• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

TAO'S MASTERNODE SETUP GUIDE FOR DUMMIES (UPDATE GUIDE UPDATED FOR 13.0)

Yes, I followed all the guide in this thread to set up masternode. I hired Linux server on Vultr.com and did setting up steps on it to link masternode with the QT wallet. Bhkien, are you successful in setting up masternode? If yes, please guide me step by step to finish it. Thanks !

Yes, I followed all the guide in this thread to set up masternode. I hired Linux server on Vultr.com and did setting up steps on it to link masternode with the QT wallet. Bhkien, are you successful in setting up masternode? If yes, please guide me step by step to finish it. Thanks !

If you are setting up Dash masternode you can use Dashman for much easier.

But I don't know about setting up masternode for other coins.

I’m sorry my guide was unable to meet your needs. It has, however, helped countless individuals with setting up their node, so someone is able to follow it! :) Do you have any specific critiques I could use to improve it?

I think I manage to solve my issue by relaunching the masternode once I fixed the sentinel folder in my crontab.

I'll see in a few hour if it's still alive.

Have a nice day.
HI there - interested in setting up a masternode here and have a Gigabyte P55W V6-CF1 GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5, 15.6" IPS LED, i7 6700HQ Gaming Laptop - will that be enough? Thanks

Thanks for the great guide. One question, as the value of Dash increases, has there been any thought to reducing the number of coins that need to be held from 1000?

it is getting harder and harder to keep running the MNs continuously for 8-10 days! even in vultr's vps!
is there a plan to make the payments more often? like every 3-4 days?
thanks

Unfortunately that is impossible, since only one masternode can be paid in each block, and each block takes 2.5 minutes. The payment interval is simply a function of the number of masternodes on the network.

Unfortunately that is impossible, since only one masternode can be paid in each block, and each block takes 2.5 minutes. The payment interval is simply a function of the number of masternodes on the network.
then we just have to pay 2 or more MNs in each block ;)
nothing is impossible for genius programmers ;)

Or you could just upgrade to better hardware.

And if you can't afford better hardware with your earnings, then you'll have to drop out and fewer Masternodes means faster payments for the rest of us. Problem solved! :)

By better hardware you mean better vps? even the best vps out there has not 100% uptime!
by waiting 10 days to receive the payment is not the best policy!

Back