• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Bitcoin vs Dash – Which is the currency of the future?

Coreminer

Dash Evolution is an attempt to make cryptocurrency accessible to regular people – “cryptocurrency that your mum could use”. You’ll be able to send currency using a name which looks more like an email address than a computer error. You’ll also be able to log into an account from wherever you are, using your phone, your computer, or someone else’s computer, while still retaining control of your funds. The user interface will look something like PayPal or Venmo or an Internet banking site – something familiar and intuitive to many people.

i am with Dash what about you?

Many people believe that Bitcoin is always going to be on top of digital currencies, because it was the first currency of its kind to take hold, and it now has an established market cap. It’s true, Bitcoin is the only case of a widespread, functioning blockchain. However, Bitcoin is not without its problems, the most important of which is user experience.

I think Bitcoin will be seen as a 'store of value' which is easy to transfer when necessary... and that Dash will be used for everyday commonplace transactions AND will also be considered to be a store of value as well.

I think Bitcoin will be seen as a 'store of value' which is easy to transfer when necessary... and that Dash will be used for everyday commonplace transactions AND will also be considered to be a store of value as well.

This is a widespread belief but I disagree. Of course, there will always be a hardcore group of bitcoin users but I think within 2 - 4 years bitcoin will be well and truly knocked from it's perch. Bitcoin was compromised with segwit by the CIA or other deep-state actors. I am committed to using legacy addresses for large sums and segwit addresses for hot wallets only.

This is a widespread belief but I disagree. Of course, there will always be a hardcore group of bitcoin users but I think within 2 - 4 years bitcoin will be well and truly knocked from it's perch. Bitcoin was compromised with segwit by the CIA or other deep-state actors. I am committed to using legacy addresses for large sums and segwit addresses for hot wallets only.
Very informative thanks.

Also a very bold statement given today’s price increase in btc!

I have some btc on a Trezor and I haven’t moved the bitcoins from the legacy wallet. From what you’ve said, I’m glad I haven’t moved it into the new Segwit wallet which Trezor seems to prompt me to do.

Would you agree that it’s best to keep using the legacy wallet forever, or will I be forced to use segwit at some point?

I appreciate your opinion!

(Btw, I am much more invested in Dash than btc ! )

Very informative thanks.

Also a very bold statement given today’s price increase in btc!

I have some btc on a Trezor and I haven’t moved the bitcoins from the legacy wallet. From what you’ve said, I’m glad I haven’t moved it into the new Segwit wallet which Trezor seems to prompt me to do.

Would you agree that it’s best to keep using the legacy wallet forever, or will I be forced to use segwit at some point?

I appreciate your opinion!

(Btw, I am much more invested in Dash than btc ! )

It really is just my personal opinion but for anyone that's read "The New Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" by John Perkins, you'll know exactly where I'm coming from.

I would never say "forever" because everything is conditional, but for now the bulk of my bitcoin is sitting in legacy addresses for the long haul. I am not entirely out of segwit coins because good money management is very important. But just like you, I have more invested elsewhere than bitcoin.

It really is just my personal opinion but for anyone that's read "The New Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" by John Perkins, you'll know exactly where I'm coming from.

I would never say "forever" because everything is conditional, but for now the bulk of my bitcoin is sitting in legacy addresses for the long haul. I am not entirely out of segwit coins because good money management is very important. But just like you, I have more invested elsewhere than bitcoin.
Thanks for the info @GrandMasterDash

Unfortunately Mr Market is never wrong, and at the moment it seems few people care about such infiltrations. It seems bizarre that people are not aware of Btc’s many shortcomings.

Maybe the ‘network effect’ is the most important thing compared to everything else.

I do wonder tho, even if Dash or another coin rose up to challenge btc in a truly meaningful way... then perhaps Dash would be infiltrated and co-opted too?

Or does Dash have better protection from such a fate due to the distributed masternode governance structure?

What do you think?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info @GrandMasterDash

Unfortunately Mr Market is never wrong, and at the moment it seems few people care about such infiltrations. It seems bizarre that people are not aware of Btc’s many shortcomings.

Maybe the ‘network effect’ is the most important thing compared to everything else.

I do wonder tho, even if Dash or another coin rose up to challenge btc in a truly meaningful way... then perhaps Dash would be infiltrated and co-opted too?

Or does Dash have better protection from such a fate due to the distributed masternode governance structure?

What do you think?

Tbh, I'm tired of what Mr Market thinks. All the new money in crypto seems to be measuring it's success in USD. Which is fine until USD hyper-inflates, then suddenly we requires a new yardstick, or more importantly, a re-examination of what matters in crypto.

I'm not just skeptical of segwit. How about zooko‏ from zcash, "And by the way, I think we can successfully make Zcash too traceable for criminals like WannaCry, but still completely private & fungible". Given his background, it makes ya wonder what he's thinking.

As for network effect, I've never put that much importance on it because it works in both directions; easy come, easy go. In my mind, the only thing that matters in crypto is relevance. In programming we have R for number crunching, Erlang for fault tolerance, and so on. When you think of crypto in these terms, dash makes sense; a soft real-time global payment platform.

Back