• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin > Dash

utlord

Hi, i am trying to use my old Darkcoin wallet with Dash QT. Here is what it looks like.

I do not know what are those transactions, i have not made them. Anyway my wallet shows 0 dash after full sync.

I have tried.

1. Upgrade wallet format
2. Recover transactions 1 and 2
3. Rescan blockchain

Still 0 DASH

If i run same wallet with old darkcoin QT it shows this, see uploaded image and of course it can not sync.
Capture3.JPG
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Hi @utlord! First make sure your Darkcoin wallet.dat is backed up, preferably with multiple copies (Appdata > Roaming > Darkcoin assuming you're in Windows), then make sure you are running the latest Dash QT wallet. It should be v.0.12.1.5.

Now, with the wallet shut down, locate Appdata > Roaming > DashCore and rename the wallet.dat that's in there to something else (you can delete it later). Copy over to that same folder the wallet.dat from your Darkcoin wallet. Start up the 0.12.1.5 wallet and let it sync.

So what is happening? Is the 0.12.1.5 properly synced? Do you see any transactions in that wallet?

Something puzzles me about your screenshots above. You said you don't recognise those transactions, and the dates show 2013!! Darkcoin/Xcoin genesis block wasn't until 19th January 2014, which makes every one of those transactions detailed in your screenshot impossible. (I'm happy to be corrected!) I have also plugged that address into the block explorer and it isn't recognised. Someone more technical may have a better suggestion, but all this suggests to me that your wallet.dat file is corrupted. Do you have another copy of the file that you can try?

Back