• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

my mobile wallet isn't synchronizing for about an hour now...

my mobile wallet isn't synchronizing for about an hour now...

its still pending... anyone have same problem?

yes, mine has finally synchronised, but is empty of transactions and balance.
and i have wallet backup .dat files, but dash core will not accept the file.

i have checked on dash explorer, chainzID and all the transactions and balance are correct there.

i have done a wallet backup in the past, just to make sure i could do it, if ever i needed to,
and it worked fine then.

wallet.dat backup is now not working.

any clues what to do next.

i have both my PUB and PRIVATE keys to my wallet.

thank you all

PS
just curious, i could not find a forum specifically for dashcore .
could you please make one tungfa and friends?

so that these dash core difficulties, info and solutions are all in one place.

Last edited:
If the Dash Wallet 5.14.5 isn't syncing, its because there are network connectivity issues on the device (perhaps because of WiFi or other things) or it is incorrectly reporting that it is not synced (a bug that happens in rare cases).

If your balance is empty, then perhaps there are network connectivity issues, but it is hard to tell. Did you do a Reset blockchain?

Do a Report Issue from the nav menu and I will look at the logs and try to figure out if there is a problem.

The backup files from this app do not work on any other software. You can over do Safety / View Recovery Phrase and get your 12 word seed phrase that you can import into anothter app that supports BIP32 such as dashwallet for iOS.

yes, did a reset blockchain.

ok, will do a report issue

cannot see anywhere on the menu to do a report issue

Next to the Dash logo, there is a hamburger icon (three horizontal lines on top of each other). Tap that and then Report Issue is the 5th item.

If the Dash Wallet 5.14.5 isn't syncing, its because there are network connectivity issues on the device (perhaps because of WiFi or other things) or it is incorrectly reporting that it is not synced (a bug that happens in rare cases).

If your balance is empty, then perhaps there are network connectivity issues, but it is hard to tell. Did you do a Reset blockchain?

Do a Report Issue from the nav menu and I will look at the logs and try to figure out if there is a problem.

The backup files from this app do not work on any other software. You can over do Safety / View Recovery Phrase and get your 12 word seed phrase that you can import into anothter app that supports BIP32 such as dashwallet for iOS.

i just clicked 'RESET OPTIONS' and the wallet is opening and syncing as if opening for the first time.

Next to the Dash logo, there is a hamburger icon (three horizontal lines on top of each other). Tap that and then Report Issue is the 5th item.

perhaps tell me where is the dash logo?

to make sure i am looking in the right place.

though i have spent over half hour looking in every nook and cranny of the dashcore wallet for a logo

apart from the two logos on the overview tab

thank you for your assistance @HashEngineering, i just cannot find where the hamburger is

Last edited:

there is also nothing on the menu which says "Safety / View Recovery Phrase"

i am using dashcore
Dash Core version v0.12.1.0 (64-bit)

on macbook

i have not ever used a phone wallet

ah hah, perhaps the hamburger is only on a phone wallet?

Last edited:

yes, mine has finally synchronised, but is empty of transactions and balance.
and i have wallet backup .dat files, but dash core will not accept the file.

i have checked on dash explorer, chainzID and all the transactions and balance are correct there.

i have done a wallet backup in the past, just to make sure i could do it, if ever i needed to,
and it worked fine then.

wallet.dat backup is now not working.

any clues what to do next.

i have both my PUB and PRIVATE keys to my wallet.

thank you all

PS
just curious, i could not find a forum specifically for dashcore .
could you please make one tungfa and friends?

so that these dash core difficulties, info and solutions are all in one place.

https://www.dash.org/forum/topic/daemon-and-qt-wallet-guides.63/
:D

ah hah, perhaps the hamburger is only on a phone wallet?

Yes, because another post (the third one) specifically mentioned the Dash Wallet for android, I was answering you as if you had issues that app. Sorry, I was confused. The one mentioning the android app version was someone else.

o yes, i appreciate so much your coming to my aid.
it is often confusing if a query is tacked on to another thread.
i was unsure of whether or not to start another post.
because so often posts are duplicated when really they need to be together.

the link that @splawik21 supplied is splendid.

i would really appreciate seeing a forum dedicated to Dash Core.
needing to throughly understand how to keep wallet safe and how to back up and how to restore is so fundamental.

could you please put a request in to begin a dedicated forum to Dash Core?

Back