• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[Pre-Proposal] Creating content on Quora for exposure to early-adopters

How would you vote?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

casualchris56

I originally posted my Pre-Proposal here. After some feedback, I've updated it to the below. Please let me know what your thoughts are, I didn't get as much feedback on the linked Pre-Proposal as I'd hoped and want to contribute to the community.

Amount: 17 Dash per month

Time: Two months (will submit new proposal after two months to see if changes need to be made)

Proposal Details: Four high-quality answers posted per week on Quora to questions related to Dash and cryptocurrencies.

Overview: I want to get more involved with the Dash community and offer my services in the best way I can. I’ve owned Dash since 2014 when it was still Darkcoin and have been on the sidelines for most of that. I’ve read and kept up-to-date in that time. I’ve gained a good understanding of Dash and the cryptoworld minus some of the strongly technical stuff. I’m not a programmer but I understand and can explain the concepts well (So I’ve been told).

The best way I thought to do this was with a knowledge sharing social site like Quora (think Stack Overflow but less technical). It already contains the people that will be most interested in crypto and Dash and I’ve found that Dash is really lacking a presence there. What better opportunity to contribute to the Dash community then by answering on Quora to spread knowledge about Dash?

So that’s my proposal. I want to answer questions related to Dash and crypto that will truly expose it to people who will be most interested.

The below is a more in-depth explanation for my reasoning.

Why Quora:
Quora is a question and answer site. It “connects you to everything you want to know about. Quora aims to be the easiest place to write new content and share content from the web. We organize people and their interests so you can find, collect and share the information most valuable to you.” Wikipedia is found here.

The site covers topics of all kinds but generally leans towards entrepreneurship, startups, finance, and technology. See here for a list of the most followed topics. Many of Quora’s users are early adopters. Just the fact of being on Quora indicates that that person has a good touch of what is going on in the world. If they’re willing to be an early adopter on Quora my logic is they’ll also be more likely to adopt other things early on (Dash).

Topics related to Dash, cryptocurrencies, and investing on Quora:

Dash, Cryptocurrencies, Virtual currencies, Bitcoin, Coinbase, Alternative currencies, Digital wallets, Digital currency, Blockchain (database), Stock markets, Investing, Trading

Examples of questions where Dash could have great exposure:

What my answers will NOT be:

Blatant advertising for Dash. Self-promotion on Quora is frowned upon and the goal of Quora is to truly answer the questions asked. I think in the long-run, high-quality answers rather than quick advertising posts will be better for Dash. (Plus I’ll probably get banned.)

Additionally, my answers will not obviously troll other cryptocurrency topics such as:
If the questions in the above topics are not related to Dash and I can not add true value, then I will not answer them. An example of a question I would not answer is: What are your predictions about Monero and ZCash?

Who I am:
My name is Chris. I’m currently a resident of North Carolina working in the startup community. I’m a graduate of Elon University with an economics degree and have been creating content for some time now.

A few of my writing samples can be found below:
I’ve also done academic research on Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies and have presented at a Research Forum back in 2014. Academic paper titled: The Economics of the Cryptocurrency Community: What is the Future of Bitcoin?

Milestones, Deliverables, Results, Reporting, and Metrics:
I will post four high-quality answers per week. As a reminder, I need to add value to these questions not just post the Dash.org link and call it a day. This requires lots of time finding the correct questions, writing, editing, and in some cases researching.

Quora allows you see the number of views on your answers. I will report the links to each answer and numbers at the end of each month.

My approach will be to answer existing questions at first. These will probably get less views than newly asked questions. Once I’ve answered a reasonable amount of older questions I will move to newly asked questions as they are asked.

Thanks for your time!

Maybe you could give us an example. At first blush I see 4 answers / week = 16 answers / month for 17 Dash -- if an answer takes 1 or even 2 hours that is a lot of money per hour.

Like the idea, seems pretty expensive. That's between 100 and 200 bucks per hour. How about $20 and we'll see how much interest it generates? $20 an hour is not chickenfeed, particularly if we haven't seen what the response will be yet.

Am I doing the math wrong??

For early adopters? Are you building a time machine?

Quora doesn't seem like a useful focal point to me...

Too much money for what it is...

DASH is the first cryptocurrency to adopt the deliberate "moving goalposts" model, discarding the one-trick-pony shitcoin pump/dump model of the first 7 years of crypto. The answers will become outdated rapidly. There are still people dredging up "coinjoin." How would you address stale data?

Maybe you could give us an example. At first blush I see 4 answers / week = 16 answers / month for 17 Dash -- if an answer takes 1 or even 2 hours that is a lot of money per hour.

Thanks for your feedback. My issue is the volatility of the price right now. At the time when I originally wrote it the price was around $160 which at 1.5-2 hour per answer, was around $100 an hour. Probably a little steep, but with the proposal fee, that would cut it down significantly. What would be a good price per answer in your opinion?

And if it goes really well, maybe we double your rates next time....

Hi, thanks for your feedback. That makes sense. What would you give that at a "Dash per hour" rate? At the time I originally wrote it up the price was $160 so it's difficult to keep up with an hourly rate exactly. I understand the starting small and building and I will definitely take that into account.

For early adopters? Are you building a time machine?

Quora doesn't seem like a useful focal point to me...

Too much money for what it is...

DASH is the first cryptocurrency to adopt the deliberate "moving goalposts" model, discarding the one-trick-pony shitcoin pump/dump model of the first 7 years of crypto. The answers will become outdated rapidly. There are still people dredging up "coinjoin." How would you address stale data?

I've taken into account the others comments about price and will update the Dash per answer rate to reflect a more reasonable one especially for my first few proposals. I had assumed with the proposal fee and the price volatility, there is a certain level of premium the payout deserves because it's not like you're actually getting paid out in USD.

As for the issue of Quora not containing early adopters any longer, I'd like to respectfully disagree. The arguement is less that Quora is in an "early adopters" stage, and more that it is more likely to contain early adopters types because of its focus on technology, startups, etc.

In regard to the keeping answers up to date, I am in no way trying to make this a shitcoin scheme. It's a good question because it's a difficult thing to do. What I'm trying to do is spread and share information about Dash and its fundamentals to a wider audience. To combat outdated information, my plan is to link to primary resources (dash.org, forum, subreddit wiki) whenever possible because those sites are kept up to date. I will also commit whenever possible to update answers when I am able or if a comment asks a clarifying question and I am able to update it from there.

Thanks for your time.

My point was not that Quora had anything to do with early adopters.

My point is that early adopters are already adopted... 3 years ago. Will you go back in time to get more early adopters?

You cannot achieve that which already happened 3 years ago... This goal is impossible.

My point was not that Quora had anything to do with early adopters.

My point is that early adopters are already adopted... 3 years ago. Will you go back in time to get more early adopters?

You cannot achieve that which already happened 3 years ago... This goal is impossible.

I think maybe I misunderstood your point. Are you saying that early-adopters are already adopters for Dash? This I agree with and is not my goal.

My point is that Quora contains people who are more likely to adopt something new (even if Dash is past its early adoption phase) and Dash is new. I thought this would be a good opportunity to expose Dash to people who are more likely to use it at this point before UI improvements make it seamless to use.

I think maybe I misunderstood your point. Are you saying that early-adopters are already adopters for Dash? This I agree with and is not my goal.

My point is that Quora contains people who are more likely to adopt something new (even if Dash is past its early adoption phase) and Dash is new. I thought this would be a good opportunity to expose Dash to people who are more likely to use it at this point before UI improvements make it seamless to use.

We are still early on in the adoption curve. Your idea has merit. All we have to do is determine what your labor is worth, and how many questions/answers you think would come out of this proposal.

Back