• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashCentral.org - masternode monitoring and budget voting

Rebranding to DashCentral

Dashwhale has been rebranded to DashCentral, to give the plattform a more professional appeal. I know, we all love the whale. But it had to go. The whale with big cigar theme is suboptimal if we want to attract new DASH investors and is problematic when screenshots are shown at cryptocurrency events. DashCentral user and visitor amount is increasing heavily. It has become an important place for new masternode owner onboarding. At some size, things become political. But hey, didn't we all have a great time with the whale?

dc_screenshot1.png

Last edited:
have a problem with my masternode 45.63.26.62 - suddenly dcupdater cannot connect to dashcentral anymore:

./dcupdater
Data POST to DashCentral failed with code: 500
Data POST to DashCentral with message: Can't connect to www.dashcentral.org:443 (Connection timed out)​

now I see on https://www.dashninja.pl/ that the port check also fails

any suggestions? (my hosting provider says that the network configuration is unchanged)

--------------------------------

the problem is solved magically by itself

Last edited:
Proposal creator updated and new "mark all comments als read" button

The proposal creator has been updated to cover some errors (whitespaces within proposal name) and now makes clear the payment conditions in a written summary to avoid unintended proposal payment settings.

A new button to mark all comments as read is now available within the "Budget" section. The button shows up on the up-right corner only, in case there are unread comments.

Proposal creator updated and new "mark all comments als read" button

The proposal creator has been updated to cover some errors (whitespaces within proposal name) and now makes clear the payment conditions in a written summary to avoid unintended proposal payment settings.

A new button to mark all comments as read is now available within the "Budget" section. The button shows up on the up-right corner only, in case there are unread comments.

But shouldn't people actually be reading the comments rather than ignoring them and blindly voting anyways? I feel as if those comments are rather important to the proposals.... Why make it easier to ignore them?

• Budget list has been improved to give clean and relevant overview regarding active proposals
  • DashCentral now supports ABSTAIN voting

We improved the following parts of DashCentral:

1. MNO badge: If you own at least one masternode and verified the ownership of the masternode within the section "My masternodes", a MNO badge will be displayed within the proposal discussion and shoutbox close to your username. You can also disable the badge within the "My account" section.

2. Notification categories: A category has been added to the subject of notifications (e.g. proposal, payment, error, working, restart) to allow better distinguishment of DashCentral notifications. In addition we added the USD value of the current MN payment within the notifications.

3. Improved nextpay status: The nextpay status was jumping erratically from time to time. The underlying issue has been resolved.

4. Improved proposal generator: The proposal amount and the payment address are checked to refuse invalid proposal amounts (45,6) and not supported multisig addresses.

5. Improved proposal description editor: Issues on inserting youtube videos and an issue with the automatic replacement of http to https URLs have been resolved.

Hey @rango I noticed that the DashCentral API returns JSON but with the wrong headers, any chance you could change the content type from text/html to application/json ?

I worked around it but I don't think I've had to do that before.

Last edited:
Hi Rango.

We are facing issues with getting the entire proposal to show on dashcentral.org.

Here is the page: https://www.dashcentral.org/p/south-asia-freelancer-research-education
The proposal is live.

When one click on Show full description, it only shows half the proposal and omits the rest.

Would appreciate it if you could help.

Best,
Gaurav

BestView attachment 5266
Gaurav

i guess it is just too long !refer to your pdf - or the pre proposal discussion OP here on DF

DashCentral moved to a faster server.
The proposal generator has been updated to support 12.2 proposal submissions.

@rango Hey Rango, there seems to be some issue with the e-mail masternode notifications. It says the test notification is "Delivery: Ok", but i'm not receiving any e-mail. I have, of course, double checked the e-mail for typos :) There was a guy on the Dashcentral chat that seemed to have the same issue but i cannot remember the username.

Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Btw awesome site, thanks for everything

Back