• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

HELP!!! can i lost my wallet? or did sombody stole it?

Janic24

so i´m new here and no pro. i download my wallet on march. bught 3 times dash and didn´t watcht them for a while. (did no back up) than one day it was like a restart on my chrome browser every password, book marks are lost. the chrome bowser, dash core wallet and litecoin wallet too are not availbel. only the software file in download´s folder still there. i had to install bove wallets again and my coins are away? is there a way do find them? the adress where i send them i still have. what happens there?
thank you for help!

so i´m new here and no pro. i download my wallet on march. bught 3 times dash and didn´t watcht them for a while. (did no back up) than one day it was like a restart on my chrome browser every password, book marks are lost. the chrome bowser, dash core wallet and litecoin wallet too are not availbel. only the software file in download´s folder still there. i had to install bove wallets again and my coins are away? is there a way do find them? the adress where i send them i still have. what happens there?
thank you for help!

DashCore Wallet and your browser have nothing to do with each other
Dashcore is a standalone App !!
?

Just to clarify, you (OP) are talking about the Chrome browser (which is what you said) and not a Chromebook laptop, right?

You need to locate the wallet.dat file. If you are lucky, you will find a version from when you first installed the DashCore wallet -- maybe an automatic backup file is lying around. If you are unlucky, you overwrote your wallet.dat when you reinstalled the DashCore wallet.

What is your operating system (Windows, iOS, Linux)?

Just to clarify, you (OP) are talking about the Chrome browser (which is what you said) and not a Chromebook laptop, right?

You need to locate the wallet.dat file. If you are lucky, you will find a version from when you first installed the DashCore wallet -- maybe an automatic backup file is lying around. If you are unlucky, you overwrote your wallet.dat when you reinstalled the DashCore wallet.

What is your operating system (Windows, iOS, Linux)?

thx,

i have an acer, windows 10 home. i will search all dat files again. any idea where it can be? my 1 thought was that i got an virus, possible? really no chance if it´s overwritten?

DashCore Wallet and your browser have nothing to do with each other
Dashcore is a standalone App !!
?

yes i know. that´s only the abnormalities what i saw. in fact at one day the wallet dosen`t exist any more. only the dat.file to install ? my question is howe it can
disappear.

my question is howe it can disappear

I don't think we will be able to answer that question for you. From what I can gather from what you have posted, a combination of something you did and something the computer did caused the program to disappear. The important file you need to recover is wallet.dat -- that's about all we can offer without more detailed information.

I don't know off the top of my head where exactly the wallet.dat file is placed in a Windows installation of DashCore. If you poke around, you should be able to find that information pretty easily.

Maybe here: C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\DashCore

Back