• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[Pre-Proposal] Introducing Dash to Serbian IT community through Startup Grind

nebojsa

Hi all,

This proposal is meant to introduce Dash to startup community on monthly Startup Events in Serbia.

Since Dash is gaining huge traction around the world and as a big fan of Dash and experienced Event Manager and well connected with IT community here, I thought that bringing Dash to Serbia would be a great idea. A lot of young and talented people and events are more focusing on blockchain technology and this is a great time for Dash to get traction here (did you know that Game Credits dev team and head are based here?).

Who am I?

My name is Nebojsa and I am Event Manager with over 3 years of experience, mostly organizing events oriented to start-ups. Currently, I am Chapter Director at Startup Grind Belgrade and I am organizing monthly fireside chat with startup founders and VC funds to bring close the experience of life as an entrepreneur to people who wish to start their own startup or startups who seek investments.

My previous experience includes:

• TEDx

• Startup Camp - Camp oriented to students where they face challenges like which they would face in real world as startup founders

• Brain Hunt - Job fair oriented to connect developers and start-ups

• Binfluencers - Co - Founder of NGO dedicated to making free programming schools in order to attract more people into programming

What is Startup Grind?

Startup Grind (www.startupgrind.com) is the largest independent startup community, actively educating, inspiring, and connecting 1,000,000 entrepreneurs in over 250 cities. We nurture startup ecosystems in 105 countries through events, media, and partnerships with organizations like Google for Entrepreneurs. The cornerstone of our global community is monthly events featuring successful local founders, innovators, educators, and investors who share lessons learned on the road to building great companies. Founded in Silicon Valley, Startup Grind has now hosted 5,000 fireside chats since its founding in 2010. To date, Startup Grind has helped millions of entrepreneurs find mentorship, connect to partners and hires, pursue funding, and reach new users.

I reached out to Startup Grind back in 2015 in order to start my own chapter (www.startupgrind.com/belgrade) to inspire young people to start their own startup and to help increase number of startups in my city and so far I connected over 100 people, 4 startups and helped over 50 developers, grad students to find appropriate jobs for their skills. 3 startups are founded with the help of connections they made on my events. Number of attendees per event range between 30-100.

My previous speakers are from Devana Technology (now bought by GoDaddy), Embassy of Israel (they are close partners of Startup Grind Belgrade, Speed Invest (largest VC fund in Austria), and this month my guest is Michelle E. Messina (author of “Decoding Silicon Valley: The Insider’s Guide.”)

Plus I want to start Dash community through my events and via Dash dedicated social media platforms. Which means creating Dash facebook page and support group and twitter account.

This sponsorship will cover:

• Venue
  • Stickers
  • T-shirts
  • Brochures
  • Badges
  • 2 Roll-up Banners
  • Catering
  • Marketing and design
  • Dash writer and social media manager
  • Dash give away $2 to 25 people
  • Filming and video editing
  • Exposure on Social Media platforms (Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, Meetup), newsletter, thank you note at the event, Sponsorship space on official Startup Grind Belgrade website.
  • Facebook ad campaign
  • Dash proposal reimbursement

Requested funding for October is 21.465 Dash

If there is some funding left or Dash price increase, it will go to funding Event for following month.

If the price of Dash decrease, I will add the needed amount from my own budget.

Let me know your opinion in the comments below and I will reply ASAP.

Last edited:
I'm a little off topic. But if i'm not mistaken sibcoin is the only sort of native Serbian coin? It is based off dash. I'm just curious if Dash is also popular there due to the association or if there is any relationship to sibcoin?

I'm a little off topic. But if i'm not mistaken sibcoin is the only sort of native Serbian coin?

Hi, no, it is Siberian (Russia) coin :D a lot of people mix Serbia with Siberia due to similarity in name.

As for popularity for Dash here (in Serbia :D) there is very little by devs and enthusiasts but not much popular with the wider community which is the reason I want to start promoting Dash on my events and then to start Dash's own events.

Blockchain as a tech is gaining big traction here, so I want to use that chance to promote Dash.

Project Update

1 week before the event we achieved so far:
- T-shirts, badges, stickers, and brochures with Dash QR codes being prepared for printing

- Rollup banners,
22312193_10214663343843295_619358334_o.jpg

- Venue (these images are to show how does the meetup part of the venue looks like),
22218278_1149068421893036_909184904722356230_o.jpg
22179934_1149068445226367_3404109165836230404_o.jpg
22254922_1149068545226357_6341753277677816700_o.jpg

and PR campaign is all set.

- 30+ registered attendees plus attendees on facebook event.

22278911_10214644150363470_1015967772_o.jpg

22330911_10214663694532062_666442954_n.png

I have some other surprises which will stay a mystery for something I am preparing for after the event :)

One more thing - Shoutout to Dandy who provided Roll-up Banners from his previous event and saved me some time and also offering to film an event, and of course everything paid with Dash! :)

Back