• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

bitcoin civil war is getting worse , time to take advantage of it ??

Dashmaximalist

i have written a article on it and we should advertise it by making a youtube video of it or something

check it out

why Bitcoin is broken ?

The reasons for its civil war and ways to fix this

If you are fan of bitcoin and keep following it you must have noticed that lately things have been not so great , yes we got 100% rise in the price in this year but thats the only good news , the community has been raging over how to tackle the scaling issue and looks like there is no real consensus on this.

Here are the reasons for this civil war

Bitcoin network is run by miners as you know and these are the people that get rewarded right now when process transactions ( and its a billion dollar industry right now), however there are also full nodes that are needed that keep track of every transaction that has ever happened on the network , so transactions are processed by miners but are recorded by full nodes , if we don't have enough full nodes , the transactions or truth about who owns what can be changed or hacked endangering the complete network as there is this fear of getting shutdown by governments or other actors if the count of nodes is too less.

Here’s where the problem arises , as you might have noticed the bitcoin transactions are currently slow and expensive lately the reason being the transaction limits are breached and 1 MB block size is getting full constantly. There were two proposed solutions increase the block size or introduce segwit which enables off-chain scaling, there are issues with both these problems.

The bitcoin core which is pro-segwit says that this block size should not be increased ase too much amount of data that will be stored will be too high and will economically difficult to maintain enabling even fewer nodes. The node count dropped from 100,000 to 6000 already, any further reduction places the entire network at risk.

The bitcoin unlimited proponents argue segwit doesn't resolve the problem right now ( as segwit will take 1–2 years for everyone to start using it) and also allege that many future use-cases like blockchain based notaries etc will be hampered if we just limit the blocksize limit at 1 MB and just focus on off-chain scaling ie segwit route.

As you can understand this is real issue and this debate has been raging for some time now.

Unfortunately there is no clean solution to this problem as bitcoin system does not incentivise the nodes. There needs to be a way to incentive nodes to keep more and more data and keep up with the speed requirements of the system.

Dash is a cryptocurrency that’s built on this core bitcoin platform but addresses these problems in a really interesting way.

In dash, these nodes are called masternodes and are paid equal amount to that of miners, however there is requirement to post collateral of 1000 dash.

This radical new way of incentivizing masternodes creates a whole new economic system which not only caters to long term growth of the system by incentivizing bigger and bigger blocks to carry more transactions it also means people effectively earn interest for holding 1000 dash on their master node.

Dash along with this comes up couple of genius features, about 10% of new coins created go to something called treasury that provides support for activities like development and marketing which is controlled by masternodes again through a voting mechanism, making dash - the first Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO) in history.

The biggest drawback of bitcoin is, it gives enormous incentives to the miners ( the soldiers ) of the networks without giving anything to the nodes ( the investors / senators) of the network, this arguably is a fatal flaw in its design.

if you don't provide incentives ( in terms of interest and voting power) to the most important people in the network- the investors, the network will simply fail to grow.
The choice for bitcoin is simple , either adopt features like dash or be taken over by a better network.

https://medium.com/@krishnayogi/why-bitcoin-is-broken-1a6ac2f837cb

...and I'm wondering why your other article was titled "Why bitcoin will be the best investment of our generation ?"

Really bad idea imho. I don't disagree with the points you make comparing the Dash infrastructure with that of Bitcoin but I'm also certain Bitcoins scaling issues have intentionally been brought to a head prematurely, ie. an attack and taking advantage of this difficult time for Bitcoin would only serve to assist the attacker.

Maybe that sounds like conspiracy nut talk but consider this, why are the markets for all coins falling? Bitcoin is the only coin at risk yet all major alts have fallen, not just in relation to the USD but in relation to Bitcoin and that makes no sense at all. Check the mainstream financial media, stories of Bitcoins demise are at an all time high, Goldman Sachs with a "prediction" of $1800, Morgan Stanley with claims of Bitcoin usage plummeting, tales of doom and destruction from all angles. Anyone following the "debate" has seen the same thing over and over, any time a consensus was in sight something would come along to stir up trouble and put things back to a stalemate.

The whole scaling issue has been classic divide and conqueror imho and if it succeeds in fragmenting Bitcoin then we're in serious trouble because then the whole of cryptocurrency becomes a rat race with anything showing signs of rising easily knocked back down by the same strategies. This is Bitcoins biggest obituary yet and I'd rather Dash had no part in it.

Really bad idea imho. I don't disagree with the points you make comparing the Dash infrastructure with that of Bitcoin but I'm also certain Bitcoins scaling issues have intentionally been brought to a head prematurely, ie. an attack and taking advantage of this difficult time for Bitcoin would only serve to assist the attacker.

Maybe that sounds like conspiracy nut talk but consider this, why are the markets for all coins falling? Bitcoin is the only coin at risk yet all major alts have fallen, not just in relation to the USD but in relation to Bitcoin and that makes no sense at all. Check the mainstream financial media, stories of Bitcoins demise are at an all time high, Goldman Sachs with a "prediction" of $1800, Morgan Stanley with claims of Bitcoin usage plummeting, tales of doom and destruction from all angles. Anyone following the "debate" has seen the same thing over and over, any time a consensus was in sight something would come along to stir up trouble and put things back to a stalemate.

The whole scaling issue has been classic divide and conqueror imho and if it succeeds in fragmenting Bitcoin then we're in serious trouble because then the whole of cryptocurrency becomes a rat race with anything showing signs of rising easily knocked back down by the same strategies. This is Bitcoins biggest obituary yet and I'd rather Dash had no part in it.

This is exactly the moment we need to come out with a strong message and explain people why dash is better , one thing I learnt is people are smarter than media and people love crypto. Media never loved crypto yet today we crossed 100 billion market cap

This is a great opportunity to focus our marketing to explain what exactly is happening with bitcoin and why there is an issue lot of people don't know this too btw and then tell them how dash will never face these issues we need to do a proper video and market it thoroughly.

This is exactly the moment we need to come out with a strong message and explain people why dash is better , one thing I learnt is people are smarter than media and people love crypto. Media never loved crypto yet today we crossed 100 billion market cap

This is a great opportunity to focus our marketing to explain what exactly is happening with bitcoin and why there is an issue lot of people don't know this too btw and then tell them how dash will never face these issues we need to do a proper video and market it thoroughly.

No, people are not smarter than the media, we're just moving in circles where smart people happen to hang out, if people where really smarter than the media then Trump would never have got into office. We're a tiny community, even combining everyone involved in movements aimed at correcting things that are screwed up in the world there are at least 10 that don't give a damn and will happily accept all that CNBC, Sky News, the tabloids, etc. tell them.

Just before the charts turned red crypto was the golden child of mainstream financial media, tales of $15k, $50k, $500k, to da moon!!! Know why that is? So suckers get burned by crypto and vow never to go near it again, tell everyone they know not to go near it, write blogs about how no one should ever go near it... We're tiny and we're taking on something huge that's intent on getting us fighting each other instead. Remember the old Dash Slack, the one that tried to split the community? If Bitcoin splits expect more of that, a lot more.

Sure, Dash is a better system than Bitcoin, it came later and addressed Bitcoins shortcomings but beating Bitcoin isn't the challenge, mainstream adoption of Dash as digital cash is the challenge. Please don't loose sight of that, our main opponent at this stage is legacy financial systems, not other cryptocurrencies.

Before the media went lil positive it was extremely negative still cryptos went up.
I don't think the big media is inciting this civil war ,it's already raging anyway

Having said that the real money in crypto is not from USA , The big money is from China Japan and Korea and they are coming into this because their currencies are depreciating and have weird currency controls, We should start thinking about bigger markets instead of getting stuck on usa based marketing.

Right now the only reason markets are down is because Bitcoin might split , I stress it again, this is a great opportunity to show that dash is a better system than Bitcoin and let people know that they have a choice , right now most investors are going just risk off we need to tell them dash is not risky

Before the media went lil positive it was extremely negative still cryptos went up.
I don't think the big media is inciting this civil war ,it's already raging anyway

Having said that the real money in crypto is not from USA , The big money is from China Japan and Korea and they are coming into this because their currencies are depreciating and have weird currency controls, We should start thinking about bigger markets instead of getting stuck on usa based marketing.

Right now the only reason markets are down is because Bitcoin might split , I stress it again, this is a great opportunity to show that dash is a better system than Bitcoin and let people know that they have a choice , right now most investors are going just risk off we need to tell them dash is not risky

Why are no other alts rising against BTC? Don't you find that a little suspect? Even ETH is dropping like a stone against BTC, logically "the flippening" would be happening right now but what we're seeing is just the opposite and I don't believe trying to pump Dash at the expense of Bitcoin would have that effect right now.

Dash is better, it can do digital cash better than any other system, better than any other cryptocurrency and it's on track to be miles ahead of any fiat-based system. That's enough, that's why Dash continues to rise at a steady pace and will continue to do so with every update, sticking a knife in Bitcoins back wont help that in any way.

The biggest reason of the current situation is this , fear and greed ... Most people right now are in complete risk off mode no one is buying any thing .

The reason why Bitcoin is performing slightly better is because Bitcoin u
Has far bigger real economy based on it than any other coin

Here's the deal , we don't act and keep quiet dash will fall further if we act and let people KNOW whats happening right they might stop being so nervous , it's not about belittling Bitcoin per se but telling people that dash will never face this issue ever.

The Usual Suspects printed a reason not to do any marketing with which I completely agree.

The most important part was the "microsoft advertising it's stock price instead of it's product."

ETH has positioned itself in the minds of cryptotards as "Bitcoin 2.0"

If that's true, DASH is "Bitcoin 9.5"

What difference does it make? What cryptotard is going to keep absorbing this BS? An overly porous sponge can absorb only the large-grained chunks of BS. Essentially, the bubble has burst because they were so open minded that their brains fell out. They're pulling out just as cluelessly and indiscriminately and they threw in. Buy high, sell low, complain about what a scam it was... Abuse a currency as a speculative investment, and act like it's all someone else's fault. Perform zero due diligence, blame everyone else.

What gimmick can you create that will fit into their attention spans which will express the long and complex list of reasons why DASH is so much better?

You could leverage this stupidity with marketing. But, how? It's only happening because of masses of exceptionally irresponsible and unintelligent people who's tiny animal brains can't hold the particles you would present.

About the best you could do is say "If ETH is BTC2.0, then DASH is BTC9.5; here's the link to the roadmap that your dumb ass will never comprehend."

Presenting a proof to a mind incapable of comprehending said proof, achieves nothing. It's wasted energy.

Explain math to a cat if you want. I have better things to do.

DASH's only opportunity for growth is organic/grass-roots. Conventional methods are an effort to reach the unreachable.

My my, this thought honestly hasn't occurred to me! A new theory, and I find it titillating, LOL. Maybe so, maybe it's just stubborn asses, who knows, LOL. But this is an interesting conspiracy :)

Hummm, Peter Todd, who I think is intellectually gapped, thinks this would have cost a lot of money, Laurent - the researcher, does not. If not, it could have been "anybody" and it seems to have ended around January 2017 when the cost of transactions were starting to spike. So I lean toward Laurent :)

We should be hammering the hell out of bitcoin's governance issues right now. Even with Segwit2x locked in, the biggest challenge is yet to come in 3 months when the fork to 2 MB is supposed to happen. I think there is a very good chance that there will be a big block/small block chain split at that time. We have 3 months where everyone is thinking about what "side" they are on, merits of other proposals, etc and should be open to governance discussions. Also, no matter what happens a large percentage of the people will be pissed off which might make them more open to consider to DASH. This goes for developers, too. Why not extend an olive branch to everyone in the bitcoin community who feels disaffected, helpless, left out or simply wants something better?

Yes many folks in dash have no clue about strategic marketing

This is indeed a great opportunity to get the word out about dash

Back