Dash Force vs Dash Core. Both teams do their thing and we respect each other. Being critical about things is totally ok. In this case we disagree about how certain things should have been handled, but that is no major problem. I don't know how it works inside Dash Force, but inside Dash Core we also disagree all the time and discuss, that is how things move forward.

Being critical about things is totally ok. In this case we disagree about how certain things should have been handled, but that is no major problem.

I agree 100% with this sentiment, and I see the Dash community maturing as it works through these public issues in a public manner.

Thank you @tungfa for passing along @Ryan Taylor response that was posted on Dash Central.

Since the Dash Forum is the only community channel that is owned and operated by Dash Core, I would like to see all official statements and communications at the very least be cross posted on the Forum.

I agree 100% with this sentiment, and I see the Dash community maturing as it works through these public issues in a public manner.

Thank you @tungfa for passing along @Ryan Taylor response that was posted on Dash Central.

Since the Dash Forum is the only community channel that is owned and operated by Dash Core, I would like to see all official statements and communications at the very least be cross posted on the Forum.
About the forum, I agree because it is open to anyone without and account to read. However, what @tungfa posted is a direct reply to a message in Dash Central, so it can be cross posted here without context as an announcement.

I understand the reason for the work on Evolution being under cover, and I think nearly everyone agrees this is the way to go to protect our work. But that doesn't mean core can't update the network with information to give the network an idea as to what is going on. For Evolution, would it reveal too much if a core representative talked publicly in terms of the road map, which is public, and say " we are currently 80% complete with road map item #whatever and there was a bit of lag as we brought a new employee up to date, but we feel this employee will speed things up next month as she is already catching on and coming up with solutions for us......... blah blah blah. Just overviews like that make the network feel like they're included, informed and that there is communication. At least Chuck has been great about appearing in the discord and on youtube a lot, but someone like Ryan, who knows what he can and can not say, and knows the overview of the whole project could do a little more communication.

Really, Chuck has been super fantastic though, and has really taken the heat off of core in my opinion.

The DASH Force work is very important as independent and open investigative news. Core has not developed any culture of correct communications with the community for now. In cryptoprojects the CORE Team often is really the Core of the project, which is often true and important. But it should not work in secrecy and join anti-crypto alliances like EEA without any open knowledge of the community. Good that Joel made this bombshell public so i can think now and watch CORE now very closely if there are any deeper ties to these 7 major banks, which are all no angels. Just to mention a Santander and JPM. Both of them have done enough harm to the us public, just think of the coming subprime auto loan desaster aka CLOs.

Back