• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Airline In-flight media campaign

How long should we propose to run these ads?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kerry

Dash Airline Campaign Proposal

Dash should soon become the Market Cap leader but Dash is lacking some marketing resources to help make this happen.

My team is proposing an airline advertising campaign that will reach millions of people with exceptional demographics in hope of spreading the word about Dash around the world.

Objective

We propose running a 90 second video infomercial on two major airlines for a 1-month period on Airline #1, and a two-month period on Airline #2, that would reach millions of people. These segments will run on the video screens located on the aircraft seat backs. Most commercials will air twice per flight on average.

The proposed video is titled “What is Dash” and has been edited to remove 11 seconds to meet the airlines standards and time allocation. We believe that this video is the best one available to introduce people to Dash. Here is a link to the final version. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7rmhcakppzvbnqj/DashEdit1(3).mp4?dl=0

airline-monitors-2-png.4406

Cost:

For a One-month campaign on Airline #1 and a two-month campaign on Airline #2 the cost is 150 Dash (Equivalent to $25,000 USD). We also request 5 Dash for reimbursement of the proposal fee for a total of 155 Dash.

Reach:

The estimated number of views for this advertising campaign is approximately 2,254,930. That’s about 1.1 cents per view, compared to a 30 second Superbowl ad price of $5,500,000, or roughly 5 cents per view.

Why is airline advertising effective?

In a fast-changing digital world, it is becoming increasingly difficult to reach consumers on the go. In-flight video programming is one last remaining ways to effectively reach millions of passengers in a captive, controlled environment. With in-flight programming; we can reach an emotional connection with an exceptional demographic, through an engaging video feature.

People pay attention to a good story with captivating visuals. Frequent flyers are successful professionals with sophisticated tastes and the income to pursue their interests. In-flight media programming places traditional advertising in front of these elusive consumers at a time when they are not distracted by the internet, cell phones or on-demand devices.

Some more facts:

• Most viewers agree that in-flight television is a good way to pass time.
  • 58% of airline program members who typically take flights that offer television programming usually watch it.
  • 47% of those who watched the programming could remember the specific ad that was shown.
  • 36% of those who take flights that offer video entertainment have watched it on at least three out of their four past flights.

Price and customer demographics and statistics

Airline #1

Advertising rate is $14,500 - Our negotiated price is $10,500.

Demographics:

Male 49% Female 51%

Average Household Income (HHI): $111,900

Average Home value: $315,616

College Education Index: 187

Post Graduate degree index: 216

Median age: 47

Duration:

This airlines program reaches our target audience for 30 consecutive days, in a captive and receptive environment, reaching approximately 955,000 people of which 100,000 are business or First-class passengers.

Placement:

Seat back Video On-Demand is offered cabin-wide on select A330 and 777 aircraft flying international routes.

Domestic routes fly out of Dallas-Fort Worth, New York (JFK & LGA), Miami, Chicago, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Phoenix, and Washington DC.

Airline #2

Advertising rate is $19,500 - Our negotiated price is $15,000.

Demographics:

Male 52% Female 48%

Average Household Income (HHI): $100,000+

Ages 18-49 66%

Duration:

This airlines program reaches our target audience of about 1.3 Million people on over 10,000 flights, during 60 consecutive days, in a very captive and receptive environment.

Domestic routes include:

Los Angeles, Dallas-Love Field, New York (JFK, LGA, & EWR), Las Vegas, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC (Dulles & Reagan), San Diego, Austin, Seattle, Portland, Palm Springs, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Honolulu, Denver, Maui, Baltimore, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Nashville, Indianapolis, Raleigh-Durham, San Francisco, and Kona.

International Routes include:

Cancun, Los Cabos Puerto Vallarta

Placement:

Seat back video on all flights

Why is In-flight media preferred over TV?

A national TV commercial in 2011 cost about $345,000 in production costs alone. The cost to run the ad in a popular nationally televised program during 2011 was more than $100,000.

Summary

This infomercial will reach typically affluent and well-educated people, who for one reason or another, are trapped on an airline for several hours. Let’s take advantage of this fact.

We can reach a captive audience of almost 2.25 million people for a grand total of 155 Dash.

We believe this campaign will educate people about Dash and those people will spread the word around the world for a fraction of the cost of a typical TV advertisement.

Our Team

Our team consists of a computer professional with over ten years’ experience, and two retirees that have over Forty years of experience in special event management and marketing. We also have over 50 years’ experience working with contracts with State and Federal governments.

We have several other unique proposals in work now and we would appreciate your support of this proposal so that we may move forward with more exciting ones.

Let’s make some money for the entire Dash community!

Notes:

1. USD/Dash price based on 30-day average at the time of this writing using coingecko as the source.
  2. Any unused funds left over after 2 months from the last advertisement run date will be used for research and expenses related to sponsoring a major concert tour (that will be our next proposal which we are working concurrently), or donated to the campaign of your choosing.
  3. Airline #1: If the proposal is accepted this month, the ads would run during the month of Nov 2017.
  4. Airline #2: If the proposal is accepted this month, the ads would run during Dec 2017 and Jan 2018.
  5. Project Managers: All four are stakeholders as we currently own Dash.
  6. There are no major risks or constraints associated with this campaign other than the market price volatility of Dash.
  7. Proof of advertisement runs will be certified and provided in written form from the airlines.

Dash Treasury: p-2969.prop

Last edited:
Please let us know if you have any questions. We are excited about several other proposals we are working on right now and we would love your input.

Sounds promising with good ROI. Also a great way to grow Dash Nation! A few questions:

#1 Why are the airlines only known as Airline #1 and Airline #2?
#2 Have you decided what part of the video you are going to edit out?
#3 Does this commercial automatically air before the user can proceed to the on-flight menu?
#4 I would like to know more about the proposers before I trust them with this amount of money.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

This is wonderful idea , however i want it be on places where we think we will get maximum bang for the buck like Japan where people are going crazy about cryptos in general

Or countries like nigeria or venezuela which have highest per capita usage of cryptos

I'm agree that it could be a good way to advertise. But maybe look at location specifics, try to find where the majority of crypto is being used to reach full potential. And also depends on how the video is made and what it outlines

Have you produced the final cut? Can you publish the link?

Last edited:
Good questions, hopefully I can answer to them to everyone's' satisfaction.

1. The airlines are numbered because we were a little paranoid that our idea could be taken by someone before we could get the proposal passed. Probably an amateur mistake on our behalf but that was our thinking. We also have other airlines we are working on but we must get approval for the content before we can add them to any proposals. These are major airlines that are among the biggest in the US and their names will not be kept secret on the final proposal.

2. 11 seconds were edited out that include statements that could be considered bashing bitcoin or Banking. The airlines have a relationship with big banks and would not run any advertisements that may jeopardize that relationship. The first cut is at 12 seconds and removes less than 3 seconds during a comparison of Dash to BTC. The second cut is after the one-minute mark and removes the portion where there is an animated punch at a Bank symbol. We were told that the banks would not appreciate that part and may protest our ad causing the ad to be rejected. In total, there were 11 seconds that needed to be trimmed for time allocation and we chose those spots since they could be considered derogatory towards some of the airlines biggest customers.

3. The video will automatically air on both airlines. The formats are different from one airline to another. Both airlines offer free programming but the passengers have the choice to watch the ads. Airline #1 runs the ads on 3 different channels; Special Features, TV, and the travel channel. Airline #2 runs the ads in the Featured content channel.

I hope I answered all your questions. Any other questions can be directed to me via email at [email protected]. We are also available for telephone interviews if anyone is interested. Just email me and we can set up an appointment.

Last edited:
This is wonderful idea , however i want it be on places where we think we will get maximum bang for the buck like Japan where people are going crazy about cryptos in general

Or countries like nigeria or venezuela which have highest per capita usage of cryptos

These advertisements will run on international flights to Europe (England, Spain, Finland, France) and Mexico. Another airline we are working with requires prior approval of the ad content but they service many Asian countries.

Have you produced the final cut? Can you publish the link?
Sounds promising with good ROI. Also a great way to grow Dash Nation! A few questions:

#1 Why are the airlines only known as Airline #1 and Airline #2?
#2 Have you decided what part of the video you are going to edit out?
#3 Does this commercial automatically air before the user can proceed to the on-flight menu?
#4 I would like to know more about the proposers before I trust them with this amount of money.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Sorry, I posted a response below without responding directly to your inquiry.

Here is the response:

Good questions, hopefully I can answer to them to everyone's' satisfaction.

1. The airlines are numbered because we were a little paranoid that our idea could be taken by someone before we could get the proposal passed. Probably an amateur mistake on our behalf but that was our thinking. We also have other airlines we are working on but we must get approval for the content before we can add them to any proposals. These are major airlines that are among the biggest in the US and their names will not be kept secret on the final proposal.

2. 11 seconds were edited out that include statements that could be considered bashing bitcoin or Banking. The airlines have a relationship with big banks and would not run any advertisements that may jeopardize that relationship. The first cut is at 12 seconds and removes less than 3 seconds during a comparison of Dash to BTC. The second cut is after the one-minute mark and removes the portion where there is an animated punch at a Bank symbol. We were told that the banks would not appreciate that part and may protest our ad causing the ad to be rejected. In total, there were 11 seconds that needed to be trimmed for time allocation and we chose those spots since they could be considered derogatory towards some of the airlines biggest customers.

3. The video will automatically air on both airlines. The formats are different from one airline to another. Both airlines offer free programming but the passengers have the choice to watch the ads. Airline #1 runs the ads on 3 different channels; Special Features, TV, and the travel channel. Airline #2 runs the ads in the Featured content channel.

I hope I answered all your questions. Any other questions can be directed to me via email at [email protected]. We are also available for telephone interviews if anyone is interested. Just email me and we can set up an appointment.

Last edited:

Response: These advertisements will run on international flights to Europe (England, Spain, Finland, France) and Mexico. Another airline we are working with requires prior approval of the ad content but they service many Asian countries.

I will research airlines operating in those markets and see if it is feasible to do another proposal including them. Thank you for the input.

I watched the video, and I think it's very well done! I'd love to see that get wide distribution, if the cost makes sense.

This would make even more of a splash after Evolution hits.

How do you measure those impressions though (and thus the cost per impression)? Straight number of passengers? Number of movies watched? It sort of matters as in my experience, those ads are probably not seen really unless a passanger is actually using the audio/visual system. I don't know what that percentage is (though your numbers seem fine), but I think it's relevent.

In short, is the cost shown as 'reached' ("The estimated number of views for this advertising campaign is approximately 2,254,930. That’s about 1.1 cents per view") reflective of actual viewers, not just pax?

Last edited:
I watched the video, and I think it's very well done! I'd love to see that get wide distribution, if the cost makes sense.

This would make even more of a splash after Evolution hits.

How do you measure those impressions though (and thus the cost per impression)? Straight number of passengers? Number of movies watched? It sort of matters as in my experience, those ads are probably not seen really unless a passanger is actually using the audio/visual system. I don't know what that percentage is (though your numbers seem fine), but I think it's relevent.

In short, is the cost shown as 'reached' ("The estimated number of views for this advertising campaign is approximately 2,254,930. That’s about 1.1 cents per view") reflective of actual viewers, not just pax?

Thanks for the feed back!

The 1.1 cent is not cost per impression but the cost per potential impression based on the number of airline passengers. According to the airlines previous surveys the advertisements were watched by 58% of passengers and 47% of those who watched could remember the specific programming. It is difficult to gauge how effective the advertisement will be but we believe we are targeting the right demographics.

just seen this video but i don't think this an adverting video for airlines , we need a proper video that talks about benefits of digital cash etc
Wow. What do you feel it missed that would make it 'proper'?

In under 2 minutes (normal commercial time), it concisely showed and explained how Dash was digital cash by being secure, non-controlled, private, instant, and easy.

I don't see how it could have covered more ground in that timeframe. Are you just thinking it should be longer and more detailed, maybe (though that is more expensive)?

Let's remember that instant transaction and low fees are advantages of Dash over other cryptocurrencies. Not advantages over how current payments are done at point of sale in the Western World. In France, I pay 0 cents when I buy something with my debit card (only the merchant does) and it is an instant payment. By watching your video, I would only switch to Dash if I am ready to pay a fee to go private.

Currently, in the Western World, Dash is an advantage only to merchants (in France they pay a 2% fees on each receiving transaction from a customer who pays with a Visa Debit Card) or at people sending money internationally (As it can take days and costs a lot of money). The message should be aiming at them.

I am totally fine with advertising in a plane. But, I believe it should be much more focused, something like : Are you a merchant ? Or do you usually send money abroad (at expesive rates) ? If so, Dash will change your life...

Back