• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Conferences - BTC & Blockchain International Summit

Ryan Taylor

Foundation Member
This proposal is cross-posted at www.dashcentral.org/p/conf-bitkan-201708

This proposal funds the expenses for Dash to participate and sponsor the "BTC & Blockchain International Summit" in Beijing, China at the Platinum sponsorship level.

The BTC & Blockchain International Summit is the most influential blockchain technology conference in China, which is organized by Bitkan and is being held in Beijing on September 9th. This conference aims to discuss the current state of the digital currency and blockchain industry as well as its future. Attendance includes 80+ top-tier companies, 1000+ targeted users, and 200+ key influencers. A platinum conference sponsorship provides Dash with a prime opportunity to introduce our solutions to the Asia market, especially to China. We anticipate significant growth in our connections with local top-tier companies, and introduce Dash to potential users at the same time.

Attendees from Dash will include Evan Duffield, Andy Freer, Philipp Engelhorn, Daniel Diaz and the China country managers (Alexy and Raico). Evan will be our presenter on the main stage.

We are seeking funding for a Platinum sponsorship package, which includes the following:
- A 20-minute solo speaking opportunity at a prime timeslot
- 6 VIP level tickets and 6 VIP networking dinner invitations
- The largest booth size - 20 foot x 10 ft
- Inclusion of a Dash flyer in participants' welcome packets
- Two conference gifts with Dash logo provided to conference participants
- Top level publicity on website and conference materials
- Dash presented as Platinum sponsor on the conference backwall
- Two hotel rooms for two nights included

Costs for the conference sponsorship total 280,000 RMB.

We will also require funding for travel and lodging for up to 6 team members, and a booth support package (including booth rental, install and tear-down) provided by Bitkan. We are estimating these additional expenses at $12,000 USD. Any unused funding will be applied toward future conference events.

If you have any other questions, please direct them to @Ryan Taylor in this Dash Forum post to ensure I see your request.

Requested funding is as follows for the August 4th budget cycle:
  • 274.99 Dash for sponsorship and expenses for platinum sponsorship of the BTC & Blockchain International ($53,475 USD @ $194.46 per Dash)
  • 5.00 Dash proposal reimbursement
Total: 279.99 Dash

Note: Should any funding remain, we will apply it toward future conference and travel expenses.

Manually vote YES on this proposal:
dash-cli gobject vote-many 8cfab816cf93d6cabb790415a088f3ce6a896fc9b5952502d57e25af6747d99a funding yes
OR from the qt console:
gobject vote-many 8cfab816cf93d6cabb790415a088f3ce6a896fc9b5952502d57e25af6747d99a funding yes

Manually vote NO on this proposal:
dash-cli gobject vote-many 8cfab816cf93d6cabb790415a088f3ce6a896fc9b5952502d57e25af6747d99a funding no
OR from the qt console:
gobject vote-many 8cfab816cf93d6cabb790415a088f3ce6a896fc9b5952502d57e25af6747d99a funding no

Last edited:
@Ryan Taylor
Does anyone that's going speak Chinese?
If not, I would like to drop one core team member and/or add @boxmining of Dash Force China, if he's available and interested.
As you may know, business in China is built on relationships and his presence in translation alone could provide an excellent ROI.
He was interviewed by @Mark Mason and shared some lessons learned relating to the Chinese market, which could also prove useful to Core.

@Ryan Taylor
Does anyone that's going speak Chinese?
If not, I would like to drop one core team member and/or add @boxmining of Dash Force China, if he's available and interested.
As you may know, business in China is built on relationships and his presence in translation alone could provide an excellent ROI.
He was interviewed by @Mark Mason and shared some lessons learned relating to the Chinese market, which could also prove useful to Core.
Both Alexy and Raico (our China country managers) are Chinese, so yes we have two members attending that are fluent (and have most of our existing Chinese relationships).

You should reach out to Alexy if you are interested in having additional resources attend. I'm sure they would be welcomed, and I think Alexy can arrange for extra tickets.

Thank you for the response - I wasn't aware Dash had so many people already working in China!
I will leave it up to the individuals to organize themselves and create proposals for more funding, if necessary.

Otherwise, looks great!

Update:
Team joining the Bitkan Beijing Conference 9th Sep - Ryan - Flare - Tungfa - nmarley - quantumexplorer - ...

ZXa9vOR.jpg

O26tY4l.jpg

The China Bikan conference unfortunately got canceled - they are trying to move it to a different city / possible same dates. No update yet
(china seems to be cracking down on ICO’s - and in that wave regular BTC Conferences are canceled / effected as well - not Bitkan fought - just happening)

Here an article about another Conference being shut down:
https://bitsonline.com/china-ico-blockchain-conferences/

Is the team still able to participate at the updated venue in Hong Kong, September 20-21? @tungfa

we canceled the sponsorship (working on details for refund now)
as we have no speaker available + this whole move to HK is too close to London to get Ryan down and get proper set up
me and a couple of other HK Locals will be going to the event and doing meetings and such .... but the full sponsorship is off for now will get into that (china) on another date

Back