• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PEC Prioritized and Categorized List of Evaluated Proposals

Biltong

Proposal withdrawn

Attachments

• 170706 Jpeg.jpg
    170706 Jpeg.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Awesome work! Thanks to everyone involved.
The quiet time between now and Evolution is a perfect place to focus on improvements to our governance process and the PEC is a great example of community created/operated growth.

Hi Dandy
I can't remember the exact date 7th? But we only evaluated proposals after that date - otherwise it would have been a nightmare. BTW - I liked the pole dancing Pre-P myself , but then I'm not an evaluator - just a bureaucrat . Loved the videos - incredible stuff. :)
Sorry - no - Poor Ev's are taking a short break and then we're at it again. Already got 3 Pre-P waiting to be evaluated. :rolleyes:

Hi Dandy
I can't remember the exact date 7th? But we only evaluated proposals after that date - otherwise it would have been a nightmare. BTW - I liked the pole dancing Pre-P myself , but then I'm not an evaluator - just a bureaucrat . Loved the videos - incredible stuff. :)
Sorry - no - Poor Ev's are taking a short break and then we're at it again. Already got 3 Pre-P waiting to be evaluated. :rolleyes:
Ah, ok. Thanks anyway.
I like the work that you did until now :)

Ah, ok. Thanks anyway.
I like the work that you did until now :)
You're actually right. There is a way, but it means, submitting again and going through the Pre-Proposal phase. Not sure how much time they have? When do they need the money?
If they tell us they will be submitting again, I or the Master Evaluator, will appoint a Evaluator asap and get the improvements going, but it will cost them 5 Dash again, unless they can get Jim's help.
Tell them to PM me or post on their thread - will place a watch on it.

You're actually right. There is a way, but it means, submitting again and going through the Pre-Proposal phase. Not sure how much time they have? When do they need the money?
If they tell us they will be submitting again, I or the Master Evaluator, will appoint a Evaluator asap and get the improvements going, but it will cost them 5 Dash again, unless they can get Jim's help.
Tell them to PM me or post on their thread - will place a watch on it.
Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the event is on 1st of July, so there is no time to make a new pre-proposal and proposal. This voting cycle is the only opportunity we have :(

Could you please provide the full reviews? Seeing just the scores is useless.
You can see each review in each pre-proposal's thread - it's an image so you'd have to use the search box of the forum, but if we find an easy way, it might be good to also includes the links to each proposals here. I'm sure we will be able to talk about it and come to you on that.

@Biltong ,
I would have a kind suggestion about your requests to the other community members. Please do not suggest that Proposal Evaluation Committee is anything "official" for the Dash network. The only official thing we have is code and protocol and it does not require any evaluation and reviews at the moment.

I appreciate the idea of reviews but please do not create an impression of them being official or required in any case. This is a community initiative and efforts and should be presented this way in my opinion.

@Biltong ,
I would have a kind suggestion about your requests to the other community members. Please do not suggest that Proposal Evaluation Committee is anything "official" for the Dash network. The only official thing we have is code and protocol and it does not require any evaluation and reviews at the moment.

I appreciate the idea of reviews but please do not create an impression of them being official or required in any case. This is a community initiative and efforts and should be presented this way in my opinion.

Hi kot
Thanx for the suggestion
I'll discuss this with the PEC members - we take decisions as a team.
I might just mention that it's quite clear that we are only in Pre-Proposal phase
You missed the line: "Any feedback regarding the PEC itself on the Official PEC Pre-Proposal Thread: https://goo.gl/qrbeXK" in the report above.
My own sig states clearly: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/official-pre-proposal-proposal-evaluation-committee.15247/

Ahh - I see: It's the word 'official' that worries you?
There used to be an old and very long thread for the PEC:
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-evaluation-committee.13952/ and when I created the new real/latest pre-proposal I called it the official pre-proposal - i.e. replacing the previous pre-proposal. I had no underhand motive for calling it that. Just seemed the logical thing to do. You know: "this is my official resignation... this is my official application... - replacing all previous communication.
Unfortunately I cannot change the title. Maybe ask @tungfa? Call it 'latest' 'real' whatever - Doubt that the PEC team will have a problem with that. No-one else mentioned this as a problem, so it never crossed my mind. :rolleyes:

<Edit: Just realized this could be a mayor BU! There are tons of links out there - will @tungfa be able to auto change all of them to the new name? If so - go ahead, otherwise pls talk to me 1st. Oh and if he can warn me - I'll need to change a lot of our documentation :( Is this really a mayor issue? - no-one else has mentioned it and it's been out there for quite some time...>

I'm not sure what you meant by: "The only official thing we have is code and protocol and it does not require any evaluation and reviews at the moment"
I doubt that I or any other PEC member ever mentioned that we want to evaluate 'code or protocol' ?
That is outside the PEC Scope - see our Pre-P

Scope

Pre-proposals that are more than $250 worth of Dash. Dash Force will manage those below.
Dash Core and any of the other already established DAO's like Dash Force fall outside the scope.
Whether future DAO proposals will fall in the scope will be discussed with babygiraffe and minotaur.
Whether MNO's should vote for or against a proposal is outside the scope.
The PEC will only highlight deficiencies/positive aspects we found and give a rating according to the PEC Evaluator Guidelines https://goo.gl/Futw1d
The MNO's must decide themselves how they vote.

Hope this makes things clearer, but any other suggestion on how we can improve will be very welcome

Last edited:
Hi Biltong,

I also don't see my own proposal (https://www.dashcentral.org/p/grassroots-crowdfunding-system) on there unfortunately. The preproposal and proposal occurred before the 7th. Are there other criteria required to make it onto your review?

Thanks,
Martin
Hi Martin
I had to decide on a start date and made it the start of this cycle - obviously you fell just outside it - sorry man!!
Someone else also asked the same thing. Just bad luck I'm afraid.
Next time :p I'm sure you'll have more P's - looks like you're full of ideas ;)
Good luck with your P

Could you please provide the full reviews? Seeing just the scores is useless.
I agree - not being able to click on the link is a pain. Unfortunately you cannot post a spreadsheet (as is) on the forum, but there must be a way. Scheduled to be investigated ;)

Back